Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,034 Times in 1,951 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: Alright, AFC fans. What's your feelings on Manning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
I think he's just a pissy little bitch.
I think you're obnoxious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots
Spygate was an over hyped media creation that turned team scouting into a frenzy of cheating allegations for ratings and a sensationalized news story unjustifiabley. Nobody harps on this like Steelers fans. I don't know what your local media did to you people but you're obsessed. Games had to be won or lost on the field. Every team spied on one another. Get over it already.
I guess we will never know. If Goodell wouldn't have destroyed the Spygate tapes so quickly and let all NFL fans see them, then maybe we would know, but that didn't happen. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Steelers fans have every right to harp on it. Your team's cheating ways potentially cost us both regular season and AFCCG victories, and perhaps yet another Super Bowl Championship. You got six? No, so go lay down.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,963 Times in 3,374 Posts

just think, when Manning beats Brady in a second Super bowl he will go down as better than Brady. No question about it. Ten years from now, nobody will remember spygate or any kind of rivalry between Peyton and Brady. All people are going to remember is that Eli beat Brady in two Superbowls.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #13
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

While it is my duty to hate the Steelers I do respect Steeler football. They're a staple of the AFC and I do respect them more than any other AFC team for their style, their consistency, their history, and the constant threat they pose to us in the post season.
Patriot / Steeler showdowns are big here, in many ways more so then Patriot / Jet games.

I'm a Pats homer so it can't go beyond that but I do think it's unfortunate that we've made you so insecure over the last decade that you're too hung up on a phony "Spygate" story for the feeling to be mutual.

We beat you in the AFC Championship game on punt returns and special team plays. Not from "stealing all your signals." Honestly, you guys need to get over it already!
We're not going anywhere. The Patriots are here to stay. We'll be here next year. We'll be here in ten years. We'll be here in twenty.

The Patriots have taken their place as a premier football organization in the NFL and that isn't going to change.

Where's the love?
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
just think, when Manning beats Brady in a second Super bowl he will go down as better than Brady. No question about it. Ten years from now, nobody will remember spygate or any kind of rivalry between Peyton and Brady. All people are going to remember is that Eli beat Brady in two Superbowls.
That's a real possibility that Eli could beat the Patriots again. I'm not as arrogant going into this Superbowl as I was in 2007.

We have a lot of holes in our team this year. More over, Gronk is a question mark now although I remain hopeful. The Patriots got into the Superbowl this year on sheer force of will, heart, and work ethic - not from having a top to bottom cast of all stars.

But if we do win, Brady becomes #1 of all time, with 5 appearances, 4 rings, possible 3 Superbowl MVP's, and with the potential to strengthen our secondary in the off season and hopefully acquire a new deep threat, he could go on to be the first quarterback to lead his team to not one but TWO football dynasties.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

You really need to

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #16
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
What does this have to do with Manning?
... followed by this comment...

Quote:
But if we do win, Brady becomes #1 of all time, with 5 appearances, 4 rings, possible 3 Superbowl MVP's, and with the potential to strengthen our secondary in the off season and hopefully acquire a new deep threat, he could go on to be the first quarterback to lead his team to not one but TWO football dynasties.
what does Marcia winning the upcoming Super Bowl have to-do with Eli manning?

even-if the Cheatriots win this week, she'll still have 1-less League Championships than Bart Starr, 3-less than Otto Graham, and the exact same as Bradshaw or Montana

PLEASE quit slurping Brady's groin-spigot 24/7
Old 01-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #17
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,681 Times in 789 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

It's obvious Manning is the better quarterback. I always used to think Manning was nothing but a product of having great players around him but look at how well the Colts did this year without him. It just goes to show how good Manning really is that when they lose him they go from an annual playoff contender to a bottom dwellar in the AFC South and a warm up game for their opponents. I honestly think the guy could coach if he wanted to.

As for calling Manning a crybaby... that's pretty laughable, hilarious actually. Wasn't it Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat who scooted off the field without shaking hands to hide in the locker rooms after the Giants ended their "Perfect" season?
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,380 Times in 2,283 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
That's a real possibility that Eli could beat the Patriots again. I'm not as arrogant going into this Superbowl as I was in 2007.

We have a lot of holes in our team this year. More over, Gronk is a question mark now although I remain hopeful. The Patriots got into the Superbowl this year on sheer force of will, heart, and work ethic - not from having a top to bottom cast of all stars.

Giants have a good shot, I believe they are the better team overall. NE has no defense, that's why I can't go with them. Giants front 4 has always given brady fits, and I don't see how that's going to change. Gronk and Hernandez being banged up also really hurts. The giants team is healthy coming in on the other hand.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
It's obvious Manning is the better quarterback. I always used to think Manning was nothing but a product of having great players around him but look at how well the Colts did this year without him. It just goes to show how good Manning really is that when they lose him they go from an annual playoff contender to a bottom dwellar in the AFC South and a warm up game for their opponents. I honestly think the guy could coach if he wanted to.

As for calling Manning a crybaby... that's pretty laughable, hilarious actually. Wasn't it Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat who scooted off the field without shaking hands to hide in the locker rooms after the Giants ended their "Perfect" season?
You can't say Manning is the greatest quarterback because a Colts team sucked when he wasn't around. The Colts sucked because their head coach sucked. Give them a decent, half way competent coaching staff and the Colts would of won a lot more games. The Colts record this season doesn't "go to show" me anything other than that that organization had zero offensive know how without Manning running the show,

Give Joe Blow control over the Steelers for a season without Big Ben and try to claim Big Ben is the greatest because they went 0-16.

Not a sound argument. We all know the Colts head coach sucked.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Ms. Brady... Mr. Bradshaw has two words for you...

FOUR, beeyotch!!!