Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-14-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
Jungle_Juice
Water Boy

Member Number: 2622
Default Pittsburgh People I need your help!

First I want to introduce myself since I'm new to this forum. Yes, I'm a Bengals fan but I'm NOT here to talk any trash. I'm here because I need advice and help from those of you who DO live in Pittsburgh. So, if you haven't already stopped reading because I'm a Bengals fan...then please read on!

Here's my story:

I'm currently living in Cincinnati, but the girl I have been dating since December of last year lives in Pittsburgh (Yes, she IS a Steelers fan!) . My lease on my apartment here in Cincy is up in early October, and I'm heavily considering a move so that her and I can be closer. We've spent the past 7 months taking turns visiting on weekends and as you can imagine, that is taking a toll on us. Obviously, I want to live closer.

So, before I take that step and move, I want to do my homework first and find a good job. I obviously want to be well prepared when it comes time to make the move.

So....a little about me:

I'm currently working in Television as well as for the Cincinnati Reds. I have a B.A. in Communications from Miami University of Ohio (Ben Roethlisberger, Ron Harper). I've posted my resume on career builder and monster. I've started to do some research on available jobs and intend on applying soon. I have gained some contacts with the Pirates (from my experience with the Reds) as well as the major television networks in Pittsburgh. So, those are a couple of my options at this point. As you know though, options dont always turn out to be guarantees.

So, my point of this post is this....

Based on normal word of mouth, do any of you have any suggestions on other places to look for employment. I'm interested in full time, professional placement. Based on my education and experience I feel as if Im qualified to take on various roles. My heart is not set on working in television but that is where my experience thus far is. My education though, has prepared me to work in other fields. So, thanks ahead of time and please offer any suggestions that you may have for me because all the help you can provide will be help indeed!
Jungle_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:04 AM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Pittsburgh People I need your help!

http://www.pittsburghjobs.com/Free/GetStarted.asp

http://pittsburgh.employmentguide.com/

http://pittsburgh.preferredjobs.com/

http://www.pgh-job-index.com/

http://www.pittsburgh-employment.com/
Old 07-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #3
Jungle_Juice
Water Boy

Wow, help already! THANK YOU!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

You may want to send your resume to the various news stations here in the Burgh. Here's a start - hope it helps and good luck!

http://www.wpxi.com/news/1910124/detail.html

http://kdka.com/jobs

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/index.html

http://wpgh.com/

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #5
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

You'll love Pittsburgh....and dont worry..we'll convert you to the Black and Gold...muhahahaha

(or if we dont...I'm sure she will)
Old 07-14-2006, 09:28 AM   #6
Jungle_Juice
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
You'll love Pittsburgh....and dont worry..we'll convert you to the Black and Gold...muhahahaha

(or if we dont...I'm sure she will)

Actually, I've been to Pittsburgh enough in the past 7 months to have learned a lot about it. I have to admit, although I do not root for the Steelers, I love your city. I love the downtown area. We also go to the Southside Waterfront area a lot to dine or for entertainment. I love Sing Sing!

She does tease me about converting over, but that wont happen, haha.

Anyway, thanks again for the help! Like I said, I am a Bengals fan, but Im also a fan of sports. So, I give credit when credit is due. I actually even sat next to Roethlisberger in two of my classes at Miami and played basketball with him at the university rec center on several occasions! So, despite our differences in who we root for, I greatly appreciate any help that you all can provide!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #7
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Juice
Actually, I've been to Pittsburgh enough in the past 7 months to have learned a lot about it. I have to admit, although I do not root for the Steelers, I love your city. I love the downtown area. We also go to the Southside Waterfront area a lot to dine or for entertainment. I love Sing Sing!

She does tease me about converting over, but that wont happen, haha.

Anyway, thanks again for the help! Like I said, I am a Bengals fan, but Im also a fan of sports. So, I give credit when credit is due. I actually even sat next to Roethlisberger in two of my classes at Miami and played basketball with him at the university rec center on several occasions! So, despite our differences in who we root for, I greatly appreciate any help that you all can provide!

Always a pleasure to meet a CLASSY fan from another team...best of luck!!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #8
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2409

Welcome to this board, Jungle. I'm also new here but you'll love the people.
CAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:39 AM   #9
Jungle_Juice
Water Boy

This might be kind of forward, but if any of you know of opportunities that exist within the company that you work for, please feel free to let me know. Like I said, although my experience THUS far is within television I am qualified and educated enough to expand my horizons. My goal has been to work in PR or Media Relations for the Reds...which I can now focus on the Pirates....but that is not set in stone. I'm very open minded and willing to try new things! I just need it to be worth my while!

So, please feel free to offer any suggestions or help. I'll obviously check out the job boards that have been listed in this thread....but more specific help couldn't hurt! Afterall, part of landing a job sometimes isn't always about what you know...but also about who refers you!
Old 07-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #10
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Good luck in your job search, Jungle_Juice! I continued a long distance relationship with a guy in Virginia many years ago after I moved back to Pennsylvania after living there, and it was very difficult and definitely took a toll on both of us, so I know exactly how you feel. I hope everything works out for you and your girlfriend. Again, good luck!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote