Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Colbert: Center Pouncey 'progressing just fine' after surgery

Colbert: Center Pouncey 'progressing just fine' after surgery

By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, February 25, 2012

INDIANAPOLIS Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert is optimistic the high-ankle sprains that have plagued All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey are in the past.

Pouncey has missed four games, including the three of the last four in 2011, since hurting his left ankle in the 2010 AFC Championship game.

"The reports we got and the last time we saw him, he was progressing just fine," Colbert said. "High-ankle sprains, they're a different injury and then when you re-injure it sometimes you've got to do some procedures to shore that joint up."

Pouncey's surgery last month did not stop him from making an appearance this week at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Pouncey and his twin brother, Mike, were here for a couple of days in support of former University of Florida running back Chris Rainey (they left yesterday).

The three are former high school and college teammates, and Rainey lived with the Pounceys when he was 16 years old.

Rainey is one of the fastest players in the draft; he said he once ran a 4.23 in the 40-yard dash.

"And that was on grass," said Rainey, who is scheduled to run the 40-yard dash today. "I know I'm going to run faster than that."

>> Count the Ravens among the teams unlikely to pursue Mike Wallace if the Steelers don't protect the Pro Bowl wide receiver with the franchise tag. Wallace is a restricted free agent, and if the Steelers place the highest tender on him, teams would be allowed to make offers to Wallace. If he signed elsewhere and the Steelers declined to match the offer, they would get that team's first-round pick in return.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said he would be hesitant to give up a first-round pick for a restricted free agent, especially given the prohibitive cost of signing that player. But when asked if he has ruled out signing a restricted free agent to bolster the Ravens' receiving corps, Newsome smiled.

"When I wake up tomorrow, I just never know what I might do," he said.

>> Former Cincinnati running back Isaiah Pead said Friday that the Steelers have expressed interest in him. Pead had more than 1,000 rushing yards in each of his last two seasons as a Bearcat, and the 5-foot-10, 197-pounder won MVP honors at the Senior Bowl last month. The Steelers have some uncertainty at running back with starter Rashard Mendenhall a candidate to open the 2012 season on the physically unable to perform list because of a torn ACL he sustained Jan. 1.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Read more: Colbert: Center Pouncey 'progressing just fine' after surgery - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1nMvC20EE
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,582 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Colbert: Center Pouncey 'progressing just fine' after surgery

Good post, thanks Mesa.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,502 Times in 786 Posts
My Mood: Hot

Let's hope the surgeons installed some heavy duty titanium plates, screws, attachments, and whatever else they could think of to keep his ankle injury free.

Our O-line (so-so at best when healthy) really cannot afford to be without him again.

We can't have another year of the SOS from this unit.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Doesnt matter what the installed there, if our clumcy ass guards keep stepping on him, its tough not to keep damaging it. 350 pounds of blob is alot for an ankle to take on sideways, lol
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Good news he is a big chunk of our future.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
Let's hope the surgeons installed some heavy duty titanium plates, screws, attachments, and whatever else they could think of to keep his ankle injury free.
[YOUTUBE]HoLs0V8T5AA[/YOUTUBE]

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote