Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,255 Posts
Default Name the Steelers Wideouts in 2012-2013 season

1) A. Brown best wide out we have
2) M. Wallace i think we get something worked out with him, seems like a lot of people here think he is a goner... but with so many other questions at wr i think we need to lock em up
3) E. Sanders can he stay healthy?

4) J. Cotchery he wants to be a steelers, and steelers want him 4 year deal? good vet leader also
5) H. Ward he wants to be here, needs to take a major pay cut down to vet minimum, still has value though, blocker leader, can still catch the ball- last year though...

6) a drafted wr 5th round gem

that first 3 some of recievers could be very dangerous with heath milller and big ben running the show with haley calling plays.

seems like we have alot of question marks at wide out,

only sure thing is brown and heath miller at te..
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,444 Times in 1,635 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Name the Steelers Wideouts in 2012-2013 season

1. Brown - I knew he had the skill - but the way he upped his game this season, he to me is well on his way to passing up Wallace as #1 threat
2. Wallace - Wallace has some competition with Brown for being the go-to guy, and he is the type of player that needs to stay on his toes. He absolutely needs to improve his route running (and I'm partially convinced that he wasn't coached up enough this past season) and blocking
3. Sanders - yes, he needs to stay healthy. We can't have the same situation we've had since Super Bowl XLV. We need at least 3 healthy WRs consistently so we can get chemistry and a rhythm going on offense. Having to constantly bring up a combo of the rest of the receivers to fill the void will not produce a higher scoring offense.
4. Cotchery - To me, has a chance to move up to #3 receiver if Sanders proves he can't stay on the field down the stretch as the games become bigger
5. Ward or draft pick - I love Ward, he needs to stay for leadership qualities alone. Plus - I'm the type of person that isn't 100% willing to move on to a new pup after the old one fades. See Bettis and more recently, see A. Smith. I think it would be a hard argument to make that Ward's roster spot is any more of a waste than what took place with Smith. All emotions aside - Ward will figure out soon enough that he won't see the field with a competitive team, and he will never be better than a #3 WR on a mediocre - bad team. His lack of speed and separation alone could land him on the bench anywhere. Better to go with the "evil" you know.
6. draft pick - obviously the Steelers have shown they have gone to the lower rungs for ST contributions. Who knows - could find another diamond in the later rounds as you said

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

People don't think the Steelers are going to take a Wide Receiver in this year's draft, but they have been wanting a tall guy for years and with the uncertainty of Wallace and Sanders health I think they will take one by the 4th round. And with other spots on the roster having to go toward either a extra tight end, fullback or running back, the team probably only keeps 5 wide receivers.

Wallace
Brown
Sanders
Cotchery
Draft pick - like Marvin McNutt or Brian Quick

i'd rather have Cotchery then Ward. The team was throwing Ward 2 yard passes to get his 1.000 catch. He can not play the game anymore.He averaged 8.3 yards a catch last year. Ward may be kept but he may not make it out of training camp.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,478 Times in 772 Posts
My Mood: Breezy

1) Brown - our best overall receiver
2) Wallace - his speed kills but he needs to battle more for thrown balls, when he's contested he tends to give up a bit and I got tired of his "waving for a flag routine"
3) Sanders - if healthy, as good a #3 as you can find
4) Cotchery - not afraid to go over the middle, good hands and a real pro
5) Hines - in a very limited/specific role (run blocking and red zone and influencing the others can still contribute IMO)
6 draft a big target - we need one, all of our receivers are on the small side
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332

1. 1. A Brown
  2. 2. E. Sanders
  3. 3. H. Ward
  4. 4. Free Agent
  5. 5. Late round draft pick
Wallace is gone if you can't see the writing on the wall then heck. I hope not but I can't see him back. He is going to get a big offer from another team and we won't be able to match it.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16584

1. M Wallace....In the offense we will run we need a burner for the deep threat. NONE better than this guy !
2. A Brown.....Will be a huge part of the offense this year. Could be MVP for second year in a row.
3. J Cotchery ..... His physical skills will be utilized in the slot for runs and 3rd downs.
4. E Sanders......... Dont think he will be healthy to much ( hasnt been so far)
5. H Ward......Hes going to be here for moral support and great PR
6. DRAFT PICK........4th round....University of Wisconsin - Nick Toon ! Strong, fast, great hands and can block his ass off !
Old 02-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464

1. Wallace... wait til you see this guy with a real o coord boys... you think he is just a deep threat lol.. turn the TV on this year and enjoy... he will be a steeler
1.a Brown... I dont think there is any difference in these two guys we have two number ones and should pay for both of them... we may never be able to pay for a number one RB but oh well
2. Sanders... yes he needs to stay healty but he may be the most crafty guy we got
3. Jeroico Cr.... we need to bring this guy bck
4 Ward bring him back bet min
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
ebsteelers
Living Legend

if wallace signs else where?

we get a first and 3rd round pick?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
if wallace signs else where?

we get a first and 3rd round pick?
No that's the old rules. The new rules are we only get a first. I really belive someone like the bears at 19 or even new england at 31 are going to be willing to give it up for wallace. It is hard to find guys who have speed and good hands and he has shown both.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
ebsteelers
Living Legend

please not new england...

the bears i could live with ...

then we get a dt and o line men in the draft? this will be an interesting month.. would love to see him back just with money and speed its hard for him to take less.

if he was a possession guy it would be one thing.. but as he gets older the speed will slow