Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Where is Odell Thurman?

http://bengals.mostvaluablenetwork.c...egory/general/

Quote:
Odell Thurman; Mysterious Absence, Conspiracy Theories Abound

The best kept secret in Bengal-dom this off-season has nothing to do with Carson Palmer and his knee rehab. It has to do with their star player on the other side of the field, MLB Odell Thurman. An instant fan favorite for his hard hitting style, Odell has gone incognito this off-season. Rumors have been floated to a possible league suspension for drug or steroid use. There have also been stories of been fined repeatedly during the 2005 season for violating team rules. While we should be talking about how the 6′, 236 pounder looks to bulk up and become one of the leagues top middle linebackers, we are left wondering what is going on, why he?s was excused from camp. Profootballtalk.com went so far as to say that Odell could be in more hot water than AJ Nicholson, Frostee Rucker and Chris Henry combined (and it takes effort to surpass Henry).

Marvin?s silence on the matter likely speaks volumes. By refusing to discuss the situation we can only expect the worst. After all, if nothing is wrong why wouldn?t they say something. Or at the very least why would they stop selling his jerseys at the Pro Shop.

One possible indicator of Thurman?s prospects could be found in the upcoming July 13th supplemental draft. If the Bengals are to bid on talented yet troubled LB Ahmed Brooks, it could be the most telling sign of trouble ahead for Odell. Talk about Landon Johnson as a MLB all you want, but he is does not have the size or hitting ability to stuff the run and take advantage of Mount Adams? double teams. Plus, I can?t imagine Pollack playing OLB on passing downs (anyone see him in pass coverage drills). AJ Nicholson has the size but when was the last time a 5th round MLB became a quality starter in his rookie year. Personally, Brian Simmons may be the best option.

Here?s to hoping the rumors are just rumors. Unfortunately, the longer the silence the more likely a problem is brewing. At this point don?t expect to hear anything until camp opens. Don?t forget drug suspensions generally are not public knowledge until the season (and suspensions) start (see Duane Clemons 2005).
Wow it's got to suck to be a Bengals fan at this time.Rucker,Nicholson, and Henry sre all in hot water and it looks like Odell Thurman may be in even hotter water than all three combined?What the hell did he do?

The worst part about this is the first three aren't considered star players on the roster but Thurman is.I really liked Odell as a player too,I thought he'd become a superstar this year.The only reason he isn't as well-known outside of our division is because his performance last year was overshadowed by fellow rookie lb Shawn Merriman.

And btw,Bengal Brian,this article came from a pro-Bengals site so don't come at me with your "this is anti-Bengal pro-Steeler" BS you constantly try to bring to these forums.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Where is Odell Thurman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
http://bengals.mostvaluablenetwork.c...egory/general/

Wow it's got to suck to be a Bengals fan at this time.Rucker,Nicholson, and Henry sre all in hot water and it looks like Odell Thurman may be in even hotter water than all three combined?What the hell did he do?

The worst part about this is the first three aren't considered star players on the roster but Thurman is.I really liked Odell as a player too,I thought he'd become a superstar this year.The only reason he isn't as well-known outside of our division is because his performance last year was overshadowed by fellow rookie lb Shawn Merriman.

And btw,Bengal Brian,this article came from a pro-Bengals site so don't come at me with your "this is anti-Bengal pro-Steeler" BS you constantly try to bring to these forums.
At this point no one at all really knows what's going on with Odell Thurman...he could be in trouble for something or he could also has some personal issues that he has to take care of. No one really knows...I guess we'll find out eventually, but at this point it's all speculation. Rucker, Henry, and Nicholson's troubles mean little to nothing to me because they're all expendable, but if Odell were in trouble, that's bad news.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
At this point no one at all really knows what's going on with Odell Thurman...he could be in trouble for something or he could also has some personal issues that he has to take care of. No one really knows...I guess we'll find out eventually, but at this point it's all speculation. Rucker, Henry, and Nicholson's troubles mean little to nothing to me because they're all expendable, but if Odell were in trouble, that's bad news.
I really hope Odell isn't in any trouble.Did he have any character issues in college?

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Definitely will be interesting to see if anything develops out of this. Why would they stop selling his jersey? Did they run out or did they completely take his stuff off the racks? who knows.....

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
I really hope Odell isn't in any trouble.Did he have any character issues in college?
He had a few on-the-field issues while at Georgia. He was suspended for 3 games for violating team rules in 2004. Never anything really serious.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Wonder what the deal is with him? As Roe said he seemed like an up and comer. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i doubt that someone jersey could be sold out.. but i hope he returns
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #8
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Are they expecting him to be at training camp?
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:59 AM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I would love to say that the bengals fans have to be bumming. But the old rock throwing/glass houses thing sticks out in my mind. This has been a bad off season for us as well. Three arrests, the accident, Porters knee/holdout????
Old 07-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #10
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

*sniff* *sniff*

I smell training camp coming.....Like a lead up to Christmas.....

I want the Bengals at full strength...hope this guy is OK