Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-31-2007, 05:40 PM   #41
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901
Default Re: BARBARO update!

boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:18 PM   #42
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,847 Times in 2,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
just an update:

barbaro is still dead.

the bengals still suck...

...and none of their players were arrested today.

r.i.p. barbaro. may you finish 6 1/2 lengths ahead of all the others in your race through the pearly gates.
Any Bungals get arrested today for sniffing glue?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #43
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,654 Times in 4,010 Posts

i thought it was real classy for the colts to dedicate their win to the memory of barbaro.

in what has to be the news story of the year, its almost 24 hours after the start of the superbowl, and there has been no report of any bengals arrested in southbeach...yet.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #44
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Wow, I haven't been back to this thread for quite some time, but I am going to report page five to PETA. Expect Pamela Anderson and her two friends at your front door with a complaint by tomorrow morning.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #45
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Wow, I haven't been back to this thread for quite some time, but I am going to report page five to PETA. Expect Pamela Anderson and her two friends at your front door with a complaint by tomorrow morning.
I want Pamela Anderson at my door where do I sign up to offend PETA?

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #46
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
I want Pamela Anderson at my door where do I sign up to offend PETA?
I could make a list but I will bite my tongue.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #47
tony hipchest

barbaro is still dead.

and no bungles were arrested today.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #48
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Breaking News : Conspiracy Theorists Insist Barbaro Still Alive

Quote:
WEST GROVE, PA—Rumors and speculation that beloved racehorse Barbaro faked his own death last January in order to start a new life out of the public eye are beginning to surface among equine conspiracy theorists, who refuse to believe the horse would allow himself to be euthanized due to a broken right hind leg and laminitis of the left hoof.
Enlarge Image Conspiracy Theorists

Amateur video captures a brown horse, which some say resembles Barbaro, grazing in a field outside Missoula, MT.

"Barbaro lives," said Raleigh, NC resident and longtime fan Keith Greer, gesturing to the wall of his apartment he has papered with grainy black-and-white images of a horse he identifies as a healthy, fully recovered Barbaro. "These photographs were taken in Maryland on Feb. 11, 2007—precisely two weeks after Barbaro's supposed 'death.' Countless eyewitnesses in the area reported seeing a mysterious horse of Barbaro's size, coloration, and stature galloping freely about the corral with what each one described as a 'joyful gait, save for a suspicious limp in the right hind leg.'"

"This all adds up to one thing: Barbaro is still alive," Greer added. "That was a wax horse in that coffin."

Although most conspiracy theorists agree that Barbaro faked his death, his motives in doing so remain disputed. Some say he fled from increased media attention, while many claim Barbaro feared that he would never be able to live up to his own larger-than-life legend upon his recovery. Still other theories suggest that Barbaro ran off with an unidentified mare to start a family; that he is now roaming the countryside in disguise, mentoring and training troubled colts; and that he was attempting to dodge multiple death threats he received from a deranged Brother Derek fan.

"We do know several things," Greer said, poring over heavily notated New Bolton Veterinary Clinic medical documents. "We know that Barbaro went into the recovery pool Jan. 28 at 5:40 p.m. We know he ate corn and oats at 8:10 p.m. And we are told he was 'euthanized' at 10:30 a.m. the next morning. But! What happened during those 15 hours for which we have no records?"

Ever since the hoax rumors began circulating, hundreds of "Barbaro sightings" have come pouring in from around the nation, as grieving fans report seeing the horse everywhere from a secluded farm in Montana to the Iron Horse Stables in Arkansas to grazing in the backyard of 92-year-old racing enthusiast Ethel Vernon's Knoxville, TN home. Still others in Kentucky say they are woken from sleep on moonless nights by Barbaro's distinctive hoofbeats as he canters the streets outside Churchill Downs, reliving his former glory.

"I was driving near Saratoga Springs the other day, alone, when out of my passenger window I saw Barbaro galloping across an open field," said Davis Hammersly, who was in the crowd at the 2006 Preakness when Barbaro suffered his career-ending injury. "At first I thought I was seeing things, but I'm sure it was him. Same long face, same brown coat, same mane, tail and everything."

"You don't forget a horse like Barbaro," Hammersly added.

"I was at a little eighth-mile track outside of Bakersfield when a big brown 3-year-old won by nine lengths despite a hitch in his gait," said career horseplayer David Carnell. "Won big, too. I thought I'd found the next Barbaro. But the more I think about it, there's no way it was anyone else but Barbaro himself."

"I saw Barbaro in the parking lot at the mall," said 11-year-old New Hampshire resident Kimberly Drexel. "He was hiding behind a big car. I went to tell my mom, but then he was gone."

Many believers have begun searching for "clues" left behind by the former Kentucky Derby winner, with many agreeing that Barbaro's alleged method of death—euthanasia—provides the most striking evidence that his death was a hoax.

"How are we being led to believe that Barbaro—who fought so valiantly through all those injuries for eight months—suddenly just 'gave up' and allowed himself to be euthanized?" said Harry Matheson, author of The Barbaro Conundrum. "Barbaro would never die like that, and everybody knows it, and it's ludicrous to think that we would simply accept that he did."

On Tuesday, University of Pennsylvania criminologists, acting on a public petition, entered photos of Barbaro taken at the New Bolton Clinic only hours before his death into special face-aging software to determine what Barbaro would look like after two months. Results showed a remarkably similar-looking horse with a slightly longer mane.

Matheson has documented several other clues, including a leg cast found outside the home of Barbaro's trainer Michael Matz, his sire Dynaformer's continuing silence concerning the incident, and—perhaps most peculiar—the fact that just one day after his alleged death, a brown horse with a slight limp boarded a double-decker cattle trailer in Pennsylvania under the assumed name of "Serendipitous," an alias Barbaro reportedly used several times when checking into stables on the road.

"A surveillance camera at Lael Stables in West Grove, PA captured a brief image of a horse entering Barbaro's childhood stall at midnight on March 5, 2007," Matheson said as the two-second clip played on a continuous loop behind him. "The next day, there were fresh hoofprints in the mud, and the hay had been strewn about. He clearly came back for something. But what?"

Despite the legions of fans who now believe Barbaro is alive and well somewhere in the U.S., others within the horse-racing community are quick to dismiss the theory, claiming that Barbaro was in fact assassinated after the Kentucky Derby, that the horse who raced in his place at the Preakness was an imposter, and that Barbaro's injury was staged by the government as part of a massive cover-up to divert the nation's attention from crucial domestic issues and the war in Iraq
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:25 PM   #49
tony hipchest

I KNEW IT!!!!!

viva la barbaro!

(anyone notice that sweet young fille grazing with him? he didnt want to just be pimped out to any old ho........rse. barbaro is a smart horse with pride. he realized there was more to life than just racing and ejaculating into a gallon jug; he wanted love.)

oh and no bengals were arrested today. but tomorrow is st. pattys day so if you live in cincinatti stay off the streets.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #50
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
I KNEW IT!!!!!

viva la barbaro!

(anyone notice that sweet young fille grazing with him? he didnt want to just be pimped out to any old ho........rse. barbaro is a smart horse with pride. he realized there was more to life than just racing and ejaculating into a gallon jug; he wanted love.)

oh and no bengals were arrested today. but tomorrow is st. pattys day so if you live in cincinatti stay off the streets.
how can we be so sure that you knew this TH?

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote