Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-14-2006, 01:03 PM   #21
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Re: Cincy radio station billboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
Kimo has some roots out here in Washington and all of the people who know him were resolute about his character and that he would never, never take a guys knee out on purpose. They portrayed him as a sort of gentle giant. It sucks what happened for sure. But I think when a guy has the track record that Kimo has, I have to take him at his word that he didn't mean to and was genuinely contrite that he played a role in such an devastating injury.

But thats easy for me to say as a third party observer; its obvious that a Bengal fan is going to have a harder time getting to that conclusion.
ok lets just say for a second that the palmer injury doesnt happen. We still beat the bengals and then we still end up in the superbowl If the same incident happens with matt do you have the same opinion
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #22
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Here's the funny thing about that. Luis Castillo got a free pass from Pittsburgh fans for his borderline shot at Ben's knee in the Monday night game. But Kimo get slammed by Bengal fans for a very similar play.
Obviously you weren't a member of this board when Odell Thurman got a low hit on Ben Roethlisberger.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #23
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Obviously you weren't a member of this board when Odell Thurman got a low hit on Ben Roethlisberger.
I wasnt. do you have a link
Old 07-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #24
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D
I wasnt. do you have a link
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2890

No real overreactions, besides the one by Big Ben. However, Ben was right when he said "whenever you go low on a quarterback, you know it's a little dirty," anytime you do that to a quarterback, regardless of the reason, someone is going to label it a cheap shot. Many fans besides Bengal and Steeler fans call it a cheap shot still. I by no means think that Kimo tried to tackle Carson with intent of hurting him, but I do think at that moment he did have the intent of taking him to the ground.

As a Bengal fan, I've watched Kimo play for a very long time, considering he started out his career as a bengal. He's really a nice guy, he wouldn't try to injure someone on purpose. Again, I and most other Bengal fans don't really consider Kimo's hit to be a cheap shot, but that doesn't mean it doesn't still hit a nerve everytime we see it. When I refer to Kimo's hit as a cheap shot, it's basically used as a joke to get under a steeler fan's skin.

The image of Carson going down at the hand of the Steelers is something that most Bengal fans can rally behind, like I said, it hits a nerve...and putting it on a billboard is just a good way to get the support of the area bengal fans.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #25
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Quote:
ok lets just say for a second that the palmer injury doesnt happen. We still beat the bengals and then we still end up in the superbowl If the same incident happens with matt do you have the same opinion
Ahhh, thats a good thread question. But ultimately we'll never know. Maybe the Steelers still win that game, but they get more worn down and aren't able to sustain their unprecedented run in the following weeks. Maybe they get even more momentum by beating a healthy Palmer in a close game. But I think odds are that no doubt the Steelers reaped an incredible benefit from Palmer's injury.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #26
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Let's go back even further in history. What if Ben doesn't get hurt in the San Diego game? Would we even be the #6 seed?

Too many what ifs.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #27
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Let's go back even further in history. What if Ben doesn't get hurt in the San Diego game? Would we even be the #6 seed?

Too many what ifs.
Kinda reminds me of those Choose Your Own Adventure books they had when I was a kid.

Why did I always get eaten by the Yeti?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:07 PM   #28
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

i think you misread what i was saying hawk if kimo would have rolled over on matts knee in the superbowl what would your opinion be
Old 07-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #29
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Quote:
i think you misread what i was saying hawk if kimo would have rolled over on matts knee in the superbowl what would your opinion be
It would be harder for me to get to that opinion, sure. But I hope I would have the objectivity with time to see it from the big picture perspective.

Actually, that example is pretty akin to the SB officiating issue. There were a few key calls that on some occasions would not have been flagged but they were. It felt like more of those calls seemed to go against the Hawks that day. But when all is said and done , if I look at the plays objectivley I can see that most of the calls were correct if you are following the rule book to a T. Inconsistancy of calls is part of the game and we have to figure more calls will go against you when you are not the home team. And the Hawks did not play to their potential that day. So we've got to suck it and move forward and focus on the issues we can control. But it still makes me feel a little sick to know we were that close.... Hopefully the players will turn that feeling into more success next season.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #30
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

Man I can't believe this is a topic, AGAIN! Do a search and look at all of the other threads that went on about this. Lord knows there was never a shortage of threads about this topic. Especially if you enjoy drama because as you can imagine things were pretty heated on occasion.
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote