Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,003 Times in 2,117 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Immaculate Reception Game

For all of you who would like to be a part of this man's project, i'd suggest sending him a private message, just so he see's it.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
bleacher
Water Boy

Member Number: 23053

Thanks everyone! This is great stuff so far! I love the dedication of the Steelers nation... I'm excited to go to Pittsburgh and film all of this. What would you say is the best Steelers bar in the city, paraphernalia wise?
bleacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #13
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleacher View Post
Thanks everyone! This is great stuff so far! I love the dedication of the Steelers nation... I'm excited to go to Pittsburgh and film all of this. What would you say is the best Steelers bar in the city, paraphernalia wise?
Good luck with your story. Sounds like a fun assignment. Can't recommend any bars. But I'd try to go to Primanti Bros while you're there. A true Pittsburgh institution it is and I am sure find interesting people to talk there as well. Great city if you've never been.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
bleacher
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Sitting in the upper deck in the end zone away from the river with my Dad on my birthday - Franco came running toward us
Hey Atlanta Dan, Shall I assume you are in Atlanta? I'm trying to get people who are still in Pittsburgh, as it'll be easier to shoot all in one place....let me know!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
bleacher
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
My father would be the PERFECT candidate. He tells his story flawlessly. Heard him tell it around 500 times and it never gets old. The Immaculate Reception was his first game and he was 16 years old. The story is priceless. My favorite of ALL TIME. He went with my Grandfather, my Grandmother and his 2 brothers, all teens. Their seats were in peanut heaven, but him and his brothers took off and started heading down to the lower sections during the final minutes.

All 3 of them were apart of rushing the field when Franco scored and stood next to Joe Greene on the kickoff because they ordered everyone off the field because there was still time on the clock and they had to kickoff. He said a beer man was jumping up and down when Franco was running it in and he was literally scooping the quarters off of the ground because change was falling out of his pouches.

He said he had to of accumulated atleast $15.00 in quarters. He said it was just pandemonium. Loudest he's ever seen. Good stuff. My uncle still has his ticket stub.
Stainless Still -- I'd LOVE to talk with your Dad! PM me when you can!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #16
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,003 Times in 2,117 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quick Question:

The documentary has been published, but has any of our members been featured in it?

[YOUTUBE]S5txDrWnIZ4[/YOUTUBE]

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #17
bleacher
Water Boy

I didn't end up using any members (as far as I know!), but got some great advice and was pointed in the right direction.... I ended up using Franco Harris (of course!), Bob Dvorchak from the Post Gazette, Guy Junker the Pittsburgh sports anchor, and a few other fans who were there (who were related to fellow PSU alum friends)

Hope you liked it! It was seriously SO much fun to make, I had such a great time in Pittsburgh, we shot at Mario's Southside, Clark Bar, Jerome Bettis's place and Heinz Field. It's my new favorite US city to visit :)
Old 04-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

it was awesome!

i saw it thismorning when charlie batch linked it on twitter.

oddly enough, yesterday the bleacher report linked an article on twitter called the 200 most influential things in sports, and i ripped it for not having the "immaculate reception".

as your piece pointed out so well, not only did the immaculate reception change the greatest franchse around, but it was voted as the most important,best,influential play in the nfl.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #19
bleacher
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
it was awesome!

i saw it thismorning when charlie batch linked it on twitter.

oddly enough, yesterday the bleacher report linked an article on twitter called the 200 most influential things in sports, and i ripped it for not having the "immaculate reception".

as your piece pointed out so well, not only did the immaculate reception change the greatest franchse around, but it was voted as the most important,best,influential play in the nfl.
that's so funny that they wrote that article right after I posted my vid! I'll have to have a talk with that writer!! haha.... thanks for pointing it out to him at least!!

Glad you liked the piece and it was so nice of Charlie Batch to link to it...he's been in the office a few times and is always such a GREAT guy! We love working with him and I'm so happy to hear he'll be on the team for another year!! Here's to draft day this week....I'm patiently WAITING!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #20
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

nice production...really good watch. thanks