Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #291
Rileyfactor
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 25179
Default Re: Fire Todd Haley!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
OK, so here are a slew of the glowing things you've said about the guy you claim to have said was a "stud". You've called him "bad", "inept", "inconsistent", an "underachiever", "limited", "not that good", "good", and "always sucked". Sounds like something you'd want in a guy you want to have around. Maybe you didn't clearly state it, but it sure sounds like you don't like him to me. I can't find the post where you claimed to have said he was a stud other than the one where you claimed to have said it prior. Must've missed that one.

Care to continue talking out your ass and making a fool of yourself?
Making a fool of myself. Show me ONE inorrect statement. Ben IS an underachiever according to Cowher, Wiz, Marvel and Joey Porter. I'll take their words. According to Ben he wasnt liked by teammates because of it. See the E:60 piece.

I stand by EVERYTHING I have said and you have proven that you are mad about what I say. Why else would you delve so deep into my words? Again, I thank you for the tribute, I will copy and paste and add it to the archives. There are some NUGGETS of knowledge in every post

Rileyfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #292
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyfactor View Post
Making a fool of myself. Show me ONE inorrect statement.
How about all of them?

Quote:
I stand by EVERYTHING I have said and you have proven that you are mad about what I say. Why else would you delve so deep into my words? Again, I thank you for the tribute, I will copy and paste and add it to the archives. There are some NUGGETS of knowledge in every post

Not mad just pointing out your idiotic assertions and double-talk. If you can't see it, you're dumber than I thought. I looked because you practically begged for it.

Quote:
Show me where I have said I want him gone. I will wait. In fact I said HE IS A STUD.
Quote:
You cant show me where I have said I want him gone. How come? Now I challenge you to show me where I have said Ben sucks or he is mediocre. I say "Ben is GOOD but not ELITE"

*continuing to make you look dumb....*

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #293
South Burgh
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 25207

The last time a Todd Haley offense was good was in 2008 when Kurt Warner carried him. His years with the Chiefs were disgraceful, and heís been a total bust in Pittsburgh. Thatís five straight years of failure right there.
South Burgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #294
SkipBayless69
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24783

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Burgh View Post
The last time a Todd Haley offense was good was in 2008 when Kurt Warner carried him. His years with the Chiefs were disgraceful, and heís been a total bust in Pittsburgh. Thatís five straight years of failure right there.
MATT CASSEL WENT TO THE PROBOWL WITH HALEY AS HIS COACH!

MATT CASSEL!

TODD HALEY IS BETTER AT HIS JOB THAN YOU ARE AT YOURS!
SkipBayless69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #295
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,068 Times in 889 Posts

Cassel...Cassel...

Damn! I KNOW I've heard that name before...

(it'll come to me...)
Old 09-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #296
Rileyfactor
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Our offense has sucked the whole Roethlisberger era so....
Old 09-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #297
Rileyfactor
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipBayless69 View Post
MATT CASSEL WENT TO THE PROBOWL WITH HALEY AS HIS COACH!

MATT CASSEL!

TODD HALEY IS BETTER AT HIS JOB THAN YOU ARE AT YOURS!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #298
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
quite right

so all these 'Ben fucked my sister' haters think it's time for the Landry Jones era?

BWAhahahahaha

yeah - I can hear it now

LAN-dry!
LAN-dry!
LAN-dry!

like that?
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #299
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

You know, I will agree with one critique here, namely that elite QBs do well in spite of their OCs, not because of them. That does not appear to fit Ben.

The real question is: who do you keep? Your great (but not elite) QB, or your hot-and-cold coordinator? Trick question, by the way.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #300
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,738 Times in 1,691 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
You know, I will agree with one critique here, namely that elite QBs do well in spite of their OCs, not because of them. That does not appear to fit Ben.

The real question is: who do you keep? Your great (but not elite) QB, or your hot-and-cold coordinator? Trick question, by the way.
I respectfully disagree with that statement. A quarterback is only as good as his offensive line and as his receiving corps. Just ask Tom Brady about that after the first couple of games for the Patsies this season. Ben no longer has Santonio Holmes, or even Hines Ward at his disposal. We're down to Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, and Jerricho Cotchery as our top 3 receivers. As much as I love Brown and Sanders I just haven't gotten the vibe from them that they're as good as advertised. They haven't been beating the coverage enough to inspire complete confidence in them. Let's not forget that Ben is without Heath Miller as well who is a guy who can pick up the slack when the receivers aren't getting open, and he's a phenomenal blocking TE.

Then there's the offensive line. Plagued by injuries and they have to play a backup lineman in Beachum at the TE position just to help out with blocking because the starting front five hasn't been getting it done on their own.

I think a lot of the blame for the offensive woes has to be placed squarely on Todd Haley's shoulders. His play calling has left much to be desired. They continue to try and develop a non-existant running game behind an offensive line that can't run block and they're doing it with a group of running backs that quite frankly are all backup material with some probably not even being that much. I'm not a fan of this new offensive scheme forcing Ben to try and be a prototypical pocket passer behind a limp dicked offensive line that obviously hasn't been getting things done. Todd Haley hasn't looked good as an offensive minded coach since he was last with the Cardinals. Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald apparently fit well into his offense. It obviously doesn't seem to be working the same way in Pittsburgh. As much as I hated Bruce Arians' bubble screens I'd take him back in a heart beat over Todd Haley. Ben is an elite quarterback, hands down. Three Super Bowls overall with a 2-1 record in the Super Bowl. He's not an elite pocket passer, but he is elite at what he does best and that's being able to make something out of nothing. His ability to extend plays literally helped get us two more Super Bowl rings. Let's face it, prior to Ben we weren't winning any Super Bowls. Tommy Maddox didn't get us to the promised land, neither did Kordell Stewart. Ben comes in as a rookie and goes 15-1 losing in the playoffs to Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat during the spygate era. My opinion is that Ben's elite at the way he plays the game, just as much as Brady, and Manning are elite at standing in the pocket and displaying ridiculous accuracy.

So that's just my .02 cents. I think even the most elite quarterbacks are only as good as their surrounding cast and that includes the Offensive Coordinator. Haley needs to get the offense more vertical. We have receivers that can run so let them run. Let Ben be Ben, he's going to get hit anyway but he's also one of the toughest guys in the NFL when it comes to playing with injuries. Right now I feel like Todd Haley is literally neutering our offense with this boring dink and dunk philosophy that's supposed to protect our QB. This offense might work with a different Quarterback, a guy like Brady or Manning (playing behind elite offensive lines) who are noteworthy for their abilities to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately. Nobody was complaining when Ben was running around and extending plays and winning Super Bowls over the past decade but now all of a sudden he's not elite and our offense is his fault because he's being forced to do exactly the opposite of what he's been good at for over a decade?

Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 09-18-2013 at 05:29 AM.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (09-18-2013)