Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
bay_area_STEELER_11
Water Boy

Member Number: 23311
Default STEELERS MOCK DRAFT 2012 !!!

ROUND 1:Dont'a Hightower*, ILB, Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.85.
Projected Round (2011): 1.
12/26/11: Hightower has had a good season for Alabama. He has been a tough, in-the-box defender and has increased his splash plays. Hightower has shown the ability to be a dangerous blitzer as well. He looks much faster than he did in 2010 when he was in his first season back from knee surgery. Hightower has 81 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, one interception and three passes batted away this season. He had a dominant game against Tennessee and played well versus LSU. Against Georgia Southern, Hightower blocked a field goal and it looked like he was spiking a volleyball. Hightower is a real presence in the tackle box.

8/25/11: Dont'a Hightower is a physical, in-the-box defender. He takes on and beats offensive linemen regularly without difficulty. The intelligent Hightower is the signal caller for the Crimson Tide defense, a complex collegiate scheme. A season-ending knee injury cost Hightower the majority of the 2009 season. He came back last year to record 69 tackles with 3.5 tackles for a loss. Hightower should be more productive in 2011 as he gets further away from the injury. He has looked slow at times, especially early in the year, and did not look as fluid as he did before the injury. Hightower looks like he would have to be a 3-4 inside linebacker in the NFL. He does not have the range to be a 4-3 middle linebacker that can get to runs on the perimeter.

ROUND 2:Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
Height: 6-4. Weight: 315.
Projected 40 Time: 5.21.
Arm: 32 1/2. Hand: 10 1/8.
Projected Round (2012): 2.
1/16/12: Zeitler did a fabulous job paving the way for running back Montee Ball this year. Zeitler is strong at the point of attack and has no issues blasting open running lanes. He has more mobility and athletic ability than one might think. Zeitler does a good job of hitting blocks on the second level and in the open field on screen passes. He also did an excellent job in pass protection for quarterback Russell Wilson.

Zeitler really helped his stock with a strong season. He played very well against Penn State's Devon Still, and had an evenly-matched battle with Michigan State's Jerel Worthy in the Big Ten Championship Game. Zeitler and center Peter Konz were the two lead linemen that the Badgers ran behind as they averaged 235.7 yards per game on the ground.

8/20/11: Kevin Zeitler was an All-Big Ten honorable mention last year. For the past two years, he has been the Badgers' starting right guard. If you aren't a road grader as a run blocker, then you aren't going to play for Wisconsin. Zeitler figures to be ready to provide another excellent year of tape in his run-blocking prowess. Montee Ball and James White could easily combine for 2,500 to 3,000 yards rushing this year. Zeitler is a weight-room standout at Wisconsin, so he already has developed an NFL body. Zeitler works well with starting center Peter Konz and they should not have a drop off in 2011.

ROUND 3:Nick Jean-Baptiste, DT/NT, Baylor
Height: 6-1. Weight: 335.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Arm: 33. Hand: 9 3/4.
Projected Round (2012): 3-4.
2/6/12: Jean-Baptiste was dominant at the East-West Shrine. He showed major potential to be a nose tackle in a 4-3 or 3-4 defense. All week, Jean-Baptiste was like a bowling ball, rolling through offensive linemen to cause disruption in the backfield. Every linemen that went against him had problems with his bull rush. Jean-Baptiste has natural pad level and consistently gets underneath the pads of offensive linemen to push them straight back. As a senior, he totaled 36 tackles with 8.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks and three passes broken up.

ROUND 4: Mychal Kendricks, OLB, California
Height: 6-0. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2012): 4-5.
12/26/11: Kendricks has 96 tackles with 13 tackles for a loss, three sacks, two passes broken up and two interceptions. He has increased his tackle total dramatically from 2010, but his sack production was nowhere near the same level.

8/23/11: Mychal Kendricks broke out last season as a rush linebacker for California. He recorded 8.5 sacks with 15 tackles for a loss and 66 tackles. Kendricks could use some more size to play outside linebacker in a NFL 3-4 defense, but has quality blitzing kills and if he has another quality season, should solidify his mid-round status.

(He's my sleeper. i hope we draft him between rounds 3 or 4. Senior year he was moved to middle backer in Cal's 3-4 defense and got Pac-12 Defensive player of the year. His junior year he played outside linebacker in Cal's 3-4 and got 8.5 sacks with 15 tackles for loss.)

ROUND 5: Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn
Height: 6-5. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.
Projected Round (2012): 4-5.
2/6/12: For the 2011 season, Mosley was a second-team All-SEC selection. He started 12 games at right tackle and one game at left tackle. Mosley started 11 games in 2010. He is a tough run blocker who helped pave the way for running back Michael Dyer to have a huge season. Mosley is a raw prospect. He was a high school tight end before playing some defensive end in junior college. After signing with Auburn, Mosley was asked to gain weight to play offensive line. His run blocking is further ahead than his pass protection and he will need some grooming at the NFL level, but Mosley has some potential to work with.

ROUND 6:DaJohn Harris, DT, USC
Height: 6-3. Weight: 308.
Projected 40 Time: 5.06.
Arm: 32 5/8. Hand: 10.
Projected Round (2012): 5-6.
2/6/12: Harris had a strong week at the East-West Shrine. He was tough in practice and played well in the actual game. This year, Harris totaled 22 tackles with seven tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and six passes batted. As a junior in 2010, he had 35 tackles with 5.5 tackles for a loss and 3.5 sacks. It is curious that Harris didn't produce more as a redshirt senior, especially with a good edge rusher in Nick Perry forcing quarterbacks to step up in the pocket.

ROUND 7:Chase Ford, TE, Miami
Height: 6-6. Weight: 258.
Projected 40 Time: 4.69.
Projected Round (2012): 5-7.
1/24/11: Ford didn't have much college production, but he put his draft stock on the map with a good week of practice at the East-West Shrine. Ford showed some legitimate receiving ability. He used his big frame to haul in some tough catches down the middle of the field. Ford made leaping and diving receptions on passes that were off the mark in traffic. He is a good athlete with some some speed.

Scouts said that Ford's drive blocking is a weakness, and that he doesn't have the strength that most teams need from their tight ends to serve as a blocker against front seven defenders. Some teams which are looking for a backup receiving option will be interested in Ford even though he only totaled 16 receptions for 184 yards and two touchdowns over the past two seasons. His strong week of practice has Ford going from the undrafted ranks into a late-round pick that will be viewed as a developmental prospect.

(Reminds me of Graham from the Saint's. I got a feeling he might be gone.)

Steelers BIGGEST needs: G,IL,NT

Steelers Positions that needs depth:OT,DE,SS/FS,OLB,RB,TE

Overall if we protect Big Ben on offense, run the ball consistently, and Rush the QB on defense then I think we would have easily been in the super bowl again and I don't think the Ravens would have never swept us this year. We had the number 1 pass defense this year too so thats why I didn't target a DB in my draft. Next year we should go after Georgia's SS Baccari Rambo. This kid is really good. I would like to see the STEELERS draft at least one of these guys on my wish list. lol This should be our formula for the 2012-2013 season: protect the ball+ takeaways = SUPER BOWL.
bay_area_STEELER_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,615 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: STEELERS MOCK DRAFT 2012 !!!

Great all-around mock with excellent in-depth research. I'm impressed, 10/10.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
bay_area_STEELER_11
Water Boy

Member Number: 23311

Thanks bro. my favorite player is the Cal kid. big time sleeper! checkout his highlights! BEAST!

[YOUTUBE]fA3_XaOOIiA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by Bayz101; 02-10-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Fixed.
bay_area_STEELER_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
mojonator73
Water Boy

Member Number: 23326

yeah i love the cal pick too...im a little suspect on the Bama ILB in round 1

fantastic Mock though

two thumbs up
mojonator73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,033 Times in 2,579 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojonator73 View Post
yeah i love the cal pick too...im a little suspect on the Bama ILB in round 1

fantastic Mock though

two thumbs up
im thinking cordy glenn will most likely be picked in rd 1. new OC and rooney's goals for the having ben play much longer = strong chance they try to build the o-line as priority 1

but with farrior likely gone next year, ILB is a major need and it wouldn't surprise me if we spent our 1st pick on a top middle backer
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,615 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_area_STEELER_11 View Post
Thanks bro. my favorite player is the Cal kid. big time sleeper! checkout his highlights! BEAST!

[YOUTUBE]fA3_XaOOIiA[/YOUTUBE]
He's a BEAST

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

Kendricks looks like a great athlete. Good tackler and he looked like he was pretty good on coverage. Could be a steal for us
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,033 Times in 2,579 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

wonder if we use one of our 7th round picks on a kicker. wiggs maybe?
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
wonder if we use one of our 7th round picks on a kicker. wiggs maybe?

One way or another we owe Sweet Spot Suisham at least 1 mil next year. Won't be surprised if we keep him, given our dire need of those draft picks and cap space. Plus, if we can get our offense fixed properly, kicker won't be too relevant next season.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776

I love it! First Steelers mock Ive seen that doesn't havent a RB or QB in it! You are a smart dude!
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote