Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #11
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: What If ARIANS....

He hasn't lit up the Steelers' offense in 5 years so regardless what he does somewhere else, I don't have second thoughts. He's gone and it's a good thing for the Steelers.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #12
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Does anyone remember what happened to Tim Couch with Arians as his offensive coordinator?

Poor Andrew Luck.

The Colts are no where near having the personnel to play a 3-4 Defense and with a rookie QB under Arians
the Colts will be very bad next year, and for the future as well.

Prediction Pagano and his staff will be fired in 3 years time.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #13
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
It's obvious that your opinion is the only thing that matters in your mind. I happen to agree with a lot of what he said

Speak for yourself
Well you know what they say about opinions...
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19438

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I think it's fair to say that something like that is what many Steeler fans are afraid of.
That particular scenario is part of what I meant by being careful about wishing for too hard for something.

What would be even scarier is if along with Arians fielding a great offense, Butler fields a great defense.
I think if that happened there wouldn't be enough jumping room on all the bridges in Pittsburgh.

But don't worry, we may end up with Jim "2-12" Caldwell to replace Arians, so it's all good, right?
Yea ,im sure that 2-12 season had nothing to do with Payton not playing. If you watched the COLTS games. You would know they were in a lot of close games. Oh wait, thats right, didn't the Steelers stuggle playing them.
PeRK82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

Arians, I think, is a bad pickup for Indianapolis if you ask me. If the Colts go after Luck, then they'd have to really pay a CLOSE attention on how much the kid succeeded at Stanford.

With all the football and college I watched with this kid under center, anybody and their mother knows that Stanford uses an NFL oriented, power-I, power run game scheme that helped Luck into maturing into the role of pure passer behind a big oline and very powerful running game.

Of course, put two and two together. Lets hire a man running the offense that doesn't believe in a fullback! Brilliant (if the Colts decide to go Andrew Luck #1 of course, which is more than 95% possible, RG3 being the other potential QB to snag.)
Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #16
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRK82 View Post
Yea ,im sure that 2-12 season had nothing to do with Payton not playing. If you watched the COLTS games. You would know they were in a lot of close games. Oh wait, thats right, didn't the Steelers stuggle playing them.
And if you'd read into things a bit more you'd know what a "tongue in cheek" remark was.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Good for him if he does well elsewhere. And Bill Belichick sucked with the Browns, so what?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
...puts his system in place in Indy (where they actually believe in drafting quality Offensive linemen) and lights the place up?

What, if anything, does that say about our organization? After not getting a contract extension, there has to be at least a small trace of him wanting to show up his former employer by having a strong season with the Colts....

Remember, Arians and Peyton are old buddies too-- he was Peyton's QB coach for the first year or two in the NFL and helped him to achieve a 21 TD, 24 INT season his rookie year.

They may actually "click" and put together a potent offense, behind an actual Oline.

What say you, Steelers nation?

I think it means Arians should have done a better job with what he had playing with the players he had in Pittsburgh. O-Line hurt and can't stop the rush? 3 step drop passes getting the ball out of Bens hands quickly to high percentage targets, run the ball, PA Passing, utilize Miller effectively...

Its called ADJUSTING something Arians did not do at all it seemed last year. Take a look at the teams offensive stats in the 3rd and 4th quarter they are HORRIBLE.

Oh and not to mention getting DELAY OF GAME penalties even when coming off a TV time out or planned time out which happened multiple times this year. How the hell does that happen?....
Old 02-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,773 Times in 2,668 Posts

Or what if Arians continues to do what he always did in Pittsburgh and keeps shooting his mouth off to the media?

Robert Irsay is going to great lengths to claim no decision has been made on releasing Peyton Manning, even though that is regarded as inevitable

Colts owner Jim Irsay appeared Wednesday on NFL Network with Rich Eisen to discuss how Super Bowl week is going in Indianapolis.

Yeah, another topic came up too.

“A lot of people think Peyton [Manning] and I know what’s going to happen,” Irsay said. “No one knows exactly what’s going to happen.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-manning/

Enter Bruce Arians to f**k up that attempt by Irsay to spin the story

“It’s like deja vu like in 1998, starting off with a new general manager, a new head coach, and a new quarterback,” said Arians. “It was so exciting to watch that process grow into what it has become.”

Arians seems to be of the impression that the Colts are in a full, top-to-bottom rebuild. And that rebuild includes a quarterback change. Later in the Colts.com article, Arian backtracked a bit.

“Hopefully we have Peyton (Manning) back — I have my fingers crossed — but possibly starting with another young one, it’s really exciting,” Arians said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rback-in-2012/

Great way to get in the good graces of your new owner Bruce
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #20
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,569 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Or what if Arians continues to do what he always did in Pittsburgh and keeps shooting his mouth off to the media?

Robert Irsay is going to great lengths to claim no decision has been made on releasing Peyton Manning, even though that is regarded as inevitable

Colts owner Jim Irsay appeared Wednesday on NFL Network with Rich Eisen to discuss how Super Bowl week is going in Indianapolis.

Yeah, another topic came up too.

“A lot of people think Peyton [Manning] and I know what’s going to happen,” Irsay said. “No one knows exactly what’s going to happen.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-manning/

Enter Bruce Arians to f**k up that attempt by Irsay to spin the story

“It’s like deja vu like in 1998, starting off with a new general manager, a new head coach, and a new quarterback,” said Arians. “It was so exciting to watch that process grow into what it has become.”

Arians seems to be of the impression that the Colts are in a full, top-to-bottom rebuild. And that rebuild includes a quarterback change. Later in the Colts.com article, Arian backtracked a bit.

“Hopefully we have Peyton (Manning) back — I have my fingers crossed — but possibly starting with another young one, it’s really exciting,” Arians said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rback-in-2012/

Great way to get in the good graces of your new owner Bruce
That dumbshit

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote