Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464
Default TROY P.....................

I tell you what man we all need to really take notice... For real dont waste any more time and make sure you pay close attention to this guy for the next few years. I was just watching some You TUBE and he really blows your mind... At his age now and the way he plays he could face more injuries which will slow him down but even being in the league for 8 years now when healthy he is still unreal...

He is the best player I ever saw put the helmet on.. Plain and simple we are watching a living legend.. HOF play the game at the highest level.. Make sure you take it all in guys every minute.. Its kind of like watching your kids grow up... they say to soak in every moment when they are little... well I do that as much as I can.. I say Treat this guy the same cause before you know it he will be gone..

Not bad for a guy that was never gonna make it in this league due to the fact his head was to big LOL... good lord that was one of the dumbest things to ever be said and turned out to be one of the worst predictions of all time... Sorry guys its an inside joke from another board I use to post on... a guy there said after Troy was drafted and midway through his rookie year... that Troy would never make it in the NFL he was a bust.. cause his head was to big for his body and he couldnt keep his balance...lol it was funny as hell......

Oh yeah lets not mention the fact he may be the best Steeler off the field we ever saw as well... Un real we are so blessed to have the guy play for us... Just another Steeler on a long list of greatness... Rooneys strike again
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: TROY P.....................

I've been appreciating Troy since day one. I love the man/player and am grateful he's on our side. I never take Troy being on the field for granted.

09' and 10' me and my girl traveled to Pittsburgh for steelers games. 09' the man was injured almost the whole season. BUMMER can't see Troy play in person.

10' we get to Pittsburgh for the Jets game, I'm PUMPED to see Troy F@cking Polamalu play.....The day of the game, I Turn on the hotelroom TV, and I hear Troy is in active. (I think it was his achillies after the Cinci pick 6 the week before)
Anyways...... My girl and i got a little bummed, but it imediately gave me more drive to come back in 2011. Unfortunately a change in jobs prohibited a return but, I WILL see this man play in person before he retires.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
QCbeauBlak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18662

I went to a home and an away game this year. First time I've seen the Steelers in person since Kordell and 3 rivers. You think Troy covers ground on TV? In person he runs like a mad man. He constantly reads the plays. I've never seen a guy so dialed in. Also, I thought he looked a lot shorter and bigger.. Seeing this current Legendary unit will go down as a highlight of my life!
QCbeauBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Live, the guy doesn't run; he teleports. He is on one side of the field in coverage, the ball goes in the air, there's a poof of hair, then another poof of hair where the ball is coming down, and then Troy is where the hair was. Seriously, he is unreal fast.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCbeauBlak View Post
I went to a home and an away game this year. First time I've seen the Steelers in person since Kordell and 3 rivers. You think Troy covers ground on TV? In person he runs like a mad man. He constantly reads the plays. I've never seen a guy so dialed in. Also, I thought he looked a lot shorter and bigger.. Seeing this current Legendary unit will go down as a highlight of my life!

I go up once a year... sometimes twice and went to the last two AFC championship games... had 50 yard line uppers but still 50 yard liners row F for the int against Flaco in AFC championship game he returned for TD... it was the single most fired up play I ever saw in my life... The emotion that came out of me and the fans during that play and as he scored was more then I ever saw in histroy... I really feel blessed to have seen that play and have the view I had for it... it was unreal

This past year we went to the seahawk game... had tickets 5 yard line 3 rows off field... Watched Troy dive over the pile on D and got a photo of it... looked like I was standing beside the guy... nothing like being in Pittsburgh... me and my wife and some friends go and spend the whole weekend take loads of Pics... eat at Bettis from time to time and crusie the Rivers for the captains dinner sat nights 6 to 9... If any of you go back you should do that... its a really nice dinner dance crusie of the rivers

anyway I wish the guy could play forever... I really hope he stays healthy and can play 5 more years at this level
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote