Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default What If ARIANS....

...puts his system in place in Indy (where they actually believe in drafting quality Offensive linemen) and lights the place up?

What, if anything, does that say about our organization? After not getting a contract extension, there has to be at least a small trace of him wanting to show up his former employer by having a strong season with the Colts....

Remember, Arians and Peyton are old buddies too-- he was Peyton's QB coach for the first year or two in the NFL and helped him to achieve a 21 TD, 24 INT season his rookie year.

They may actually "click" and put together a potent offense, behind an actual Oline.

What say you, Steelers nation?
Old 01-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: What If ARIANS....

I dont see it happening anytime soon, first it would take Arians time to adjust and second we doubt Manning will be playing for Colts.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Indy will be rebuilding for a LOOONNNGGG time! BUT, what if?
Old 01-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067

They also will be lacking the speed at receiver to run all streaks
6RingsAndCounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,249 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
...puts his system in place in Indy (where they actually believe in drafting quality Offensive linemen) and lights the place up?

What, if anything, does that say about our organization? After not getting a contract extension, there has to be at least a small trace of him wanting to show up his former employer by having a strong season with the Colts....

Remember, Arians and Peyton are old buddies too-- he was Peyton's QB coach for the first year or two in the NFL and helped him to achieve a 21 TD, 24 INT season his rookie year.

They may actually "click" and put together a potent offense, behind an actual Oline.

What say you, Steelers nation?
I think it's fair to say that something like that is what many Steeler fans are afraid of.
That particular scenario is part of what I meant by being careful about wishing for too hard for something.

What would be even scarier is if along with Arians fielding a great offense, Butler fields a great defense.
I think if that happened there wouldn't be enough jumping room on all the bridges in Pittsburgh.

But don't worry, we may end up with Jim "2-12" Caldwell to replace Arians, so it's all good, right?
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,027 Times in 1,779 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

I could really care less. I'm a Steelers fan. Screw all the other teams.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,910 Posts
My Mood: Fine

First off - Arians has done nothing to prove that he is capable of putting together an offense that will "light it up"

He won a SB because his QB had one of the greatest 4th-quarter clutch type seasons ever

In every other season - his teams might have put up points from time to time - but pretty much underachieve on a regular basis. This is nothing more than Pagano, Arians, Butler trying to get back together like they were under Butch Davis in Cleveland.

As we all know - great coordinators don't necessarily make great head coaches so let's not jump to the negative

And while we are at it - let's not throw the entire 2-14 or whatever season on Caldwell's shoulders. There were 52 other guys on that roster that virtually quit on themselves and each other. Can you imagine Ben going down for the season and we go 2-14? You can all hate Tomlin but he would NOT let that happen. His worse stretch was the 5 game losing streak - 1 bad streak in 5 seasons and they still managed 9-7 (oh which by the way was good enough to get the Giants to the SB again) My educated guess is that our Steelers would probably do no worse than 8-8 / 7-9 in that same scenario.

Let's not get into the Irsays being some of the WORSE owners you could ask for as a fan. Nut jobs all the ways around who would shake your hand one second, only to turn around and stab you in the back. The father was responsible for taking the storied Colts out of Baltimore and inserting them in Indy - AND taking the Baltimore history with them. I hate the Ravens and their fans - but that would be tough to deal with. Lastly - I don't care what anyone says about Peyton's health. But after ALL he has done for that team and that ownership - they are not exactly going out of their way to owe him his deserved respect. If Favre can play the circus act that was the last few years of his career. Peyton Manning should be given a much more fair shot than those owners are giving him.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will move on and be just fine without Arians. Do NOT fear Arians and certainly do NOT fear a Colts team with an unproven rookie and a team that is starting from scratch. They are in St. Louis Rams territory - not AFC supremacy territory. Half of that Colts staff won't last 5 seasons - mark my words.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

like I have stated before Arians is no longer a Steeler, I wish him luck against everyone but us. That door is closed and all that keeps this stuff going is the media stirring the pot and a few posters still giddy with the news he is gone or a few who will jump at the chance to say "I told you so."
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,249 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
First off - Arians has done nothing to prove that he is capable of putting together an offense that will "light it up"

He won a SB because his QB had one of the greatest 4th-quarter clutch type seasons ever

In every other season - his teams might have put up points from time to time - but pretty much underachieve on a regular basis. This is nothing more than Pagano, Arians, Butler trying to get back together like they were under Butch Davis in Cleveland.

As we all know - great coordinators don't necessarily make great head coaches so let's not jump to the negative

And while we are at it - let's not throw the entire 2-14 or whatever season on Caldwell's shoulders. There were 52 other guys on that roster that virtually quit on themselves and each other. Can you imagine Ben going down for the season and we go 2-14? You can all hate Tomlin but he would NOT let that happen. His worse stretch was the 5 game losing streak - 1 bad streak in 5 seasons and they still managed 9-7 (oh which by the way was good enough to get the Giants to the SB again) My educated guess is that our Steelers would probably do no worse than 8-8 / 7-9 in that same scenario.

Let's not get into the Irsays being some of the WORSE owners you could ask for as a fan. Nut jobs all the ways around who would shake your hand one second, only to turn around and stab you in the back. The father was responsible for taking the storied Colts out of Baltimore and inserting them in Indy - AND taking the Baltimore history with them. I hate the Ravens and their fans - but that would be tough to deal with. Lastly - I don't care what anyone says about Peyton's health. But after ALL he has done for that team and that ownership - they are not exactly going out of their way to owe him his deserved respect. If Favre can play the circus act that was the last few years of his career. Peyton Manning should be given a much more fair shot than those owners are giving him.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will move on and be just fine without Arians. Do NOT fear Arians and certainly do NOT fear a Colts team with an unproven rookie and a team that is starting from scratch. They are in St. Louis Rams territory - not AFC supremacy territory. Half of that Colts staff won't last 5 seasons - mark my words.

Are you trying to convince us?

Or are you trying to convince yourself?
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #10
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,027 Times in 1,779 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Are you trying to convince us?

Or are you trying to convince yourself?
It's obvious that your opinion is the only thing that matters in your mind. I happen to agree with a lot of what he said

Speak for yourself

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote