Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Pre Combine Mock draft (w/options)

The theme of this year's draft should be "The Year of the Big Boys" Big O lineman, a Big Nose Tackle, to go with a Big Tall Receiver, and a big traditional Fullback.

1st round
Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia
Height: 6-6. Weight: 346.

-exactly the pulling athletic guard the team needs. Will he be here though?

2nd round
Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
Height: 6-4. Weight: 315.

or

Kelechi Osemele, OT/G, Iowa State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 333. -can play Right Tackle as well.

3rd round
Nick Jean-Baptiste, DT/NT, Baylor
Height: 6-1. Weight: 335.

4th round
Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
Height: 6-3. Weight: 216.

or

Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 222.

-A complete offense needs a tall physical receiver and it makes the red zone a lot easier. Haley has had tall guys everywhere he has been.

5th round
Mychal Kendricks, OLB, California
Height: 6-0. Weight: 240.

-I see him being a beast at inside linebacker, not where a lot of you see him as an OLB. Besides we have Chris Carter and Worilds both DE in college on the outside now.

if you wanted more traditional inside guys or Kendricks is gone you could go with:

Korey Williams, ILB, Southern Miss
Height: 6-2. Weight: 243.

or

Adrien Cole, ILB, Louisiana Tech
Height: 5-11. Weight: 250.

-both highly productive playmakers, sure tacklers and Williams coming off ACL injury will slide him in the draft.

6th round

Josh Oglesby, OT, Wisconsin
Height: 6-7. Weight: 331.

Terrible depth right now behind the starters and Colon is coming off an injury. Could be a great starter someday at RT. Injuries have forced him down the draft board.

7th round
Chad Diehl, FB, Clemson
Height: 6-2. Weight: 257.

or

Bradie Ewing, FB, Wisconsin
Height: 6-0. Weight: 241.

-a true fullback type who can help in the passing game.

7th round Compensatory picks -
Anthony Miller, TE, California Height: 6-4. Weight: 260. ,
Patrick Butrym, DE/DT, Wisconsin Height: 6-4. Weight: 285. (Steelers could end up with 4 Wisconsin players.)
and get a Kicker in here as well.

Drafting like this would have both our lines strong, stable and young for years to come. I know I'm neglecting ILB until the 5th but with Foote or Farrior probably staying one more year and with several young guys in camp including Sylvester or even a move by Chris Carter I think it's a pick that could be made later. Plus Mychal Kendricks could be starting by 2013 if not sooner.

The Steelers didn't hesitate to take 2 linebackers back to back in 07 when they needed to improve that area and I think they could do it again and improve that O-line in a hurry. A NT will be there for them in the 3rd. You can get a quality ILB in the mid rounds.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,052 Times in 2,588 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Pre Combine Mock draft (w/options)

kendricks looks like a beast, I'm wondering why he's not projected to go early? too small to play OLB in the NFL level?
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Kendrick's size screams to me 3-4 inside linebacker. I think there is only 2 6ft and under 3-4 outside linebackers in the league, Elvis Dumervil is over 260lbs, and James Harrison is the exact size of Kendricks 240llbs, but Harrison is a freak when it comes to his incredible strength.

Steelers currfent OLBs Woodley 6' 2'', and Worilds 6' 2" are 260lbs, and Chris Carter 6' 1" is 248lbs. and all three played DE in college. I could be way off on Kendricks playing OLB because some mocks mention him to the Ravens or Patriots as a pass rusher, so we will see.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,052 Times in 2,588 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
Kendrick's size screams to me 3-4 inside linebacker. I think there is only 2 6ft and under 3-4 outside linebackers in the league, Elvis Dumervil is over 260lbs, and James Harrison is the exact size of Kendricks 240llbs, but Harrison is a freak when it comes to his incredible strength.

Steelers currfent OLBs Woodley 6' 2'', and Worilds 6' 2" are 260lbs, and Chris Carter 6' 1" is 248lbs. and all three played DE in college. I could be way off on Kendricks playing OLB because some mocks mention him to the Ravens or Patriots as a pass rusher, so we will see.
his size shouldnt be a problem for a 4-3 OLB. I'm just wondering why he's projected at rd. 4-5, a lot of these draft sites are saying this kid has a lot of positives without much negatives. by the way people talk about him i'd expect him to be a first or second rounder, but they all say 4-5. I'm wondering why if he's really got this much ability. or are the top ILB's expected to go in rd. 1-3 just that good?
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776

Good first rd pick cause I am really starting to think it may happen, I also like the second rd pick because our OL will be set for awhile with two great versatile and strong OG. Decent 3rd Rd pick, but not too sure if he will fit in our system or even if he will be strong enough to play for us. He got beat off the ball a shit ton last season and I would rather have a stronger and more promising prospect. Even with all this Hines Ward drama, I think they will end up restructuring his contract in a great way that both sides will be happy and also have enough money to resign Cotch, so mocking a WR isn't necessarily a bad thing, but mocking a WR in the 4th for us is. I think they would wait until the 6 or 7th when their compensation picks come in and then draft a WR. Out of the LB that you mocked in the 5th, I would definitely love to have Kendricks, he is an beast and is always around the ball and in our system he could thrive and become the next great Steeler LB. If they draft 2 OG than I think they would be finished trying to make the OL better. We would have a good mix of youth and veterans on the team too not draft anymore OL. I guess with Mendenhall going down mocking a RB wouldn't be a bad idea, but maybe they would wait until after the draft and sign an undrafted rookie FB instead of wasting a pick on one.
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote