Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
rthorsn
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 40
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13760
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Wow my idea may be a reality?

Well I posted a couple weeks ago that I really wanted Hue Jackson as our OC and I guess there is a chance Tomlin might agree with me.

Says nothing about a interview yet but lets hope. Just hope its not Todd Hailey!!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02...o-hue-jackson/
rthorsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
OX1947
Living Legend
 
OX1947's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,664
Member Number: 723
Thanks: 167
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts
Default Re: Wow my idea may be a reality?

YACK! Hue Jackson is terrible. Coached the most penalized team in NFL history. Has no discipline or authority over anyone. I would have rather had Arians stay then have this clown be OC. Sorry.
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 4,391
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 98
Thanked 222 Times in 155 Posts
Default Re: Wow my idea may be a reality?

Gawd. NO HUE jackson, please. That would be one definite step down.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
TomlinsThorn
Water Boy
 
TomlinsThorn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10
Member Number: 22401
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Wow my idea may be a reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthorsn View Post
Well I posted a couple weeks ago that I really wanted Hue Jackson as our OC and I guess there is a chance Tomlin might agree with me.

Says nothing about a interview yet but lets hope. Just hope its not Todd Hailey!!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02...o-hue-jackson/

I'm honestly curious to know why you think Hue Jackson would be a good OC for the Steelers.

I don't see it. .
TomlinsThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 4,391
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 98
Thanked 222 Times in 155 Posts
Default Re: Wow my idea may be a reality?

And for another thing...what's all this "...and the Steelers may want to talk to ---, and ----.....".

They better get some fire under their a** and get a hire in place...before all the good ones are gone and we're picking from Hue Jackson and the like. Other teams are interviewing and immediately hiring.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 10,049
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,651
Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,583 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Wow my idea may be a reality?

haley or clements would be fine. i don't know about hue though, then again, i don't have much info on jackson.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,746
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,325
Thanked 3,605 Times in 1,625 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Wow my idea may be a reality?

Oh hell. Please no. I'd rather have Arians.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,270
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,951
Thanked 6,138 Times in 2,828 Posts
Default Re: Wow my idea may be a reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
And for another thing...what's all this "...and the Steelers may want to talk to ---, and ----.....".

They better get some fire under their a** and get a hire in place...before all the good ones are gone and we're picking from Hue Jackson and the like. Other teams are interviewing and immediately hiring.
Tomlin did not see this coming - he had no idea Arians actually was going to get booted, unfortunately lost his default in-house choice when Coach Wilson was injured, has to work through this while having just lost his father, and IMO may be told to look outside the organization while according to the P-G being forced to waste time with a courtesy interview of Todd Haley as a favor to Haley's father.

What a mess
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
rthorsn
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 40
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13760
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Wow my idea may be a reality?

I think it would be a good hire for a few reasons.

1) I don't want him as head coach. He did allow his team to get all those flags BUT you really think Mike Tomlin will allow HIS team to be that undisciplined? I don't see that being a issue with Tomlin having the Head Coach title.

2) He does 1 thing I don't think I ever heard Steelers fan say they hated. He ran the football. He ran the ball well. I KNOW he had runDMC and Bush but he also had a line that was not the most skilled ever. His rushing offense ranked 7th this year (a lot without RunDMC or a decent QB to help the run game). Pitt was 14th.

3) His passing offense was not horrible either. The Raiders were 11th in the league in passing even when they lost Campbell. Then played Kyle Boller (lol) till Palmer Who is coming off the couch and learning a new playbook took over. That is saying A LOT for his play calling. Just for reference Pitt was 10th this year in passing.

4) There offense with better at rushing and nearly as good (yardage wise) as ours last year. He also worked with his line much better than Bruce did. He created schemes that made them look better than they probably are.

5) His passing game featured a rookie Moore, an overpaid/over drafted DHB, a decent TE in Boss, and a few different QB's. Imagine what he could do with Big Ben, Miller, Wallace, Sanders, Brown!

6) He had better RB's production wise BUT I would love Redmans chances of having a big year. Let's not forget about Clay, Dwyer, and who knows maybe we draft somebody. Mendenhall is going to miss some time but he MAY bounce back.

7) I know his Red zone % was not that great but I feel like that could be a result of having a lack of talent. Something we all know the Steelers have!

8) .....That's all I have off the top of my head. I will think of more

All stat info was gathered by

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...g/seasontype/2
rthorsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,746
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,325
Thanked 3,605 Times in 1,625 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Wow my idea may be a reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthorsn View Post
I think it would be a good hire for a few reasons.

1) I don't want him as head coach. He did allow his team to get all those flags BUT you really think Mike Tomlin will allow HIS team to be that undisciplined? I don't see that being a issue with Tomlin having the Head Coach title.

2) He does 1 thing I don't think I ever heard Steelers fan say they hated. He ran the football. He ran the ball well. I KNOW he had runDMC and Bush but he also had a line that was not the most skilled ever. His rushing offense ranked 7th this year (a lot without RunDMC or a decent QB to help the run game). Pitt was 14th.

3) His passing offense was not horrible either. The Raiders were 11th in the league in passing even when they lost Campbell. Then played Kyle Boller (lol) till Palmer Who is coming off the couch and learning a new playbook took over. That is saying A LOT for his play calling. Just for reference Pitt was 10th this year in passing.

4) There offense with better at rushing and nearly as good (yardage wise) as ours last year. He also worked with his line much better than Bruce did. He created schemes that made them look better than they probably are.

5) His passing game featured a rookie Moore, an overpaid/over drafted DHB, a decent TE in Boss, and a few different QB's. Imagine what he could do with Big Ben, Miller, Wallace, Sanders, Brown!

6) He had better RB's production wise BUT I would love Redmans chances of having a big year. Let's not forget about Clay, Dwyer, and who knows maybe we draft somebody. Mendenhall is going to miss some time but he MAY bounce back.

7) I know his Red zone % was not that great but I feel like that could be a result of having a lack of talent. Something we all know the Steelers have!

8) .....That's all I have off the top of my head. I will think of more

All stat info was gathered by

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...g/seasontype/2
Thanks for taking the time to put together a well-thought out response and not curse at us, lol. That's been happening a lot. I guess Hue as an OC wouldn't be as bad as it would be as a head coach. Look at Todd Haley, he didn't have success as a head coach.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts