Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Boston really, really hates Gisele following her Super Bowl comments

Boston really, really hates Gisele following her Super Bowl comments

By Meaghan Murphy

Published February 07, 2012

| FoxNews.com

There is a long list of people to blame for the New England Patriots’ crushing loss to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLVI, but many people in Boston are directing their anger towards quarterback Tom Brady’s better half, supermodel Gisele Bündchen.

After declaring that her husband “cannot f***ing throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time” in Indianapolis immediately following the Patriots' defeat, local media in Boston have made hay of her ill-chosen comments.

The Boston Herald’s Margery Eagan wrote that Bündchen put her “Super Foot in her Super Mouth again," while longtime KISS 108 DJ Matt Siegel called Bündchen Yoko Ono–among other things.

“They were killing her,” Boston native Stacia Wadlington Bradley said of the popular morning show. “VB (Goudie) on Fox 25 roasted her, too. Let's just say she's not very popular around here these days.”

“The Patriots have not won a Super Bowl since Brady’s been with Gisele,” groused Providence, Rhode Island-based attorney Joesph P. DeStefano. “Sports radio guys in Boston have called Gisele Yoko Ono for years, but now with her comments after the Super Bowl, it’s reached a peak. For example, on WEEI this morning the whole crew ragged on her, saying that she should have kept her mouth shut."

Boston.com blogger Obnoxious Boston Fan wrote a 1500-word rant against Mrs. Tom Brady, saying, “She just threw Wes Welker, Deion Branch and the rest of the receivers under the bus.”

“Everyone in Boston is seething about Gisele’s comments,” added Boston-based travel agent Ellen Petschaft Berrios. “She really should have left it alone. What if Gisele had flopped at a runway show and Tom Brady came down and started complaining to the media? I don't care if she was right; that was not a conversation [to have] in front of the press.”

While most of Boston is furious with Brady’s better half, Bündchen can always seek refuge in one of her favorite ice cream shops. “She’s welcome here any time,” a clerk for J.P. Licks on Newbury Street told FOX411.com; but with one caveat. “I don’t take sports advice from a supermodel.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz1lkT3hUe2

(This just gets better and better. I'm getting a good belly laugh out of this one. I bet little Tommy is really happy with Cheat fans ripping his wife a new one. He should be really motivated to play well for a city that hates his wife. Keep up the good work Cheat fans. It's typical of the classless behavior we've come to expect from you.

Here is the rant from obnoxious Boston fan. Aside, apparently this fool doesn't realize that obnoxious and Boston are redundant. - mesa)

Gisele rips Patriots, gives Brady a pass
Print | Comments (12) Posted by Obnoxious Boston Fan February 6, 2012 11:18 PM

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/o...uper_bowl.html

I blame Gisele.

When your team's QB loses two consecutive Super Bowl appearances to the Giants in excruciating fashion, we naturally turn to his wife for the reason why. Or maybe it was his children. After all, Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since Baby Momma Bridget Moynahan made him a Baby Daddy in 2007. Of course, I saw plenty of Giants on the field after the game with their kids, so we know how absurd that argument is. When Brady had a brain-freeze and tossed that floater to no one on his first snap of the game Sunday picking up an intentional grounding penalty and safety, it was not because he was thinking about Ben's next play date or little John's nursery-school grades.

Back to the wife. TMZ called Gisele "Yoko Bundchen." Brady will be singing "Give Peace a Chance" when the team gets together for those OTA's in a couple of months and the subject of "How's the wife?" comes up. Before the Super Bowl, our favorite super model and NFL wife sent an email asking friends to pray for her hubby in the big game. "I feel Tommy really needs our prayer, our support and love at this time," she wrote in email obtained by the New York Post. Apparently she missed the last chapter in the Book of Tebow. Divine intervention does not apply to football games. Guiding players to victory on the gridiron ranks right between helping Adrian Gonzalez hit and giving Alicia Keys a leg-up in the Grammy Awards at the bottom of the His to-do list.

As ridiculous and embarrassing as it was, Gisele's email was intended for family and friends, not the general public. Surely her email not only inspired the Giants, but also angered both God and the Football Gods so much that they made sure the Giants got all the breaks Sunday night. Right? Not.

That brings us to her post-game presser where she ripped into the Patriots receiving corps. Oh, wait, she didn't hold a press conference, or take the podium after the game? She just threw Wes Welker, Deion Branch and the rest of the receivers under the bus in one of the best passes of the day.

She later later told Brady: "You played the best game of your life ... you were amazing." Far from it. That must have only been the second game she ever saw him play after the AFC championship. Call it negative reinforcement. With these clips, Gisele has given many fans a built-in excuse and place to point the finger from now on each time Brady throws an incomplete pass. If only his wife had kept her mouth shut ...

The tape of her criticizing the receivers, originally posted on theinsider.com, requires some Zapruder-film-like analysis. In this case, it was Eli Manning in the sixth floor of the book depository of Lucas Oil Stadium and Tom Coughlin hiding in the grassy knoll. In the tape, Gisele is seen walking with @Mrs75 (Bianca Wilfork). @Mrs75 has a healthy following on Twitter and rarely disappoints. She had no comment on the tape as of Monday night.

Gisele has her hand up to her ear as if she's on the phone at the start of the video, but then drops it down. It looks like she was pretending to be talking on the phone so that no one would bother her. And what's with the guy behind her carrying that box? It that the replica Lombardi Trophy she was going to give "Tommy" after the game?

Mrs. Brady then gets roped in by a loud-mouthed Giants fan (oxymoron/just plain old moron). According to the official FBI transcript, the heckler says: ""Eli (Manning) rules, Eli owns your husband." Eli does own her husband, or at least two of his Super Bowl rings. In the unlikely event that Tom and Gisele grow old together, every time he looks down at his wedding ring, he'll have to think about the championship rings under glass in Eli's den that should have been his.

carol brady.jpgThe original Mrs. Brady would have turned that heckler and said: "Fun is fun, but if you're not careful, someone can get hurt" before adding "Don't play ball in the house." But our Mrs. Brady didn't

After lowering her hand, Gisele keeps walking and doesn't say a word until she arrives at the elevator. Meanwhile, @Mrs75 remains stoic and silent. Equally stoic and silent was her husband, @wilfork75, both during Sunday's loss (three tackles, no assists, no sacks) and after the game, where he refused to speak with reporters. Also not speaking about this heartbreaking loss was Matt Light, who had to rush to the post-game party in time to take the stage and lose his shirt. Don't care that the team had a post-game party after a loss. Win or lose, I'm sure Gronk would be dancing topless at any opportunity. Although I thought he was supposed to be hurt?

Back to the video tape. At the elevator's entrance - far from her heckler and with her back to whomever shot the video - Gisele turns to @Mrs75 and another companion and says: "“You (have) to catch the ball when you’re supposed to catch the ball. My husband cannot (expletive) throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can’t believe they dropped the ball so many times.” After a swig of water, the tape ends.

Watch the video. You'll plainly see she is not speaking into the camera or even to her heckler. What I find interesting is that she didn't add: "And by the way, Bianca, where the hell was your husband on that last drive? The Giants owned his (expletive) all night long." Now that would be been must-see video.

wes welker miss.jpgGisele is a world-famous model in public after the Super Bowl, so she should have no expectation of privacy. The tape was fair game. She said what we were thinking and was right, to a point.

As we noted in the final installment of our "Fan Fight" post-game analysis, Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski all missed on fourth-quarter catches that could have either won the game or put the Patriots in the position to win. Welker's drop on about the 20 of the Giants on 2nd-and-11 with 4:00 remaining will be the signature play of this game for the Patriots. He makes that catch 1000% of the time in Madden 2012.

Gisele probably isn't aware of Asante Samuel, Bill Buckner, Calvin Schiraldi, Bob Stanley, Yaz's final at-bats in the 1978 playoff game and 1975 World Series, last September's version of the Red Sox or the Celtics in the fourth quarter against the Lakers in Game 7 in 2010. Otherwise, she might have dropped those references, too.

Surprised she didn't blame the postgame fried chicken or Bud Light ads.

Sorry, Gisele, but Welker, in particular, did not lose this game. He caught the other seven passes sent his way. But he had a chance to win it for New England had he caught that pass.

The Patriots lost and the Giants won for several reasons: Tommy's safety on his first play, the defense's inability to get the Giants off the field, a flawless game by Eli Manning, a spectacular catch by Mario Manningham, the above-mentioned missed catches, 12 men on the field, the Giants' offensive line, Tom Coughlin's brilliance, a few unlucky bounces, etc. The next time they count to 12 on "Sesame Street," we need to alert the Patriots defense.

The presence of David Tyree on the Giants sideline didn't help, either.

The Patriots were one step, one play, one stop and one drop short, not just one catch, Gisele. Tommy's boys put themselves in a position to win the Super Bowl but failed to close the deal. Happiness, redemption and satisfaction were replaced by anger, heartache and disappointment. A decade of dominance that began with the Tuck Rule ended with Justin Tuck's hit on Brady in the third quarter.

The hatefest began before Gisele's outburst was posted. Pittsburgh's James Harrison (@jharrison9292) Tweeted "Told you, cheaters never win!!!!!!" That will be a hotly-debated issue until Mr. Brady and Sam the Butcher Belichick hang up the video cameras for good or win their fourth Super Bowl.

Bring the hate, America. It may be a while before Boston fans get another shot to celebrate a title. NHL teams just don't repeat because the road is so difficult. The Celtics still haven't recovered from last year's Perkins trade. The right-fielder/shortstop-lacking Red Sox will be hard-pressed to keep their hold on third place. But I hope I'm wrong and plan to act accordingly. We won't stop.

The Patriots are probably our best shot at Beantown's next crown, but that can't come until Feb. 3, 2013 at the earliest.

And if they don't win, just blame Gisele.

As always, let us know what you think. Post your thoughts here, on our Obnoxious Boston Fan Facebook page or e-mail them to me at obnoxiousbostonfan@hotmail.com. And don't forget to follow us on Twitter @realOBF. Thanks for reading. Pass the clicker.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Boston really, really hates Gisele following her Super Bowl comments

the entire Cheatriot fanbase (take the Sawx & Broons followers with you) should all pile into Ted Kennedy's submersible Oldsmobile & go for a ride
Old 02-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,467 Times in 3,546 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Boston really, really hates Gisele following her Super Bowl comments

i like gisele
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,520 Times in 3,752 Posts

Yoko Bündchen

This has been building for a while according to Bill Simmons

A Brazilian Supermodel Helping Wes Welker to Avoid Scapegoat Status

Gisele's performance before (the "Pray for Tom" e-mail that leaked out) and after (when she inexplicably talked to a reporter and ripped was overheard ripping Brady's receivers for so many drops), as well as everyone's affection for Welker (shades of Tim Wakefield after the Boone Game) should keep Welker from becoming a scapegoat.

Mrs. Brady? She might have a harder time shaking this one. I lived in the Boston area for the first 13 years of my life. I went to college 45 minutes from Boston. I spent the first 10 years after college living in Boston. It's hard to overstate how provincial Massachusetts is. There's an "Us Against Them" mentality that's just part of the DNA. You grow up there, you live a full life there, you die there. That's how it's supposed to play out. There's been a local undercurrent for the past few years that Brady thinks he's too good for Boston (because he moved to New York, then California), that he cares too much about being a celebrity, that Gisele made him soft, that he's not really "one of us." So when you combine Gisele's Super Bowl week performance with everything else, take a guess what they'll be talking about on local sports radio this month.

Is any of this fair? Of course not. Tom Brady is one of the greatest Boston athletes of all time. But when that Gisele-fueled backlash kicks into fifth gear locally (and it's already started), for the first time in Brady's career, he might have to win back Boston fans

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...s-indianapolis
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
the entire Cheatriot fanbase (take the Sawx & Broons followers with you) should all pile into Ted Kennedy's submersible Oldsmobile & go for a ride
Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
"... thank-you...

... thank-you-very-much..."
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,055 Times in 2,143 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Lmao 4xSB your crazy as hell, and that's why we love ya

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
"... thank-you...

... thank-you-very-much..."
Well I'm old enough to remember Chappaquiddick which is why I liked your comment.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #9
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Lmao 4xSB your crazy as hell...

"... we'll, ahhh... jes cross dat, ahhh, bridge... when we get to it..."
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,675 Times in 2,546 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Poor Yoko Bündchen. Those millions and millions of dollars she and her husband rake in just aren't enough sometimes.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote