Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838
Default Steelers front office fears they might lose Wallace

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, there is "real concern" in the Steelers' front office that they may lose restricted free agent Mike Wallace.
The Steelers are in a tough spot because they're so tight up against the salary cap. They'll place a first-round tender on Wallace, but a franchise tag isn't financially doable, and the tender would leave Pittsburgh vulnerable to teams willing to surrender a first-round pick. La Canfora mentioned the division-rival Ravens and Patriots as teams potentially interested in Wallace. Baltimore drafts at No. 29, and New England has two first-round picks.

God I hope this doesn't happen. I will kill everyone in the Steelers front office if it does. The guy is a star, hes a hell of a deep threat and can burn any defender with his speed. Especially if he goes to either of the above mentioned teams, I will be highly enraged. They need to cut whoever they can, hotdog vendors i do not care, they cannot lose Wallace.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Steelers front office fears they might lose Wallace

Think about what you're saying. Do you honestly think they should cut, say, Ben Roethlisberger just so they can keep Mike Wallace?

We won't even get into how the guy disappeared the last six games. His defenders will point out how Ben was hurt those games, but last I checked Ben was hurt for Antonio Brown as well. I really don't see how anyone can justify breaking the bank for him. He's very, very good, yes. But we're relatively deep at his position, and we have major issues on the O-line and at inside linebacker that take priority.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,193 Times in 1,844 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Isn't this the same dipshit that reported Hines as released two weeks ago?

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, there is "real concern" in the Steelers' front office that they may lose restricted free agent Mike Wallace.
The Steelers are in a tough spot because they're so tight up against the salary cap. They'll place a first-round tender on Wallace, but a franchise tag isn't financially doable, and the tender would leave Pittsburgh vulnerable to teams willing to surrender a first-round pick. La Canfora mentioned the division-rival Ravens and Patriots as teams potentially interested in Wallace. Baltimore drafts at No. 29, and New England has two first-round picks.

God I hope this doesn't happen. I will kill everyone in the Steelers front office if it does. The guy is a star, hes a hell of a deep threat and can burn any defender with his speed. Especially if he goes to either of the above mentioned teams, I will be highly enraged. They need to cut whoever they can, hotdog vendors i do not care, they cannot lose Wallace.
I say let him go. I think I'd rather have a second first round pick that we could use to fill O line D line or MLB position. Maybe we can trade a first round and a 3rd round to move up a lot and grab a stud. Or trade a first round to get more picks in later rounds.

We really can't afford him and it'll be less money to leave us with to sign Cotchery, Brown, Sanders, Redman etc. It is nice having Wallace but I think it would be too much of an investment to keep him on the team. I say we can improve multiple positions by "downgrading" one and I think that it would be the smart decision in the long run.

If we can improve our redzone offense I think it'll make up for the loss of Wallace.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:35 AM   #5
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,152 Times in 579 Posts

You people are like moths to the flame. Any yahoo can write that aliens are coming to Pittsburgh to ruin the team and you would believe it. Why don't you relax and quit panicking like a bunch of school girls waiting on their period for the first time.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
OX1947
Living Legend

And for the common sense geniuses out there, how the hell is Baltimore one of the teams interested when they are paying Boldin a crap load and have an up and coming stud in Torrey Smith and still need to sign Ray RIce? You are telling me the Ravens are going to pay #1 receiver money to Wallace, Boldin and Smith later on? Use your head.

Also, no one trades their first rounds for tendered restricted free agents. NO ONE. First rounders are platinum picks no one gives up.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
You people are like moths to the flame. Any yahoo can right that aliens are coming to Pittsburgh to ruin the team and you would believe it. Why don't you relax and quit panicking like a bunch of school girls waiting on their period for the first time.
It was merely a posted article, i'm not seeing any panic. This is a discussion board, we'll freely express our opinions and concerns. I won't say much more, because you may have meant to direct that comment elsewhere. Just keep in mind what this place is.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:41 AM   #8
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
It was merely a posted article, i'm not seeing any panic. This is a discussion board, we'll freely express our opinions and concerns. I won't say much more, because you may have meant to direct that comment elsewhere. Just keep in mind what this place is.
So.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:42 AM   #9
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
So.
Nice comeback. Grow up.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #10
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Nice comeback. Grow up.
What are you my dad 20 years ago? When someone says they are going to kill the front office because their team doesn't sign their free agent, figure of speech or not, deserves to get clowned.