Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,134 Times in 855 Posts
Default Ben chimes in:

Pretty good interview and insight coming from Ben. Optimistic attitude and looks to be in great shape. Glad to see he's having some fun as well. Talks a little about Arians.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...-Ben-chimes-in
Old 01-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Ben chimes in:

That Selfish SOB. Sarcasm if you dont catch my drift.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

Even tempered response to the Arians axing ("it's a business") - nothing in that interview to leave the impression Ben is going to act out about BA being gone and play the QB diva

Too bad Arians would not keep his impressions of Ben's reaction to himself and just let Ben speak
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Dan, I am sure if we were in same situation it would be hard to not speak without fully thinking knowing we were not wanted and basically fired. I know its a profession but in real life being canned is hard on a person. We just need to put this Arians mess behind and I hope they make a decision soon so we can talk about the new guy.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

By next season things will be all forgotten and ready to move on.....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Great interview. Sounds completely un-selfish to me, real team guy, not a hint of sarcasm whatsoever.
And didn't say anything out of the ordinary about Arians, other than they'll miss him (as any other team or any other QB would say). I can't imagine anyone, even detractors, would have a problem with this.

In fact, sounds like he's looking forward to moving on to the next thing.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Dan, I am sure if we were in same situation it would be hard to not speak without fully thinking knowing we were not wanted and basically fired. I know its a profession but in real life being canned is hard on a person. We just need to put this Arians mess behind and I hope they make a decision soon so we can talk about the new guy.
Arians didn't say he was pi**ed off - I get that and I would be too - being told you are not wanted by the Steelers or anyone else has to hurt (which probably explains his rationalization that he could not even get an interview for a HC job after calling about every vacancy because "they went with someone younger")

What frosts me is Arians decides he is in a position to speak for what someone else felt about his departure - but given that it was Arians I was not surprised - he knew exactly what he was saying - it was not as if he was being interviewed while walking off the field after a tough loss
Old 01-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Bruce had a chance to "retire", and he passed on it. So now he's (effectively) fired instead.

Bruce had a chance, as Dan says, to let Ben speak for himself, but couldn't control himself and inserted that little tidbit in there. The Pro Bowl interview with Ben makes Bruce look a little asinine, actually.

And he had a chance to keep his mouth shut about "interviewing with a couple of teams". Couldn't swallow his pride and shut his trap, so now he's just going to look like the loser he really is when - of course - zero teams come a-calling.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Oh my - Ben does not sound quite as conciliatory in this interview

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has questions about the direction of the Steelers' offense, and he plans to seek out team president Art Rooney II when he returns to Pittsburgh after playing in the Pro Bowl on Sunday night.

"When I get back I'm going to go up to Mr. Rooney's office and ask him what he wants from me, what he wants from this offense, because I think that's a viable question for him," Roethlisberger said Thursday in an exclusive interview with the Tribune-Review following a light Pro Bowl practice. "He's our owner and our boss, so I really would like to know kind of what he wants and where he sees our offense going because I'd like to tell him where I see us going."

"For your leader to be gone is kind of a shocker for us, but you've got to be ready for it, and whatever the Rooneys and coach (Mike) Tomlin decide is our next step. I think the (Steelers') mind was made up, and B.A. was kind of ready to move on as well."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_778590.html

Ummm - BA was not ready to move on

Drama to come
Old 01-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #10
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Great interview. Sounds completely un-selfish to me, real team guy, not a hint of sarcasm whatsoever.
And didn't say anything out of the ordinary about Arians, other than they'll miss him (as any other team or any other QB would say). I can't imagine anyone, even detractors, would have a problem with this.

In fact, sounds like he's looking forward to moving on to the next thing.
I agree. Like always, people are spinning the meaning of his words.