Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473
Default Mycal Kendricks

Ive seen his name in alot of mocks in the later rounds. He put up solid numbers at the combine. 4.4 40 24 reps on the bench and had a 39,5" vertical which was highest among linebackers. Looks like his stock will be rising. All the guys we have been hoping Pitt would be able to land are going and tearing up the combine(Glenn,Poe,Hightower,Tank Carder,Marvin McNutt and now Kendricks)
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,051 Posts
Default Re: Mycal Kendricks

I have to admit that I never saw Kendricks in Cal games and thought he was an OLB prospect. Not sure if he can slide inside and play ILB with his size or not.

James Michael Johnson from Nevada is a kid that I think can fit a classic ILB position in the 3-4 for us. HEre are reviews on both after the Combine

Mychal Kendricks, California: Melvin Ingram's workout with the defensive linemen was one for the ages, and Kendricks' showing with the linebackers wasn't far behind. The Pac-12 defensive player of the year led the linebackers in almost every testing category: His 40 time of 4.45 seconds was the fastest, his vertical jump of 39.5 inches the highest and broad jump of 10-feet, 7-inches the longest. Kendricks carried his momentum through the drill session, looking quick and explosive in every task. Kendricks' sub-6-foot height means he won't be a player for everyone, but a creative defensive coordinator will turn him into a productive pro.

James-Michael Johnson, Nevada: Johnson turned in a complete workout today and was effective on all fronts. He started with 40 times in the mid 4.6-second range. His marks of 37 inches in the vertical jump and 10-feet, 4-inches in the broad jump were also impressive. During drills Johnson looked every bit as athletic as his testing numbers indicate and moved swiftly across the field. He appears to be a complete linebacker who can defend the run or pass in the NFL.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1nd66cQVp
Old 02-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

Kendricks and Johnson are almost identical in size. Johnson 6'1 241 and Kendricks is 5'11 239 so size shouldnt be a problem for either of them. Another interesting prospect i saw was Demario Davis from Arkansas State 6'2 235 4.5 40 32 reps and a 38.5 vertical
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

If we can get him in the 5th or 6th round id take him.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,425 Times in 2,732 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

I've been reading about him a lot lately, and he seems to have a lot of positives, upside, and high football IQ. but i always see him projected as a rd. 4-5 pick, why is that?

im guessing he'll go in the 3rd-4th after that combine
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,051 Posts

Kendricks height and sometimes getting manhandled by O linemen in the run game are the reason he has been projected as a 4th rounder. I bet somebody is going to try and see if he can play 3-4 OLB with his speed and pass rush ability.

Not sure if he is a good match inside with Timmons or not.