Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 07-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #21
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default Re: danica patrick in nascar?

There are drivers who can make the transition from open wheel racing to stock car racing. Juan-Pablo Montoya, Sam Hornish Jr, and Dan Wheldon are three guys who can do it. Danica Patrick won't be able to. The biggest reason is focus. Drivers at the Nextel Cup level need total focus on their job in order to run well. Patrick has come out in interviews and said she wants to be a part time fashion model. You can't have that kind of split-focus and still be successfull at the highest level of American stock car racing.

Plus she's just not very good. I've watched open wheel racing longer than I've watched stock car racing and Patrick simply isn't a very good driver. Oh she's great when the car is set up perfectly. But she has no idea what to do when the setup on her car is off. That one trait alone will kill her in stock car racing where the setup is almost never perfect from the start.

Stay in IRL Patrick......leave stock car racing to women who are serious about winning.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #22
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Has there ever been a female NASCAR driver?
Old 07-11-2006, 12:53 PM   #23
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

IF she makes the attempt, I think she would be foolish to dive right in. That's why Nascar has all of the developmental divisions and she would be crazy not to test her skills in those division first. I'm all for her being successful wherever she's at, but I'd hate to see the same thing happen over and over again with female drivers.
Ray Evernham is doing exactly what should be done with Erin Crocker. Jeremy Mayfield was just whining about Ray not being there for his Cup teams on Sunday because he's spending so much time with her and developing her skills. Here's a tissue for your issue there Jeremy! Sorry, got off topid- He's bringing her through the ranks and not just pushing her into the limelight. He wouldn't waste his time on her if he didn't feel she didn't have the talent. This is the same guy who brought us Jeff Gordon, he has an eye for talent.
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #24
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

I'll wait until Erin Crocker can finish a truck race on the lead lap before I call her a good driver.

Patrick's ego is too big to go through an entire season of Busch Series racing. She needs the limelight. Taking her clothes off for FHM or whoever is a pretty thin coverup for the fact that she lacks the skills to run on oval tracks. She should really be racing in the Champ Car series because she was trained as a road course racer.

In this PC world we live in, she'll probably get a ride if she wants one. I can only imagine that Jack Roush will fall over himself to have the opportunity to take away some of Toyota's thunder next season.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #25
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

get patrick out of the race car and put her behind the wheel of a mini van :)
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #26
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
Danica is smokin'!!

A friend of mine who is a big NASCAR fan said it would be an easier transition from Indy cars to stock cars rather than vice versa........so maybe she could make a successful switch???
Scott Pruit says it ain't so easy.....besides.....we know you don't have any friends.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #27
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover
Ray Evernham is doing Erin Crocker.
There...fixed that for you...
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #28
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
He wasn't saying it in a bad way. I think he meant that even though she could probably end up making way more endorsement money in NASCAR, taking a step back to learn again just wouldn't be worth it to her. If thats the case I have a lot of respect for that.
Thanks for the explanation, Hawk. I can see his point, I guess, but I really would love to see Danica break into NASCAR.

Hmmm... Who could her sponsors be? Would they be sponsors who would be geared towards women? Playgirl perhaps?
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #29
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Thanks for the explanation, Hawk. I can see his point, I guess, but I really would love to see Danica break into NASCAR.

Hmmm... Who could her sponsors be? Would they be sponsors who would be geared towards women? Playgirl perhaps?
tampax
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:45 PM   #30
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Even more NASCAR attraction. She wants to jump ship, Fine. At least report that I heard from ESPN Radio's Gamenight was right now she is negotiating a new deal to stay with her current race team in the IRL.(I don't know even anyone said that yet). How accurate not certain

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote