Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Shaner021
Water Boy

Member Number: 23401
Default Interview: Wallace Could See Himself as a 49er or a Patriot in 2012

Steelers' wide receiver Mike Wallace did not shoot down the notion he could play in San Francisco or New England next season during an interview on Sirius XM NFL Radio.

http://sports-kings.com/downanddistance/?p=670

The interview is also linked in the article, about 2-3minutes long.

Shane
Shaner021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Interview: Wallace Could See Himself as a 49er or a Patriot in 2012

He thinks he's at the top of his game? Dont you have to contribute something in the last 7 or 8 games of the season to be at the top of your game? If he is already talking about "his money" and other teams and thinking that playing well half of a season entitles him to big money, then he is likely gone, even though Rooney said we were going to make it a priority to keep him. I dont care if he goes to the Niners but we ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT let him go to the Pats.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

These guys have careers that could be short lived and sometimes are due to injury. I will have no ill wills if he takes the best deal monetary wise, he has to look out for him self and family. If another team throws the money at him who would not take it. All a person has to do is look at the Pujols signing in baseball. I have said all along I would like him back but not at the expense of the team and signing players to help elsewhere. I am just glad our front office showed once again that they knew talent in the third round that should or could of been first round back when they drafted him.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

He's just being honest. It doesn't mean that he wouldn't agree a long term deal with the Steelers.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Just posturing, since the steelers probably haven't called him yet, lol

Well 49ers dont hurt us, as they were playing about as over their heads as they possible could be, now bring on a tougher schedule. Plus they have Smith as their QB for now. that could change as I dont think they think he is their franchise QB, plus he has no long ball. If you cant throw long, no point in having Wallace. It would be suicide to have Smith toss the ball to Wallace.

Pats I have been saying all along, look out for them as he fits perfectly with their pick. Wallace has got to like this situation, especially if Welker is onboard.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
He thinks he's at the top of his game? Dont you have to contribute something in the last 7 or 8 games of the season to be at the top of your game? If he is already talking about "his money" and other teams and thinking that playing well half of a season entitles him to big money, then he is likely gone, even though Rooney said we were going to make it a priority to keep him. I dont care if he goes to the Niners but we ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT let him go to the Pats.
Why not? They really don't use the long ball much anyway. I wouln't pay him $9M/yr. Let him go to the Pats. They're about ready to crumble into mediocrity again anyway. Bad defense and a mid 30's QB. When Brady goes, Wallace will be in the prime of his career and likely have a rookie QB throwing to him for most of his good years.
Let him walk if he want's more than $7M.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

So you wouldnt pay him 9million, than you say you wouldnt pay him 7million either? Let him go, you will draft a non WR in his place and still need to sign another WR probably in the 3mill-4mill range or he wont be worth anyhing to us. the player you draft will get a few million. end result sure we get another position of need player, but letting one go costs us 7million back. Plus we will draft another WR someplace in the draft, add another million and a roster spot on. Ill take Wallace.

So what do you think he is worth? Because 7million he will get from 32 teams. 9mill avg maybe be pushing it. But a 40-50million deal is coming his way from someone and that might be light.

They shouldve done something about this year 2, or going into year 3. Sure its against the people who walk on water in the FO. But see the freaking future and deal with the potential issues before they become an issue not keep creating more issues by paying people who should not be on the dam team.
We pissed away 9million on Smith for 2 years, 4.5million on Ward last year. that 13.5million could not have been spent better?

What screwed them is the Fing greed they all have with the NFLPS and the NFL. They assumed all along the cap would go up substantially this year. But not when you vote to kick the players in the balls. Their atttiude changed to, geez I rather keep the money myself, lol
Old 02-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,219 Times in 3,239 Posts

Ike Taylor was talking the same talk as Mike Wallace last off season - talk alone does not mean anyone is gone

Despite a feeling in Pittsburgh that Ike Taylor was likely to return to the team, Florio credited a source recently that said Taylor planned to test the free agent market.

Taylor made that strategy pretty clear during a Wednesday appearance on Jim Rome is Burning, saying he wouldn’t take a hometown discount.

“I need that market value. I work so hard,” Taylor told Rome. “I’ve been through so much, I feel so unappreciated, feel so underrated at my position, I feel like it’s my time to get my worth, in whatever city that’s in.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...etown-discout/

Players want to get paid, not the chance to wear a letterman's jacket - it's a business
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,219 Times in 3,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Just posturing, since the steelers probably haven't called him yet, lol

Well 49ers dont hurt us, as they were playing about as over their heads as they possible could be, now bring on a tougher schedule. Plus they have Smith as their QB for now. that could change as I dont think they think he is their franchise QB, plus he has no long ball. If you cant throw long, no point in having Wallace. It would be suicide to have Smith toss the ball to Wallace.

Pats I have been saying all along, look out for them as he fits perfectly with their pick. Wallace has got to like this situation, especially if Welker is onboard.
Paying Welker and Wallace is sinking a lot of $$ into one position
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #10
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

2 positions, lol But I see what you mean.. But think about it. Pats D was marginally bad at best. They leave the D alone, yet increase the offense. Perhaps that offense gets 8 points a game more over all. that may be enough to guarranttee afc championchip game and more.

But Pats can give him huge money upfront, perhaps lessor value, but bird in the hand...