Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-01-2006, 12:48 AM   #181
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: A new section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life
You will not be dissapointed!

Now bug off, and leave Steelerzgirl alone!
Sorry Stlrs4life,

Its a duel to the death......who am i kiddin'.???

SG will go Steelers everytime!

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:01 AM   #182
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey Hburg,

Thanks for the compliments - you know whats its like though - you can't change a sporting alliegance just like that - been a Pats fan for too long now.

Same goes for the local soccer team I follow - no matter how bad it gets (and it has been bad at times) you can't see yourself rooting for anyone else.

There are no American Football bars for any particular team in England that I know of - although we do have plenty of American style sports bars that show US sports.

Oh, and before I forget, fcuk you right back you yank mofo!

Ha.

NM
I understand what you mean man, I couldn't imagine myself cheerin for any other team than the Steelers. Through good and bad and thick and thin you always are there to support them!

I don't know what part of England you are in and I've never been to England let alone researched whether there are any Steelers bars over there. I only suggested there might be one because recently this summer I served a man and his wife who were from Pittsburgh and were just stoppin to eat on their way home from helpin their son move his family to Ireland. Apparently his son (who is also a Steelers fan) had already found a Steelers bar over there. I know that Ireland is not even connected to England but I have heard of Steelers fans in England so I guess I figured that there might just be a Steelers bar in England. I'm curious though, over in Europe soccer (I'm sorry, football) is extremely popular. But you don't hear about any other sports that are played/watched there other than soccer. Here in the US we have football in the fall, basketball and hockey in the winter, and baseball in the summer. What other sports are there and what are the times of their seasons? Just curious. Peace.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:25 AM   #183
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
I understand what you mean man, I couldn't imagine myself cheerin for any other team than the Steelers. Through good and bad and thick and thin you always are there to support them!

I don't know what part of England you are in and I've never been to England let alone researched whether there are any Steelers bars over there. I only suggested there might be one because recently this summer I served a man and his wife who were from Pittsburgh and were just stoppin to eat on their way home from helpin their son move his family to Ireland. Apparently his son (who is also a Steelers fan) had already found a Steelers bar over there. I know that Ireland is not even connected to England but I have heard of Steelers fans in England so I guess I figured that there might just be a Steelers bar in England. I'm curious though, over in Europe soccer (I'm sorry, football) is extremely popular. But you don't hear about any other sports that are played/watched there other than soccer. Here in the US we have football in the fall, basketball and hockey in the winter, and baseball in the summer. What other sports are there and what are the times of their seasons? Just curious. Peace.

BuFu
I find it amazing that there is a Steeler or any other football bar in the UK/Ireland!

If there was going to be a football bar for one team I would have thought it would be a Dolphins bar (who were the most popular team here in the 80's/90's when US Football was free-2-air) or possibly a Patriots bar (because of their recent success).

Just did a quick search and it turns out there are a few Steelers bars in Ireland - fancy that!

Anyway, feel free to call our football 'soccer' - it makes things less complicated - im on an American sports forum after all....

OK - soccer is dominant for 9 months of the year - from late August to about May - but we also have rugby season over a similar period - to avoid those UK heatwaves you know?!

A summer sport would be cricket, which is gaining in popularity again after we finally beat the Aussies last time out (we play every 2 years).

Can't think of many other popular team sports - to be honest I dont want to see us branching out too much until we win a World Cup or two at soccer!

NM
Old 08-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #184
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I'm not going to post LITP's pic because that just wouldn't be cool, but he is very good looking. He has brown hair and brown eyes. Although he had a shirt on in his pic, it looks like he's ripped! In one of the pics he sent, he's w/two blondes who are very cute...(lol). He's definitely a cutie.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #185
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
You will not be dissapointed!

Now bug off, and leave Steelerzgirl alone!
Don't you worry, Dom. You're a Steelers boy. LITP is right... I'll go Steelers everytime!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #186
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,219 Times in 2,676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
I'm not going to post LITP's pic because that just wouldn't be cool, but he is very good looking. He has brown hair and brown eyes. Although he had a shirt on in his pic, it looks like he's ripped! In one of the pics he sent, he's w/two blondes who are very cute...(lol). He's definitely a cutie.
tmi! just wanting verification he didnt send an austin pict.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #187
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I find it amazing that there is a Steeler or any other football bar in the UK/Ireland!

If there was going to be a football bar for one team I would have thought it would be a Dolphins bar (who were the most popular team here in the 80's/90's when US Football was free-2-air) or possibly a Patriots bar (because of their recent success).

Just did a quick search and it turns out there are a few Steelers bars in Ireland - fancy that!

Anyway, feel free to call our football 'soccer' - it makes things less complicated - im on an American sports forum after all....

OK - soccer is dominant for 9 months of the year - from late August to about May - but we also have rugby season over a similar period - to avoid those UK heatwaves you know?!

A summer sport would be cricket, which is gaining in popularity again after we finally beat the Aussies last time out (we play every 2 years).

Can't think of many other popular team sports - to be honest I dont want to see us branching out too much until we win a World Cup or two at soccer!

NM
It's surprisin how the popular sports in different countries can be so different. I mean you mentioned the three most popular sports in England and they are completely different from here. I don't know if it is similar for the rest of Europe but either way it is surprisin.

Another thing I was curious about is how the leagues work over there for these sports, especially soccer. I mean is it just one huge league over Europe or does England have their own league separate or how does that work? How many total teams are there and are there divisions like in football (AFC East/North, AFC/NFC). How is it in cricket you are playin Australians? Sorry it is all just so baffling to me. I guess in America since we are so large we do not have too many sports that cross an international border. In baseball, basketball, and hockey we do have a few teams that are from Canada but it is not the same since we are so large where as in Europe there are so many countries in such a small area. Just curious man, hope you can follow me and all my questions because I'm startin to lose track at this point myself. Lol. Peace.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #188
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Wink Re: A new section

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Don't you worry, Dom. You're a Steelers boy. LITP is right... I'll go Steelers everytime!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #189
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
Awww... You're so cute...(lol)!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #190
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
It's surprisin how the popular sports in different countries can be so different. I mean you mentioned the three most popular sports in England and they are completely different from here. I don't know if it is similar for the rest of Europe but either way it is surprisin.

Another thing I was curious about is how the leagues work over there for these sports, especially soccer. I mean is it just one huge league over Europe or does England have their own league separate or how does that work? How many total teams are there and are there divisions like in football (AFC East/North, AFC/NFC). How is it in cricket you are playin Australians? Sorry it is all just so baffling to me. I guess in America since we are so large we do not have too many sports that cross an international border. In baseball, basketball, and hockey we do have a few teams that are from Canada but it is not the same since we are so large where as in Europe there are so many countries in such a small area. Just curious man, hope you can follow me and all my questions because I'm startin to lose track at this point myself. Lol. Peace.

BuFu
Hey Hburg,

Soccer is the dominant team sport in Europe - it is the No.1 sport in Germany, Spain, France, Italy etc etc

Ice Hockey, Basketball are played here but do not have that large a following - its mostly American/ Canadian players who aren't good enough to make the pro's in the States.

All of our sports are divided in club level and international level.

At club level the team represents a small part of a single country - Manchester United for example - any nationality can play for a club team.

In the England we have 92 club sides that are spread out over 4 divisions.

There is no seperation in terms of geography as in the US - AFC West, East etc etc

The best teams go in the top division and the worst in the bottom.

So thats about 18 teams to a division - each team plays the other home and away and is given points depending on the result.

At the end of the season the two best teams in a division swap places with the two worst teams in the division above.

If it is the top league then the best team are crowned Champions of the country.

International teams can only be represented by teams who were born in that country (or have parents from that country)

International teams - England, Brazil, Germany play major tournaments every 2 years against each other.

2006, 2010, 2014 - every 4 years there is a world cup for teams across the world

2004, 2008, 2012 - every 4 years there is a European Cup (for England, Germany) and African Cups etc for the other teams in the world.

England, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Bangladesh are the major cricket playing nations.

We play each other once at home and once away over 2 year cycles, and each game can last up to 5 days.

Cricket , and its tournaments are quite complicated to explain - we do have World Cups but each game only lasts one day.

Hope that explains a bit - any areas I haven't made clear - just ask.

NM