Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,192 Times in 3,455 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Ben in the Pro Bowl

[QUOTE=rgj;991956]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I

Until this season, Roethlisberger identified Findlay as his hometown.[/I]

That's amazing. I live about an hour away from Findlay and have always defended Roethlisberger with his "trysts" with opportunistic barmaids and even underage, drunk college kids. Believe me, there are plenty of Bengal and Browns fans that STILL refer to Roethlisberger as "Rapistberger."

I always tell them to "prove it." Of course, they cannot. Stupid for allowing himself to get in the situations (notice PLURAL), yes. A criminal? I don't think so.

Roethlisberger being a little steamed because there are people who don't buy his story? What does he expect? Still a little immature?

Regardless, I thought that with the recent "settlement" of the "case" in Colorado, and the lack of prosecution of the Georgia "case," and Roethlisberger's marriage, I thought that finally some maturity and sense had been exhibited by Roethlisberger.

Then I am hearing Roethlisberger "expecting a meeting with Rooney" to "discuss" the Arians release, I didn't say too much, I can understand. Now with this Cory-Rawson thing....sorry. I am now out of Roethlisberger's corner. I see him now as a coddled athlete who thinks thinks that he is the center of the world. Time for the Steelers to dump his ass, send him to Cleveland where the Browns fans can "treat him real right."

I'm extremely disappointed in the "anointed one." My ass......
so you've been willing to defend him all of this time, but now you've given up on him because he's no longer listing Findlay as his hometown, and he wants to meet with Rooney to discuss the future of the team?
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #22
rgj
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7995
My Mood: Angelic

Yep. I'm starting to think that the Roethlisberger maturity level has not grown. The Findlay folks will survive just fine, as they did before Roethlisberger came on the scene, and as they will long after Roethlisberger is gone.

Go, Monroeville Steelers!!!
rgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #23
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,770 Times in 1,803 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Ben's football legacy will speak for itself

Ben's personal life will never be 100% clear for those of us not close to him

I will just say this - there is enough out there on him that for all intensive purposes puts him in the same group of many greats of many sports that have demons they have / will always battle. He's a person with issues magnified because of who he is. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm glad he is the Steelers QB and for my own selfish reasons - wish his image would more often than not err on the side of Drew Brees's so I don't have to hear ignorant members of opposing fanbases call him the now forever cemented "Rapistberger"

Lastly - yes, the media is blowing Ben's words on talking with Rooney out of proportion. In the same breath, I will say Ben has never gone out of his way to dispel any rumors or negative things he supposedly said or meant.

You know - when it looks like crap, smells like crap, probably is ____

Ben will retire with a public opinion of him closer to that of Terry Bradshaw's than Joe Montana's and while it shouldn't really matter to him - it IS his fault

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #24
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,638 Posts
My Mood: Tired

He went to Corey Rawson school in Ohio. Kid's their also identify that part as "Corey Rawson".

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #25
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Say it is'nt so Ben, say it is'nt so. Sounds like some fans need maturity if this is the biggest issue we have.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #26
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts

[QUOTE=rgj;991956]
Quote:
I

That's amazing. I live about an hour away from Findlay and have always defended Roethlisberger with his "trysts" with opportunistic barmaids and even underage, drunk college kids. Believe me, there are plenty of Bengal and Browns fans that STILL refer to Roethlisberger as "Rapistberger."

I always tell them to "prove it." Of course, they cannot. Stupid for allowing himself to get in the situations (notice PLURAL), yes. A criminal? I don't think so.

Roethlisberger being a little steamed because there are people who don't buy his story? What does he expect? Still a little immature?

Regardless, I thought that with the recent "settlement" of the "case" in Colorado, and the lack of prosecution of the Georgia "case," and Roethlisberger's marriage, I thought that finally some maturity and sense had been exhibited by Roethlisberger.

Then I am hearing Roethlisberger "expecting a meeting with Rooney" to "discuss" the Arians release, I didn't say too much, I can understand. Now with this Cory-Rawson thing....sorry. I am now out of Roethlisberger's corner. I see him now as a coddled athlete who thinks thinks that he is the center of the world. Time for the Steelers to dump his ass, send him to Cleveland where the Browns fans can "treat him real right."

Check yourself into the nearest nuthouse dude! Who GIVES a shit?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #27
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,132 Times in 508 Posts

[QUOTE=rgj;991956]
Quote:
I

Joe Namath's sexual track record as "Broadway Joe" would probably make Ben seem like a rank amateur; the difference of course is the era in which Namath existed. Back in those days, there was no "media" like we have today and anything that happened off the field, stayed there and it stayed out of the headlines.

Not that I'm saying that any of this is right, but rather that it's nothing new and that today it exists in an age of instant communication which is something that guys like Namath and Hornung and a boatload of other "ladies men" never had to deal with. Ben isn't the first football player to take liberties with a young lady and his story is just one in a very big book.

Ben and his generation lack the filters that existed back in the day when if a story like Ben's emerged, it would bounce around a newsroom for a while and if it ever got reported, it would have been watered down quite a bit. It's just the way it was back then and the relationship between reporters and athletes was different and there was a cloak of secrecy that was carefully maintained while a story was checked out. Back in Namath's day, plenty of people suspected plenty of things but it never went beyond suspicion because no one really knew and to a certain extent, it was even admired - by many women as well as men because many people saw behavior like that as part of being in the game.

Today it's completely different.
Today news is instant and completely unfiltered and often lacks context and circumstance and by the time any real story emerges, the public has already made up its mind about what they think happened and that's that. These days, if a celebrity farts in an elevator, the world knows about it before the guy standing next him. And by the time the doors open, there's an army of reporters asking the poor bastard if his diet is causing digestive problems or did he think his flatulence had something to do with being raised by a single parent - or maybe they want to know if he thinks he needs a colonoscopy because they heard rumors that cancer runs in his family.

The maddening thing is that throughout all of this, no one has actually taken the time to verify if the guy really farted at all.

I'd hate to be a celebrity in this day and age.
FanSince72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #28
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,638 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Say it is'nt so Ben, say it is'nt so. Sounds like some fans need maturity if this is the biggest issue we have.
There's always something to complain about

It's in the nature of a lot of fans

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #29
Sean95m
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18937

It was touch football folks, so your pretty much saying if Ben was cought shooting hoops and it was caught on camera he's a douche.... I guess I am the only one what wtched the game. It was 7 on 7 drills with no pass rush, move on people!
Sean95m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #30
rgj
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7995
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
He went to Corey Rawson school in Ohio. Kid's their also identify that part as "Corey Rawson".
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.......ELEMENTARY SCHOOL....until his father remarried and moved to Findlay.

.....and it's CORRECTLY spelled CORY-RAWSON.

.....and the word should be "there," not the possessive "their." Elementary grammar.
rgj is offline   Reply With Quote