Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-10-2006, 11:48 PM   #11
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default Re: danica patrick in nascar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
I got news for ya....that lil hottie will pull in so much freakin money to NASCAR...she can drive there as long as she wants....its about the money buddy....Imagine the huge companies bidding to sponsor her team!!!
Companies who sponors teams want to associate themselves with someone who WINS. That little piece of white trash can't win in IRL. She'll run laps down every week and probably get in the way of real stock car drivers.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:52 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,420 Times in 3,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Companies who sponors teams want to associate themselves with someone who WINS. That little piece of white trash can't win in IRL. She'll run laps down every week and probably get in the way of real stock car drivers.
i wanna see her on the track before i make that judgement cause i thought the same thing about gordon and stewart before they made the transition. only difference....?

danica has/had a more promising career in irl
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #13
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

I heard a racing dude on the radio today saying that she has no intent of going to NASCAR because she has absolutley no stock car experience and she knowshe wouldn't do well there. The guy on the radio was saying that her dad is kind of an Archie Manning type who is a bit to involved in his kid's career at this point. I guess her contract is up at the end of this season and by him starting rumors about NASCAR, he might be raising her stock (no pun intended)for the next contract.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,420 Times in 3,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
I heard a racing dude on the radio today saying that she has no intent of going to NASCAR because she has absolutley no stock car experience and she knowshe wouldn't do well there. The guy on the radio was saying that her dad is kind of an Archie Manning type who is a bit to involved in his kid's career at this point. I guess her contract is up at the end of this season and by him starting rumors about NASCAR, he might be raising her stock (no pun intended)for the next contract.
actually that makes the most sense. she has a much better chance of being a winner in irl than in cup. she probably would never win in cup, and she pretty much means the world in the irl series. i would have to say irl is where her bread is buttered.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #15
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
I got news for ya....that lil hottie will pull in so much freakin money to NASCAR...she can drive there as long as she wants....its about the money buddy....Imagine the huge companies bidding to sponsor her team!!!
I have to agree with ya there. There's no doubt in my mind that Danica could gain stock car experience very quickly. I would love to see her enter the NASCAR ranks!

Someone mentioned that her father is heavily involved in her career. I wonder how her hubby feels about it. Hmmm...
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #16
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
actually that makes the most sense. she has a much better chance of being a winner in irl than in cup. she probably would never win in cup, and she pretty much means the world in the irl series. i would have to say irl is where her bread is buttered.
That's exactly what the analyst said. He thought she was actually doing pretty well in IRL for this early in her career. He said that long time IRL drivers take 27 races before they win on average. He also said that her personality is too competitive to take the time and poor results that she would have to endure to learn to drive stock cars.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #17
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
He also said that her personality is too competitive to take the time and poor results that she would have to endure to learn to drive stock cars.
So she has a personality to want to win? Hello!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:26 AM   #18
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
So she has a personality to want to win? Hello!
He wasn't saying it in a bad way. I think he meant that even though she could probably end up making way more endorsement money in NASCAR, taking a step back to learn again just wouldn't be worth it to her. If thats the case I have a lot of respect for that.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:50 AM   #19
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
He wasn't saying it in a bad way. I think he meant that even though she could probably end up making way more endorsement money in NASCAR, taking a step back to learn again just wouldn't be worth it to her. If thats the case I have a lot of respect for that.
You watch...she'll cave in and run to the cash....do you think only "team" athletes are money hungry???

NASCAR is HUGE (although I'm not a fan...I still know a successful business when I see it)...The endorsement money alone will be way too much to pass up

Just my opinion....
Old 07-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #20
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Danica is smokin'!!

A friend of mine who is a big NASCAR fan said it would be an easier transition from Indy cars to stock cars rather than vice versa........so maybe she could make a successful switch???
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote