Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 07-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default King Prisco Tells You Who Is Over-Rated

Pete Prisco - lord of the hacks hs offered up another tasty treat for NFL fans - his latest list of who is over-rated and who is under-rated in each NFL team.

This is strictly an opinion based article, which I guess makes it a simple converasation piece - no more than that.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9542704

Some opinions that stuck out for me.

1. Edge - Overrated - If this guy isn't an 'elite' back then I dont know what one is. Has ran for over 9,000 yards in 7 seasons and hasn't faded with age - has put up 3,000 in his last 2 years alone. Wont have HOF TD numbers becasue the Colts prefer to pad Mannings stats in the red-zone but this guy is a class act.

2. Muhsin Muhammad - Overrated - Prisco disses Muhsin because he has lost some speed due to being 33 - which apparently is "not a good thing because he never had big-play speed"
Seems to me that a guy that never relied on big time speed is going to be least affected by the further loss of speed to help him gain seperation.

3. Rudi Johnson - Overrated - Rudi apparently is a decent back, but lacks 'big play speed' - seems like Prisco has more of an obsession with speed than Al Davis.
The facts are Rudi Johnson has put up almost 3,000 yards in two years since taking over as fulltime starter - and his average YPC leapt from 4.0 in 2004 to 4.3 in 2005.
Prisco suggest that change of pace back, Chris Perry, with 63 career attempts and 280 career yards 'brings more to the offense' - i'll let you make your own minds up on that one.

4. Corey Dillon - Overrated - In one breath Prisco tells you that Corey Dillon had injury problems last year and that his numbers were down as a result.
In the next he tells you that Dillon is now done, healthy or not.
If Corey had performed as he did last year with no injuries then I would back this opinion - as it is he did, and I don't.

5. Curtis Martin - Overrated - Everyone accepts that Curtis is pretty much done as a full time RB in this league - he has been a legend but old father time has finally caught up with him. For someone to be 'overrated' surely you have to have high expectations of him - a word to Petey - no-one thinks Curtis will run for even 1,000 yards this year - so he can't be 'overrated'

Anybody else have any comments on Prisco's highly sophisticated rating system?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: King Prisco Tells You Who Is Over-Rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Pete Prisco - lord of the hacks hs offered up another tasty treat for NFL fans - his latest list of who is over-rated and who is under-rated in each NFL team.

This is strictly an opinion based article, which I guess makes it a simple converasation piece - no more than that.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9542704

Some opinions that stuck out for me.

1. Edge - Overrated - If this guy isn't an 'elite' back then I dont know what one is. Has ran for over 9,000 yards in 7 seasons and hasn't faded with age - has put up 3,000 in his last 2 years alone. Wont have HOF TD numbers becasue the Colts prefer to pad Mannings stats in the red-zone but this guy is a class act.

2. Muhsin Muhammad - Overrated - Prisco disses Muhsin because he has lost some speed due to being 33 - which apparently is "not a good thing because he never had big-play speed"
Seems to me that a guy that never relied on big time speed is going to be least affected by the further loss of speed to help him gain seperation.

3. Rudi Johnson - Overrated - Rudi apparently is a decent back, but lacks 'big play speed' - seems like Prisco has more of an obsession with speed than Al Davis.
The facts are Rudi Johnson has put up almost 3,000 yards in two years since taking over as fulltime starter - and his average YPC leapt from 4.0 in 2004 to 4.3 in 2005.
Prisco suggest that change of pace back, Chris Perry, with 63 career attempts and 280 career yards 'brings more to the offense' - i'll let you make your own minds up on that one.

4. Corey Dillon - Overrated - In one breath Prisco tells you that Corey Dillon had injury problems last year and that his numbers were down as a result.
In the next he tells you that Dillon is now done, healthy or not.
If Corey had performed as he did last year with no injuries then I would back this opinion - as it is he did, and I don't.

5. Curtis Martin - Overrated - Everyone accepts that Curtis is pretty much done as a full time RB in this league - he has been a legend but old father time has finally caught up with him. For someone to be 'overrated' surely you have to have high expectations of him - a word to Petey - no-one thinks Curtis will run for even 1,000 yards this year - so he can't be 'overrated'

Anybody else have any comments on Prisco's highly sophisticated rating system?

NM
I might give him Muhsin Muhammad, but Edge, Rudi Johnson, Corey Dillon, and Curtis Martin? If anything these guys are underrated. Curtis Martin may be past his prime, but a couple of years ago he was arguably the best back in the league.

Apparently he thinks Ben Roethlisberger and Isaac Bruce are overrated as well...wow.

Quote:
Are you kidding me? When's the last time Chris Perry broke the Bengals Franchise Rushing Record? The kid can hardly stay healthy long enough to be the 2nd string back. What does this guy smoke?

Last edited by CantStop85; 07-06-2006 at 05:48 PM.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

This year will tell us if Edge is overrated or not.....I think the Colts will stumble and the Cardinals will rise....James will play with an "edge"..because I think he was sick of playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle to Manning and Harrison...he has something to prove...and IMHO...he will prove it
Old 07-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

ok this guy has charles woodson underrated
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:26 AM   #5
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

I cant read this guys garbage any further
Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,832 Times in 3,706 Posts

http://www.sportsline.com/messages/t...14446-slappy59

anyone bother reading the roethlisberger thread under priscos story? no wonder i quit posting in that crapbucket. not one poster had all their facts or stats correct. other than the starter of the thread, the best post was probably from a seattle fan who hates ben.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #7
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest

anyone bother reading the roethlisberger thread under priscos story? no wonder i quit posting in that crapbucket. not one poster had all their facts or stats correct. other than the starter of the thread, the best post was probably from a seattle fan who hates ben.
yeah i read that it didnt read anymore of his garbage.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #8
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest

This one was my favorite post:

Quote:
You all make good points but you are thinking about it the wrong way. It is all rigged. I have been a pro football fan for a lot of years and it's not that hard to figure out. Lets see, 2001, trade centers get attacked, the next day Bledsoe gets hurt and Brady takes the upstart PATRIOTS to the superbowl. We go to Iraq and the PATRIOTS win two more superbowls? O yeah, there owner is Bob KRAFT. His company makes about half of the food in your local grocery store. Its a shame really, thats why midseason is the best time to watch football. Playoff games are all fixed, and the opener is paid off. Last year, Moss goes to Oakland, all this talk of this exciting new vertical offense. Moss torches the then healthy New England secondary. Yeah, O.K. If Miami is going to make a deep run into the playoffs this year, they will easily take Pittsburgh in the opener. Mark my words!
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:56 AM   #9
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

talk about a real ****ed up conspiracy theory. next thing you know we are going to hear george bush sr was really at the **** pit of flight 93
Old 07-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,832 Times in 3,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
This one was my favorite post:

especially funny is that the poster has no idea that robert kraft has nothing to do with kraft foods in the grocery stores. damn that board is so full of misinformed ignorant posters.

there was no football played "the next day" after 9-11 (which happened to be a tuesday- the day after ed mccafery snapped his leg in half) in fact the next week games were all cancelled
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote