Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580
Default Reunifiying Steeler Fans

It seems as though the morale of SF posters has been a bit rankled over the last week with lots of in-fighting and name calling. The likely culprit has been identified as the off season. Theres no weekly opponent to vent against and tear into regarding next Sunday's game. The only active sport is baseball and that hasn't been a fun topic for 14 years in Pittsburgh.

Well, I stumbled over an article today in the local paper that I thought I would share. I share it grudgingly because the writer's attitude is counter to what I have professed on this board before, that most Seahawk fans have moved past the obsession with the close calls the officials made in the Super Bowl. I swear to you that most people I know have moved on and are just excited about next year now.

But.... This dude wrote an article that... You'll just have to read it. So here you go Steeler Fever fans. You all run a great forum and have treated my presence well. So this is my gift to you. A link that I hope will end all inter-Steeler fan squabbles for the time being and get you pissed off at someone who doesn't wave a terrible towel: Ted Miller, author of the following link.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/miller..._miller13.html

I'll duck on the way out the door.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:22 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Reunifiying Steeler Fans

Can somebody email that article to Holmgren? Along with a #4 meal from McDonalds (Biggie size of course) to keep him content and some duct tape to finally shut him up during every interview he has given since February 6, 2006? Please?

Oh........and here's for him to buy some class.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 07-13-2006 at 09:29 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

The attitude the players have demonstrated give me hope they won't get bogged down by Holmgren's attitude. This from a recent Shaun Alexander interview on Jimmy Kimmell's show:
Quote:
Kimmel: You wind up going to the Superbowl this year and it didn't work out necessarily as you hoped it would. But do you feel like the team--like you learned something from it? Do you come back strong next year?

SA: You know whenever you lose a Superbowl either two things happen. You whine and complain and you come out the next year and you get blown out by everybody.

Or you put a chip on your shoulder and you come out and you destroy people.

K: And that is the plan for you?

SA: Its on.

Alexander gives that last line with a boring stare into Kimmel's eyes.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

We shall see.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

In regards to our "diffrences in opinion" hawk,....that's none of your or any one else's buisness. We are a Family,...and like most families they're are grievances, but we stand TOGETHER at the end of the day. We are proud, dedicated, strong and most of us (from the young'nz to the old folks home),.. know football. As far as the Superbowl goes,.. you didn't make enough play's to win,.. Nuff Said. WE know this,....so we are not tripping on ANY excuse's or whining by ANYONE. I'm glad to hear some of you are past it,..and thinking about the present and future,....because that's all you have the power to effect.
Good luck in your conferance and maybe we'll all get a rematch worthy of epic proportions. But even if the unthinkable happens an we have a terrible season,...WE'll all still,..... "BLEED BLACK AND GOLD" !!

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #6
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

LOL, the rest of the country thinks the trophy should be FedEx'd to Seattle? No, you have to win the game for that to happen. And in order to win, you have to play well enough to overcome possible officiating errors... or it wasn't decisive enough to say that with proper officiating you would have won.

Bottom line isn't that the officiating sucked; the game itself sucked. I would agree with Hawks fans if I felt the Hawks played well enough to win; but face it, they played a crappy game, just like the Steelers did. They didn't deserve to win.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #7
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca
LOL, the rest of the country thinks the trophy should be FedEx'd to Seattle? No, you have to win the game for that to happen. And in order to win, you have to play well enough to overcome possible officiating errors... or it wasn't decisive enough to say that with proper officiating you would have won.

Bottom line isn't that the officiating sucked; the game itself sucked. I would agree with Hawks fans if I felt the Hawks played well enough to win; but face it, they played a crappy game, just like the Steelers did. They didn't deserve to win.

Tom
Well said Mosca....

The difference between the Steelers and Seahawks???

2 games with "questionable" officiating....

Steelers-Colts...The Steelers overcame the adversity and made the plays to win

Seahawks-Steelers?..I'm sorry...but Seattle didnt make big plays...and gave up 2 HUGE plays....

Champions overcome adversity

End of story...moving on
Old 07-13-2006, 10:30 PM   #8
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I'd love to discuss with this guy the Super Bowl and officiating. The problem I've run into when talking about the game is two things:

1 - No one wants to hear about the rules of the game and if they were applied correctly in context. The only call that was truly in error was the illegal blocking one after the interception late in the game.

2 - You talk about overcoming adversity and show proof of overcoming through the Steelers run to the Super Bowl and everyone wants to shun responsibility for their team doing that blame someone else because their team couldn't do it!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:32 PM   #9
steelerdude
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2232

That article was a bunch of BS.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:38 PM   #10
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

The article is BULLSHIT! Everyone loves to hate the champs. The NFL Called a fair game. So before you go publishing anything again. So what if the officals made mistakes, NO HUMAN IS PERFECT EVERY HUMAN IN THE WORLD WILL MAKE MISTAKES BUT EVERYONE IS ABLE TO LEARN FROM THEM! The Steelers won it FAIR AND SQUARE like every team had to. To all fans who believe that Seattle was ripped off. QUIT YOUR BITCHING!

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote