Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #11
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: chicago 400- who to watch/ who will win

I'd bet money that NASCAR would react a little differently if the golden boys got punted for the win....if the 8, 24, 20, or 48 are on the receiving end of the hit, I guarantee that a black flag is coming out.

In other racing news...Juan Pablo Montoya, the F1 Superstar, has left the lucrative world of F1 for the opportunity to race alongside the likes of David Stremme.

OK - I feel better now - he finally came out and admited it...

Gordon spins Kenseth, holds on to win under hail of debris
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/9547595

JOLIET, Ill. -- Matt Kenseth accused Jeff Gordon of spinning him out on Sunday in retribution for an accident earlier in the season.

Gordon's answer: So what if I did?

"I certainly didn't mean to wreck him," Gordon said. "But I didn't mind moving him out of the way, either."

NASCAR officials fined Gordon $10,000 and put him on probation until Aug. 30. Kenseth figures Gordon just waited for that controversy to die down to serve up his revenge.

"He is not going to do it next week or the week after," Kenseth said. "He will wait. So I know it was intentional, but that is OK. Part of it is my fault -- we got slow."

"When it came down with five to go, he should have expected, if I could get to his bumper, there was going to be some action," Gordon said. "One, because of what happened in Bristol - and I'm not saying I just was going to wreck him, but you better believe I was going to make life difficult on him. And then No. 2, just 'cause we're hungry right now."

Last edited by Fire Haley; 07-10-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #12
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Mike Helton is on Hendrick's payroll along with Darrell Waltrip, Benny Parsons, and Jeff Hammond.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,849 Times in 4,490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer
I'd bet money that NASCAR would react a little differently if the golden boys got punted for the win....if the 8, 24, 20, or 48 are on the receiving end of the hit, I guarantee that a black flag is coming out.

In other racing news...Juan Pablo Montoya, the F1 Superstar, has left the lucrative world of F1 for the opportunity to race alongside the likes of David Stremme.

]
him being on probation is like having the golden track pass to do whatever he wants cause he simply wont get suspended no matter what he does to cross the line. nascar dont do their stars like that and they would make up some story about how his clean record and lack of past transgressions come into play.

i didnt hear kenseth whining to much or calling him an idiot. i cant wait to see gordons reaction the next time it happens to hin. tears will be flowing. hell he was whining after daytona.

juan montoya is gonna be pretty interresting. hes taking quite a paycut. it will definitely get fans south of the boarder more interrested. hes gotta good chance of being r.o.t.y. if he has some good success we may see more of this. im wondering what his endorsements were like and if they will grow. seems like hes just sick of losing to shumacher but hell find out these americans are no pushovers.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:17 AM   #14
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I'm mad at Jeff Gordon. I took Kenseth in fantasy and he was soooooooo close to winning it! I was hoping to take 1st place away from Diesel, but there's just no catchin' that guy...(lol)!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #15
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

You guys are trippin!! That's the way it goes, you dump me and I'll get ya back at some point. That's racin kids! I don't like the sanitized version of racing so I'm glad to see em mix it up, it's the way it's always been and hopefully will be.

Conspiracy theorist need to at least conceed that Jr has earned his place and quit b*itching. I'm sure when those cautions came out it was for -insert driver here- benefit and there wasn't debris on the track either right? RIIIIIGHT!
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #16
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
I'm mad at Jeff Gordon. I took Kenseth in fantasy and he was soooooooo close to winning it! I was hoping to take 1st place away from Diesel, but there's just no catchin' that guy...(lol)!
diesels a freak! who'd he pick again as a "c" driver longshot? i think it was sorensen who came in 7th leading all rookies and c drivers.

unbelievable
Old 07-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #17
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover

Conspiracy theorist need to at least conceed that Jr has earned his place and quit b*itching. I'm sure when those cautions came out it was for -insert driver here- benefit and there wasn't debris on the track either right? RIIIIIGHT!
if its not a penske driver im pulling for jr. to win it all. hes been quiet yet awfully consistant. dale jr. reminds me of nascars version of big ben. die hards either love him or hate him, and casual fans in general seem to root for them cause they cant understand all the hatred.

same stigmas was put on them. they were both put in perfect situations and didnt really have the talent to win a championship. (i always knew ben could shoulder a team just like i know dale jr. can drive the wheels off a car).

and most of all, neither are dorks. put celebrity aside, if these were dudes i went to school with or grew up with they would probably be beer buddies. i would never go to a nail salon with tom brady but i'd definitely go shoot pool at a bar with jr. or go to a sorority party with ben.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #18
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Bwahahahahahaha!

I'm not back, just popping in...

THIS is rich. Kenseth, who was gonna run out of fuel anyway, and knew he couldn't hold the stronger car off regardless, blocks over and over and over again, then complains when he gets off the gas, checks up and gets the lightest of love taps? I'll buy his excuse as soon as NASCAR mandates brake lights...until then, good, clean win for the (still) best driver in NASCAR.

Isn't it ironic that Gordon who has only embraced aggressive driving late (late? He's going to pass up DE Sr's win count in half the time it took Earnhardt) in his career is about to pass Dale Earnhardt Sr. who almost never won a race without punting 5-6 guys out of his way? Nobody threw beer cans at Earnhardt Sr. when he just booted driver after driver out of his way...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:21 PM   #19
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
I'm not back, just popping in
Hey suit!
Night race at Bristol...be there...should be fun.

Oh yeah...no coincidence that Jeffy wrecking Matt also kept the lead for the #48, a car he owns?
Funny how that works out, now, isn't it?
If he's such a great driver in a faster car, why not pass the #17 on the track?
No friggin way he HAD to spin Matt to get around, there was plenty of race left.

Last edited by Fire Haley; 07-11-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #20
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Bwahahahahahaha!

I'm not back, just popping in...

THIS is rich. Kenseth, who was gonna run out of fuel anyway, and knew he couldn't hold the stronger car off regardless, blocks over and over and over again, then complains when he gets off the gas, checks up and gets the lightest of love taps? I'll buy his excuse as soon as NASCAR mandates brake lights...until then, good, clean win for the (still) best driver in NASCAR.

Isn't it ironic that Gordon who has only embraced aggressive driving late (late? He's going to pass up DE Sr's win count in half the time it took Earnhardt) in his career is about to pass Dale Earnhardt Sr. who almost never won a race without punting 5-6 guys out of his way? Nobody threw beer cans at Earnhardt Sr. when he just booted driver after driver out of his way...
hey suit- ive been waiting for a good gordon debate. you see pti report that kenseth was ironically rear ended today on his way to the airport?

i wouldnt mind gordon playing tough guy on the track so much if he werent the one to throw the biggest fit when the exact same thing happens to him. (see bristol and his actions towards kenseth when matt came up to apologize).

gordon will pass dale sr in wins. i doubt he ever will in championships though. dale sr. never had a teammate who had a better team and equipment.

i see the best driver comment (although tony stewart probably is). i still think gordon was the biggest beneficiary of davey allisons helicopter accident. had that not happen you can subtract about 15-20 wins and 1 champ off gordons total. gordon lost his biggest rival before a rivalry was even born.

anyways we will see what happens late in the season when tonys, dales, or matts hunger surpasses jeffs. (jimmies wont- he knows better). i think a prescedent has been set. we will see who cries loudest.