Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #21
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: President Bush as Mr. Vincent Saw Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
He'll take time to pray with you if you have enough money. But don't dare be poor or enlisted.

lol..yea..you might want to take CL's advise before those of us who ACTUALLY served are who ARE currently serving ask you what branch you are in to make that statement!

Points to CL for driving around the landmine!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #22
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

If you saw my last post, you would see that I told you I'm in the Air Force. You know, the branch that's losing 20,000 people and 23% of our budget.

But I certainly can't blame the President for that because he has a good heart and having a good heart is defining characteristic you want in a President.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #23
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
If you saw my last post, you would see that I told you I'm in the Air Force. You know, the branch that's losing 20,000 people and 23% of our budget.

But I certainly can't blame the President for that because he has a good heart and having a good heart is defining characteristic you want in a President.
Then Jeremy you are fully aware that a VAST majority of our boys in uniform support the President...and yes I still have alot of friends and contacts in the service
Old 07-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #24
Jeremy
Banned

It's not as vast as it was 2 years ago before we started losing good people to force shaping.

Personally I don't care about our President having a good heart. I've read stories that paint a very different picture of him, but you believe what you want to believe I guess. I care about him being an effective leader, and the jury is still out on that issue.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #25
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
It's not as vast as it was 2 years ago before we started losing good people to force shaping.

Personally I don't care about our President having a good heart. I've read stories that paint a very different picture of him, but you believe what you want to believe I guess. I care about him being an effective leader, and the jury is still out on that issue.
Point taken and agreed....it was just the general statement that he doesnt care about enlisted that I would say MOST enlisted men do not agree with....

...and since I havnt said it yet..THANK YOU for serving our country.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:51 PM   #26
Jeremy
Banned

I'd say it depends on how long you've been in. Old school NCOs probably believe that the President has their best interests at heart. Young NCOs and troops feel more ambivilent about the President and his support for them. They see 20,000 troops being pushed out the door by the end of the year, and 23% less money being devoted to their branch which means using outdated equipment and cutting back on training, and they see a reduction in their pay raises, and what you end up with are troops who don't feel like the governments, and the President, really care about them. At least that's been my experience.

And there's no need to thank me. I'm just doing what every good American should do.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #27
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
I'd say it depends on how long you've been in. Old school NCOs probably believe that the President has their best interests at heart. Young NCOs and troops feel more ambivilent about the President and his support for them. They see 20,000 troops being pushed out the door by the end of the year, and 23% less money being devoted to their branch which means using outdated equipment and cutting back on training, and they see a reduction in their pay raises, and what you end up with are troops who don't feel like the governments, and the President, really care about them. At least that's been my experience.

And there's no need to thank me. I'm just doing what every good American should do.

But by your own admission..the simple majority of new NCO's and troops still support the President..right? Which means you are giving the minority viewpoint?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #28
Jeremy
Banned

I'd say it's 50/50 at best.

Don't get me wrong, we all believe in America and our mission. But a lot of these kids I've seen come into the Air Force is the past 18 months hold a much lower opinion of the President than the people who were here when I came in.

There is a difference between supporting the President and supporting the mission. The younger troops are more able to seperate the two than most of our older troops.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #29
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
I'd say it's 50/50 at best.

Don't get me wrong, we all believe in America and our mission. But a lot of these kids I've seen come into the Air Force is the past 18 months hold a much lower opinion of the President than the people who were here when I came in.

There is a difference between supporting the President and supporting the mission. The younger troops are more able to seperate the two than most of our older troops.

Okay..I was beginning to like ya...but you are losing credibility when you say that 50% of the troops dont support the President...I have a dispatcher here who has been out of the Air Force for 1 year and she states that you are making a "political estimate" and that it is closer to 70-75% that support the president..(Whom she does not like)
Old 07-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #30
Jeremy
Banned

50/50 was for new troops.

Overall it's probably about 80/20. But that depends on where you're at. Combat units might be different from comm units just because they get different types of people.

Truth be told Lamberts, it's really like 20% support fully, 20% don't support fully, and 60% don't care as long the check is in the bank on the 1st and the 15th. That 60% might swing one way or the other depending on the issue, but they try and stay out of politics because it starts arguments that they don't really care about.

But once again, that's just my experience.