Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft > 2012 NFL Scouting Combine

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #31
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: 2012 Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Ric, have you been able to watch the combine at all?? Glenn has been running in and out of drills well and doesnt look like conditioning is an issue. He is just a big kid that actually moves really well.

I also like that Georgia O linemen are normally very good technicians and Glenn looks that part in drills. I still think #24 is early to spend on him, but he would solidify RT position for years to come and maybe play OG.
Actually, I'm secretly trying to lower his stock to make sure that he's there when we pick. He definitely looked fluid, and like I said, it's probably best not to be a great jumper as an O-linemen. Still, to that commentator's point, might be nice to see him lose 30 lbs. of fat and gain 15 lbs. of muscle.

You mention Georgia... you know, as far as linemen there's only two guards and one tackle from Georgia currently in the NFL, and not one of them is a starter. Does not bode well for the program, or Glenn, I guess. If you're factoring in schools, I think the Big Ten is where you need to look for guards and tackles.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #32
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,172 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Actually, I'm secretly trying to lower his stock to make sure that he's there when we pick. He definitely looked fluid, and like I said, it's probably best not to be a great jumper as an O-linemen. Still, to that commentator's point, might be nice to see him lose 30 lbs. of fat and gain 15 lbs. of muscle.

You mention Georgia... you know, as far as linemen there's only two guards and one tackle from Georgia currently in the NFL, and not one of them is a starter. Does not bode well for the program, or Glenn, I guess. If you're factoring in schools, I think the Big Ten is where you need to look for guards and tackles.
Good idea to try and lower his stock, sorry for bringing attention to it.

Georgia O line Coach Stacy Searels is a great coach. He left 2 years ago for texas, but at least Glenn should have got some of his basics from Searels. The guy was a technician and coaches technicians. That is what I was referring to.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #33
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,001 Times in 2,115 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

these combine announcers sound high

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #34
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Ta'amu 6'3" 348 lbs, 35 reps on bench press

Poe 6'4" 346 lbs, 44 reps on bench press

Loni Fangopu, 6'1" 323 lbs, 36 reps

Josh Chapman, 6'1" 316lbs , DNP (ACL injury)

Aikeem Hicks , 6'5" , 318lbs, 26 reps on bench

I really dont know how we pass on Poe if he is there. Ta'amu is another guy that fills the space that Hampton will leave after this season. Chapman and Fangopu are the next best options in rounds 2 and 3 maybe.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #35
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

There seems to be a lot of separation between the talent of Poe and Ta'amu then even still more to Fangopu.

Word is San Diego is releasing their nose tackle Castillo. Are they taking Poe at 18?

I guess that Jean Baptiste NT isn't there at the combine.

I do love Cordy Glenn though. Bench pressed in the 30's. Amini Silatolu would be a good guard pick in the 2nd if we get lucky and take Poe in the first.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #36
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
There seems to be a lot of separation between the talent of Poe and Ta'amu then even still more to Fangopu.

Word is San Diego is releasing their nose tackle Castillo. Are they taking Poe at 18?

I guess that Jean Baptiste NT isn't there at the combine.

I do love Cordy Glenn though. Bench pressed in the 30's. Amini Silatolu would be a good guard pick in the 2nd if we get lucky and take Poe in the first.
-Either Poe or Ta'amu would be a good fit to clog up the middle and push the pocket. If either of them ended up a Steeler, we should be pleased.

-Luis Castillo is a DE in the 3-4. Chargers Antonio Garay is the NT and he is a free agent. Chargers are cutting Marcus McNeil, so they might go OT or NT if they dont sign Garay.

-I dont see Nick Jean-baptiste on the combine invite list.

-Cordy Glenn might be a RT strictly. Not sure if he has the knee bend to get good pad level as an interior lineman. Would be a Flozell Adams type RT, but not entirely sold on him as a guard. Watch how stiff he was in the hips during his 40......runs like Forrest Gump.