Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #131
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Fire Todd Haley!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Murf View Post
I happen to think Todd Haley is the truth. People misconstrue his "Dont give a flip' attitude as a negative thing. He will ride for his players. He's loyal like that...is scheme is way versatile, as he's been a premiere passing team, as well as a top flight run scheme..He's not afraid to challenge authority as well...Though the results aren't what people wanted, record wise - the offense looked real good imo. Injuries were the death of last season. This season will be different on offense. He is always good with using what he has..Matt Cassel looked like the truth with Haley as his HC/OC/QB coach in KC. Without Haley, Cassel looks like he should be selling cell phones at a Kiosk at the mall...
We played some pretty good Rosetta Ball until Ben was injured.

With another year of familiarity with the playbook and a healthy line this could be a breakout year for the offense.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #132
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Hire Arians!
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Haley For This Useful Post:
Sunchick (09-05-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #133
lopanchein
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24254

todd haley = 3yards and a cloud of dust
he would be a great OC in the big ten
lopanchein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #134
Joelbushbaum
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 25082
My Mood: Relaxed

Nice board. I just registered, and this is my first post. Haley's offense is antiquated and predictable. Ben's best stuff is no-huddle, 4 wide, and play action. You hardly see this in Haley's offense.

While the pre-season is just that, I noticed our long passing play was but 14 yards. By contrast the Giants had six players with longer pass receptions. Ben is right. Its dink and dunk, take two.

-JB
Joelbushbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #135
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,048 Times in 418 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

haleys offense was working just fine until ben went down. with leftwich and batch anybody's offense is going to suffer
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vasteeler For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (08-12-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #136
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

The more I watch these games (even though they are preseason) I feel the worse the Steelers offense is. Makes me start to wonder if in fact Haley's system is fit for Pittsburgh's personnel and offensive philosophy. I might have to wait until the regular season to make a call one way or another. Last year I never thought this way.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #137
Jazzo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16276
My Mood: Aggressive

I am getting more and more irritated when I watch Haley's offensive play calling, especially in last night's game vs. the Skins. We finally draft a descent RB who has potential to be a future star and Haley is calling the game like it is a Pop Warner Jr. Pee Wee game running the ball 4 straight times! How more predictable can you be? Where is the balanced attack? Of course Bell won't stay healthy if he runs him 4 times in a row! The defense is just going to sell out and target our RB. I blame the injury on the play calling! What happened to playing chess trying to outsmart the opposing team? Try throwing it on 1st down once in awhile or at least mixing up the play calling.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #138
synchxts
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 25100

I'm reserving judgment on Haley. This year wont be a good indicator as we have absolutely no talent at the offensive skill positions as well as an offensive line that looks amazingly worse than last year so far in the preseason. The lack of talent at WR, RB, and TE is what is going to kill this offense. I know a lot of people are high on Brown and Sanders, but I am not. Brown had an amazing decline in production after getting paid even while Ben was in there. We'll see about Sanders. I think many fans seem to think our front office is infallible in the draft and we are going to get top flight talent at RB and WR in the third round and beyond and that just isn't true. Most of the great WRs and RBs playing today were first or second round choices, mostly first rounders (Calvin, Fitz, Green, Jones, Peterson, Richardson, Spiller...all first round picks). We're going to be going in to this season with our top 3 WRs all at least 3rd round picks or higher. I don't care how good the front office is, they didn't get all starting talent there. Now I am not arrogant enough to say I know I am right, but I fear I am and I fear that you are going to see this offense struggle under a lack of talent. That's not Haley.
synchxts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #139
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo View Post
I am getting more and more irritated when I watch Haley's offensive play calling, especially in last night's game vs. the Skins. We finally draft a descent RB who has potential to be a future star and Haley is calling the game like it is a Pop Warner Jr. Pee Wee game running the ball 4 straight times! How more predictable can you be? Where is the balanced attack? Of course Bell won't stay healthy if he runs him 4 times in a row! The defense is just going to sell out and target our RB. I blame the injury on the play calling! What happened to playing chess trying to outsmart the opposing team? Try throwing it on 1st down once in awhile or at least mixing up the play calling.
Well we'll see what Haley's got Saturday night. This is considered the "most important" preseason game. I would think we will get a good indication of what is to come this season. If it turns into what we saw against the Redskins, then yeah I agree with you, the offense won't be very dangerous. The last option for a team is to be predictable. Defensive players and coordinators aren't stupid. Once they figure that out, it does not bode well for the offense. I'm interested to see what the offensive gameplan will be. Do they throw it more? Are plays called based on the gameplan, or success on the field?
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #140
Kleeberg
Water Boy

Member Number: 25190

After watching today's game against the Titans, it's clear that Haley needs to go. His offense is awful. Just awful.
Kleeberg is offline   Reply With Quote