Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067
Default Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Just heard it on in interview with his agent on 93.7
Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

Not really too surprising. I'd honestly rather see him come back than Hampton. At least Farrior has leadership abilities. I don't really think either has much left to offer the team in production though. They should both be cap casualties.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,555 Times in 1,686 Posts

If he doesnt think that he will be back, then it looks like Foote is probably staying. Otherwise, they decide to cut both, go with Timmons, a draft pick another free agent in the middle.

Before all the Sylvester fans jump on board, lets just consider that he really didnt do anything at ILB yet since being here and still plays way too high to be anything but a dropoff from Farrior.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
If he doesnt think that he will be back, then it looks like Foote is probably staying. Otherwise, they decide to cut both, go with Timmons, a draft pick another free agent in the middle.

Before all the Sylvester fans jump on board, lets just consider that he really didnt do anything at ILB yet since being here and still plays way too high to be anything but a dropoff from Farrior.
I think they'll keep either Foote or Farrior. I believe it will be Foote just because he's younger and has more left to give if needed, but he won't be a long-term answer. They'll definitely need to draft an ILB early to groom a good starting replacement.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Risky hacking both, unless we are drafting a stub Lb that can step right in. But thats atough one in this system.
I'll take a 3million savings. I think I rather keep Farrior though.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Risky hacking both, unless we are drafting a stub Lb that can step right in. But thats atough one in this system.
I'll take a 3million savings. I think I rather keep Farrior though.
Farrior's definitely the more cerebral of the two, but Foote will have more use if we need him for more than a year. I hope Sylvester can step up, but he hasn't really shown he can yet. We haven't seen enough of Carter yet to count on him either.

Foote will just be a placeholder by default until a rookie draftee can step in.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,555 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Farrior's definitely the more cerebral of the two, but Foote will have more use if we need him for more than a year. I hope Sylvester can step up, but he hasn't really shown he can yet. We haven't seen enough of Carter yet to count on him either.

Foote will just be a placeholder by default until a rookie draftee can step in.
Carter is an OLB and sadly enough, I think he is a better OLB than Worilds. Yeah, makes sense if they keep Foote, draft a rookie ILB and maybe sign another vet free agent for training camp.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Carter is an OLB and sadly enough, I think he is a better OLB than Worilds. Yeah, makes sense if they keep Foote, draft a rookie ILB and maybe sign another vet free agent for training camp.
Ooops, my bad on Carter. I heard someone else refer to him as an ILB and I've seen and heard so little of him I took it as fact.

They'll definitely be drafting an ILB within the first 3 rounds I think. It wouldn't even surprise me if they draft 2 overall considering the Steelers' draft history of stockpiling LBs.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #9
Steelerfreak58
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8080

Sad news but its business. Farrior has been a great team member. Foote should do well enough and hopefully Sylvester will get some quality play time to learn to call the D's and step up after this coming year.

Losing Farrior is a hard hit he is a captain and true leader but its a young mans game.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,383 Times in 1,050 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Ooops, my bad on Carter. I heard someone else refer to him as an ILB and I've seen and heard so little of him I took it as fact.

They'll definitely be drafting an ILB within the first 3 rounds I think. It wouldn't even surprise me if they draft 2 overall considering the Steelers' draft history of stockpiling LBs.
it would not surprise me if they went after Dont'a Hightower (if he's still available at 24)
that guy is a beast