Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer
 
6RingsAndCounting's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 360
Gender: Male
Member Number: 21067
Thanks: 3
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Just heard it on in interview with his agent on 93.7
__________________
I Tweet A Lot
6RingsAndCounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Not really too surprising. I'd honestly rather see him come back than Hampton. At least Farrior has leadership abilities. I don't really think either has much left to offer the team in production though. They should both be cap casualties.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,964
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 537
Thanked 3,555 Times in 1,686 Posts
Default Re: Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

If he doesnt think that he will be back, then it looks like Foote is probably staying. Otherwise, they decide to cut both, go with Timmons, a draft pick another free agent in the middle.

Before all the Sylvester fans jump on board, lets just consider that he really didnt do anything at ILB yet since being here and still plays way too high to be anything but a dropoff from Farrior.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
If he doesnt think that he will be back, then it looks like Foote is probably staying. Otherwise, they decide to cut both, go with Timmons, a draft pick another free agent in the middle.

Before all the Sylvester fans jump on board, lets just consider that he really didnt do anything at ILB yet since being here and still plays way too high to be anything but a dropoff from Farrior.
I think they'll keep either Foote or Farrior. I believe it will be Foote just because he's younger and has more left to give if needed, but he won't be a long-term answer. They'll definitely need to draft an ILB early to groom a good starting replacement.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,654
Member Number: 11678
Thanks: 71
Thanked 67 Times in 47 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Risky hacking both, unless we are drafting a stub Lb that can step right in. But thats atough one in this system.
I'll take a 3million savings. I think I rather keep Farrior though.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Risky hacking both, unless we are drafting a stub Lb that can step right in. But thats atough one in this system.
I'll take a 3million savings. I think I rather keep Farrior though.
Farrior's definitely the more cerebral of the two, but Foote will have more use if we need him for more than a year. I hope Sylvester can step up, but he hasn't really shown he can yet. We haven't seen enough of Carter yet to count on him either.

Foote will just be a placeholder by default until a rookie draftee can step in.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,964
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 537
Thanked 3,555 Times in 1,686 Posts
Default Re: Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Farrior's definitely the more cerebral of the two, but Foote will have more use if we need him for more than a year. I hope Sylvester can step up, but he hasn't really shown he can yet. We haven't seen enough of Carter yet to count on him either.

Foote will just be a placeholder by default until a rookie draftee can step in.
Carter is an OLB and sadly enough, I think he is a better OLB than Worilds. Yeah, makes sense if they keep Foote, draft a rookie ILB and maybe sign another vet free agent for training camp.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Carter is an OLB and sadly enough, I think he is a better OLB than Worilds. Yeah, makes sense if they keep Foote, draft a rookie ILB and maybe sign another vet free agent for training camp.
Ooops, my bad on Carter. I heard someone else refer to him as an ILB and I've seen and heard so little of him I took it as fact.

They'll definitely be drafting an ILB within the first 3 rounds I think. It wouldn't even surprise me if they draft 2 overall considering the Steelers' draft history of stockpiling LBs.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #9
Steelerfreak58
Assistant Coach
 
Steelerfreak58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Modesto
Posts: 1,112
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8080
Thanks: 332
Thanked 297 Times in 137 Posts
Default Re: Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Sad news but its business. Farrior has been a great team member. Foote should do well enough and hopefully Sylvester will get some quality play time to learn to call the D's and step up after this coming year.

Losing Farrior is a hard hit he is a captain and true leader but its a young mans game.
__________________
Steelerfreak58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
fer522
ACERERO
 
fer522's Avatar
 
Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: right here
Posts: 3,458
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16190
Thanks: 4,857
Thanked 2,383 Times in 1,050 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Ooops, my bad on Carter. I heard someone else refer to him as an ILB and I've seen and heard so little of him I took it as fact.

They'll definitely be drafting an ILB within the first 3 rounds I think. It wouldn't even surprise me if they draft 2 overall considering the Steelers' draft history of stockpiling LBs.
it would not surprise me if they went after Dont'a Hightower (if he's still available at 24)
that guy is a beast
__________________
Sent from my house using my PC
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts