Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Addressing a Flex TE

Heath Miller is a monster and he is perfect for the Steelers as the starter. But I believe getting a more athletic TE like a Jermichael Finley would help us tremendesly. I am watching the combine right now and 2 guys (Ladarius Green, 6ft 6inches 260 lbs and ran a 4.48 from LA-Lafayette and James Hanna from Oklahoma who is 6ft 4 inches 250 lbs and ran a 4.42) would fit in as a situational player. Ladarius Green would by far be my choice yet he will probably be drafted in the 3rd round which we need lots of positions so i doubt the Steelers would draft one that high. But James Hannah is a guy that could be attained in a 6th or 7th round if not as a free agent. Im just tired of talking about first round picks because the reason the Steelers are so successful is because of the guys we get in the late rounds to fill situational needs and maybe find another Brett Keisel or an Ike Taylor

Old 02-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
ZiggyHeyward
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 23044
Default Re: Addressing a Flex TE

Like you I don't see them using anything close to a 3rd on a TE but guys like Egnew, Hanna, Paulson, Dunsmore and Rodriguez will be there later in the draft and may be worth looking at in rounds 5-7.

I'm personally more of a fan of getting one of Harkey or Igwenagu to help the running game but its hard not to drool over these tweener types.

Last edited by ZiggyHeyward; 02-25-2012 at 08:00 PM.
ZiggyHeyward is offline   Reply With Quote