Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default *Update* Brown has no trouble meeting Haley *Post Ben/Haley articles here*

NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard as a sometime host on ESPN 970-AM. Follow him on Twitter at dlolleyor.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Brown has no trouble meeting Haley

Antonio Brown today Tweeted - he's a Tweeting fool - a photo of he and new offensive coordinator Todd Haley in the Steelers locker room.

Brown just got back into Pittsburgh yesterday after his whirlwind tour of the country and met up with Haley in less than a day.

He did this by, you know, going down to the Steelers offices and seeking him out.

Yet somehow, Ben Roethlisberger hasn't been able to find Haley. Go figure?

Sounds like a little more drama from the king of drama.

I have a lot of respect for Roethlisberger the player. But I could do without all of the other stuff. (Me too, I'm sick of little Benjie's punk attention getting act. Either he grows up or we trade him as far I'm concerned. If he screws up just one more time then I hope we get him out of town on the next plane. - mesa)

Then again, is it Roethlisberger making a big deal out of not talking to Haley yet or certain segments of the media?

So many of the issues with Roethlisberger are media driven as guys try to back their own agendas.

I'll be on ESPN 970-AM from noon to 1 p.m. Sunday at the Pittsburgh Auto show talking Steelers football.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Brown has no trouble meeting Haley

So why is a big deal that Ben has to meet Haley right away? Soon the big news on Ben will be when he shits n wipes his ass...

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,128 Times in 1,816 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Alright...

If there's one guy that's getting tired of this drama, it's me. But Ben needs to go shake his damn hand, give him a smile, and get it over with. I don't think he should have to go meet him as soon as he's in town as some people suggested, but it's about time something happens.

What, you going to wait until August?

Just meet with him Ben, this drama is getting old, and although it may be the media fueling it, it would end everything if you just met with him and put on your smile.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,420 Times in 3,547 Posts

mike tomlin is the boss and he has every right to call a business meeting. i suggest he bounce his balls of the walls right now.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #5
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,115 Posts

Think its being hyped as whoever contacts who first is the one who blinks.

I think Haley will reach out after he has all his plans in place of how he is gonna structure the offense. If Ben doesnt do it first. Brown is doing the smart and classy thing for a guy that is wanting to solidify his spot as the #2 WR.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #6
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
So why is a big deal that Ben has to meet Haley right away? Soon the big news on Ben will be when he shits n wipes his ass...
Because he's the leading player on offense, he's got more to learn and figure out than the other players.....Time to grow up Ben. Tomlins got a new daddy for ya, and wether you like it or not, you must do as he says. Get over it princess and go do your chores.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Because he's the leading player on offense, he's got more to learn and figure out than the other players.....Time to grow up Ben. Tomlins got a new daddy for ya, and wether you like it or not, you must do as he says. Get over it princess and go do your chores.

What are you, the back seat driver? Come on man. I honestly don't see anything that really hint's at him needing to grow up. He hasn't met with Haley. Sure, it'd be nice if he did and just got it over with, but that doesn't mean he should? Right now he's dialed in on getting himself in better shape, and he's already started workouts. Well before most other players, I might add.

When it comes time to start learning the new system, he'll meet up with Haley. Maybe he'll meet him sooner? That's what i'd like to happen, just to end this Media garbage. But to be honest, the media will always find a way to blow something out of proportion, and the fan's will be right here ready to take the bait and bring it to a whole new level. Especially fan's who already dislike a player and always have something negative to say, no matter the situation.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #8
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Ben may be a team-captain, and even the emotional leader of this team, but when it comes down to it, he throw's the ball. The only thing he needs to focus on is improving himself at his position. That's what the QB coach is for. Sure, he needs to meet Haley, but not more than anybody else on the offense does.

Trust me man, i'd like to see Ben and Haley meet up and get on the same page early, but he doesn't really need to. He just doesn't. Concentrate on getting healthier, that's what's important. They'll meet up before long, as they'll have to get on the same page with the new offensive set. It's obvious. The media just blow's it up.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Ben may be a team-captain, and even the emotional leader of this team, but when it comes down to it, he throw's the ball. The only thing he needs to focus on is improving himself at his position. That's what the QB coach is for. Sure, he needs to meet Haley, but not more than anybody else on the offense does.

Trust me man, i'd like to see Ben and Haley meet up and get on the same page early, but he doesn't really need to. He just doesn't. Concentrate on getting healthier, that's what's important. They'll meet up before long, as they'll have to get on the same page with the new offensive set. It's obvious. The media just blow's it up.
If Ben is supposed to be a team captain and leader on this team, then he should lead and go meet Haley and get it over with. Even if it is the media blowing it out of proportion, it's obviously becoming an issue and if he wanted this to go away and smooth over he'd just meet with him already. The fact that he still hasn't after all of this drama has begun to surface tells me he IS being a bit of a drama king.

It's not just the media talking about it either. Steelers fans are also forming opinions on it good, bad, and indifferent and I'd think a team leader, if he cared, would try to put the whole thing to rest to nip it in the bud. The message boards (this one included) are getting lit up by this controversy. Why not just end it if it's a non-story?

I don't want to hear that Ben's too busy right now. That's a crock and a cop-out. Sack up and do what's right for the team chemistry and meet the guy already. It's the right and smart thing to do as a franchise player/leader to get on the same page and let the fans know you give a crap. Stop sulking Ben! Bruce is gone and he isn't coming back.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.

Last edited by Buddha Bus; 02-18-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #10
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
If Ben is supposed to be a team captain and leader on this team, the he should lead and go meet Haley and get it over with. Even if it is the media blowing it out of proportion, it's obviously becoming an issue and if he wanted this to go away and smooth over he'd just meet with him already. The fact that he still hasn't after all of this drama has begun to surface tells me he IS being a bit of a drama king.

It's not just the media talking about it either. Steelers fans are also forming opinions on it good, bad, and indifferent and I'd think a team leader, if he cared, would try to put the whole thing to rest to nip it in the bud. The message boards (this one included) are getting lit up by this controversy. Why not just end it if it's a non-story?

I don't want to hear that Ben's too busy right now. That's a crock and a cop-out. Sack up and do what's right for the team chemistry and meet the guy already. It's the right and smart thing to do as a franchise player/leader to get on the same page and let the fans know you give a crap. Stop sulking Ben! Bruce is gone and he isn't coming back.

Absolutely correct. Benjie the drama punk could end this right now and all he is doing is playing the media for attention.These are not the actions of a team captain.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote