Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Alright, AFC fans. What's your feelings on Manning?

My thoughts:

I find it incredibly ironic that at the same time that Indianapolis is kicking Manning out like yesterday's garbage, Tom Brady is headed to Indianapolis for his 5th Superbowl in what might be his coronation as the "Greatest Quarterback in the History of the NFL."

I even hear Brady will be using Peyton's locker. lol.

I couldn't have written a better script to end the Brady-Patriots / Manning-Colts rivalry if I tried. Colts fans must really be losing it. :)

And so ends the Patriots / Colts rivalry of the Brady and Manning era...
... with New England's complete and utter victory.

Love it.

I know the politically correct thing to say as a football fan right now is probably "boo-hoo, we'll miss you so much, Manning. Thanks for all the memories, blah, blah, blah."

I don't like Peyton Manning. I liked him in college. I liked him his first year or so in the NFL. After that he just became a rival - one I liked less and less as the years went on. I think of him as a selfish cry baby who i've seen pout on the sidelines one hundred times too many to respect him as a great leader of a rival football team.
I think he's just a pissy little bitch.

I've read that he never allowed his back up to ever take a single snap in practice. I've seen him throw an absolute hissy fit on the sideline after an 80 or so yard Indy run for a TD because Princess Manning wanted to throw the ball.

I've seen him get owned and owned and owned again by the New England Patriots only to listen to hack sports journalists make excuses for him - the once golden boy of the NFL who never could pull off what they wanted him to. The little quarterback who couldn't.

And so called "greatest" during the Patriots dynasty years who had A-grade receivers all around him and couldn't win $&#%. Now Tom Brady shatters him in stats, despite starting in the NFL 3 full seasons later and playing in the wind and snow and frigid air of an open New England stadium, not a stat padding dome.

As far as i'm concerned Manning is in the Dan Marino category (with a crappier attitude) only worse because he had better players around him.

I don't know where Manning is going to go if he doesn't retire. If he's smart he'll steer clear of the AFC East. In fact. If he's smart he'll steer clear of the AFC. In fact, if he's smart, he'll just retire.

So what's my opinion on the Peyton Manning situation?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Default Re: Alright, AFC fans. What's your feelings on Manning?

So what's the general sentiments on this Manning story from behind the Iron Curtain?
Old 01-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Brady needs to win this game to put the spygate crap behind him.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
Sneak
Water Boy

Member Number: 19775

IMO - the spygate stuff isnt really relevant. Its about as fair to keep bringing that up as all the idiots who keep calling the Steelers "dirty" for playing physical.

I consider it all to be envy of a good team, and (along with the Steelers) the dominant team in the AFC this decade.

All that aside, I dont care much for the Patriots. Or I should say; I dont care much for the people who cheer the Patriots, fine if your from Boston or whatever - but in my parts (my parts being Sweden), you see alot of people liking the Pats for no other reason than that they win.

As far as the Colts go.. Seems to me that the "rivalry" between the Colts and the Pats is nothing apart from so much hot air from the media. You've got two good teams, two great QB's - easy to market the "rivalry" I suppose. The SB is about two teams, the Colts isnt one of them :) And I seriously dont think Manning cares if Brady uses his locker.

And dont be too quick to assume another SB win for the Pats.. I seem to recall the Pats printing up quite a few copies of a book entitled something like "The New England Patrions Perfect Season" a couple of years ago... How did that work out for ya? ;)
Sneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
IMO - the spygate stuff isnt really relevant.)
to say the video taping / cheating is irrelevant is the same as saying that it had nothing to do with winning. now that brings up another question. if the video's weren't giving the cheats an upper hand, then WHY WERE THEY DOING IT ???

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
Sneak
Water Boy

Member Number: 19775

My point is that it isnt relevant today. Its old news, over and done with - in the context of Brady having to win this SB to get "over" spygate, I'd say it isnt relevant.

They got found out, and they were punished for it. Perhaps not as severely as I'd like to have seen - but still, its a done deal. And has absolutely nothing to do with this SB, or Payton Mannings "rivalry" with Brady.
Sneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
My thoughts:

I find it incredibly ironic that at the same time that Indianapolis is kicking Manning out like yesterday's garbage, Tom Brady is headed to Indianapolis for his 5th Superbowl in what might be his coronation as the "Greatest Quarterback in the History of the NFL."

I even hear Brady will be using Peyton's locker. lol.

I couldn't have written a better script to end the Brady-Patriots / Manning-Colts rivalry if I tried. Colts fans must really be losing it. :)

And so ends the Patriots / Colts rivalry of the Brady and Manning era...
... with New England's complete and utter victory.

Love it.

I know the politically correct thing to say as a football fan right now is probably "boo-hoo, we'll miss you so much, Manning. Thanks for all the memories, blah, blah, blah."

I don't like Peyton Manning. I liked him in college. I liked him his first year or so in the NFL. After that he just became a rival - one I liked less and less as the years went on. I think of him as a selfish cry baby who i've seen pout on the sidelines one hundred times too many to respect him as a great leader of a rival football team.
I think he's just a pissy little bitch.

I've read that he never allowed his back up to ever take a single snap in practice. I've seen him throw an absolute hissy fit on the sideline after an 80 or so yard Indy run for a TD because Princess Manning wanted to throw the ball.

I've seen him get owned and owned and owned again by the New England Patriots only to listen to hack sports journalists make excuses for him - the once golden boy of the NFL who never could pull off what they wanted him to. The little quarterback who couldn't.

And so called "greatest" during the Patriots dynasty years who had A-grade receivers all around him and couldn't win $&#%. Now Tom Brady shatters him in stats, despite starting in the NFL 3 full seasons later and playing in the wind and snow and frigid air of an open New England stadium, not a stat padding dome.

As far as i'm concerned Manning is in the Dan Marino category (with a crappier attitude) only worse because he had better players around him.

I don't know where Manning is going to go if he doesn't retire. If he's smart he'll steer clear of the AFC East. In fact. If he's smart he'll steer clear of the AFC. In fact, if he's smart, he'll just retire.

So what's my opinion on the Peyton Manning situation?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Thats funny u call manning a cry baby....Oh and like Brady doesnt do the same thing, OK!.
There isnt a single team that wouldnt love to have Manning as their QB before he got an injury.....Give me a break!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Spygate was an over hyped media creation that turned team scouting into a frenzy of cheating allegations for ratings and a sensationalized news story unjustifiabley. Nobody harps on this like Steelers fans. I don't know what your local media did to you people but you're obsessed. Games had to be won or lost on the field. Every team spied on one another. Get over it already.

What does this have to do with Manning?
Old 01-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts

i find it incredibly ironic that if tom loses the game next weekend eli manning > tom brady. if that wont burn a hole in patfans panties, i dont know what will.

head to head 2-0

there couldnt be too many endings to peytons unfortunate (and possible career ending) demise.

FWIW I hope brady goes out just like peyton and soon. that would be poetic justice. maybe brady will be " lucky" enough to use peytons locker midway through the 1st quarter.

roger goodell licks his nuts and has enabled him to pu$$ify the sport.

those are my thoughts (and many if not most fans who think the sport is going soft and metro).

BTW, i heard a pretty neat stat. only 2 qb's have beaten brady 3 times in a row. peyton was one, and now eli can become the third.

ouch. i dont think patfans can take their qb being owned like that.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Don't blame Brady or the Patriots for what's happening to the NFL.
I'm on your side; I don't want to see the Steelers cut off at the knees. I don't want to play a neutered Steeler team. I want to see the precision New England style of football pitted against the hard hitting grid iron Steelers style every time.

My good friend here is a Steelers fan (he's bold enough to show up at my house on sunday in a Steeler jersey). I've heard all the complaints. The Steelers are getting screwed.

But that isn't Tom Brady or the Patriots doing. Blame the NFL. They want longer seasons and a weaker game.

If anything I blame the locker room bounty cultures of teams like the Ravens for what's happening. I don't blame the NFL for wanting to protect its big money players from the malicious intentions of players like Pollard and Lewis.

And people keep saying Brady is a wuss that asks for flags but that isn't true. I don't even remember the last time he's gotten a roughing the passer call and he NEVER gets PI's even when his receivers get mauled.

That ONE play against the Ravens he flipped and wanted a flag but I can understand his anger over that play as it looks pretty obvious that Suggs was going for his injured knee which is not the way to play football.

Don't blame the Patriots. Blame the Ravens.