Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-14-2006, 05:46 PM   #21
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Has anyone noticed......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Thanks for posting this B&G203,

I have been meaning to post something about this myself recently but haven't got around to it.

There are alot of people who vehemently disagree with the methods Israel are currently using against the civilian population of the Gaza strip and I am one of them.

The Israel Prime Minister, Ehud Olmert, has waged a vicious psychological campaign in retaliation for the abduction of a single Israeli soldier.

Now some people here might agree with the zero tolerance policy shown here, but I think it is disgraceful that the UN have not done more to prevent the terror inducing policies of the Israeli army.

Among their latest strategies is the frequent (up to 7 times daily), night time, sonic-booming of the civilian population - the idea is to have the population unravel pschologically - this includes total innocents and children.

Olmert commented on this episode with great humour - remarking that he hoped not many would sleep in Gaza peacefully again.

It seems natural enough to side with a country that has been an ally to the more democratic countries over the last 20 years, but this is the action of a despicable individual and the UN needs to do something before it is too late.

A personal article detailing the effects of the terror tactics.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0607/S00027.htm

NM
In case you hadn't noticed, the UN doesn't do anything. For all intents and purposes, they are a non entity. The UN should be disbanded... it is truly worthless.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #22
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
We've made our bed with Israel and we need to lie in it. To withdraw support at this point would be akin to the cut and run tactics of Reagan in Beirut or Clinton in Somalia; it would provide a victory for extremist opponents. But I do think we need to exert our power to reform Israeli-American policies so there is more stability in the region.

If we let Isreal be destoyed, there is a possibility civilization as we know it would end. There is a belief that Israel has informed the nuclear powers of the world that, if certain of imminant destruction, Israel will launch its nukes at all the major cities of those countries. Including the US. There is a name for this that is biblical in orgin (the something option of principle). The idea behind it is that Israel says if they are going down, everyone elses is going down with them. So its in all of our interests to make sure they don't go down.

I don't agree with what Israel is doing to the Lebanese government. By destabilizing the quasi-reasonable government of Lebanon while going after Hezbollah, they are destroying any possibility of having a stable border to the north. Now the government will either have no power or will be forced to side with Hezbollah. So begins another occupation with no end in site....
I agree with you. We are stuck with having to support Israel... like it or not. Israel is like an incurable disease... the best you can hope for is medication that will ease the pain and keep it at bay.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:39 PM   #23
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,670 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for posting this B&G203,

I have been meaning to post something about this myself recently but haven't got around to it.

There are alot of people who vehemently disagree with the methods Israel are currently using against the civilian population of the Gaza strip and I am one of them.
but your ok with isreali civilians enduring non stop rocket attacks and suicide bombings?

The Israel Prime Minister, Ehud Olmert, has waged a vicious psychological campaign in retaliation for the abduction of a single Israeli soldier.

Now some people here might agree with the zero tolerance policy shown here, but I think it is disgraceful that the UN have not done more to prevent the terror inducing policies of the Israeli army.
so terrorist should be tolerated? how would you like it if rockets started raining down on your country or better yet,the city in which you live? didn't the nazi's do something similiar?

Among their latest strategies is the frequent (up to 7 times daily), night time, sonic-booming of the civilian population - the idea is to have the population unravel pschologically - this includes total innocents and children.
hmmm...lets see...sonic boom...rockets exploding...sonic boom...suicide bombing at the market... i tend to think the sonic booms aren't quiet as bad for your health.

Olmert commented on this episode with great humour - remarking that he hoped not many would sleep in Gaza peacefully again.

It seems natural enough to side with a country that has been an ally to the more democratic countries over the last 20 years, but this is the action of a despicable individual and the UN needs to do something before it is too late.
the U.N.... ...when is the last time the U.N. has ever done anything...darfur??? ...nope not there.

A personal article detailing the effects of the terror tactics.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0607/S00027.htm

NM
isreal does have a right to defend itself.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #24
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
well...if hezbollah is funded by syria,doesn't that kinda make them syria's army?
Not really. Syria had a "traditional" uniformed army that ran operations in southern Lebabnon. Helzbollah's fighters are more paramilitary. Syria funded Hezbollah but Hezbollah is not beholden to any nation as far as I know.

I guess you could compare them to the Israeli army. We probably fund them more than Syria funds Hezbollah. But is Israel the US's army? No way, their allegiance is to their nation first. But are we responsible for what Isreal does because we fund them? Partially, sure.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:09 PM   #25
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
i have read of this..and have every reason to believe its true....Israel would do this....
The name of the strategy came to me today... It's called the Samson Option, alluding to when Samson pulling the temple down on his enemies and himself when it was clear he could not win the fight (damn those women and their haircutting ways).

So I think in the cold war days, Isreal always had a few nukes pointed at the USSR. All they had to do was launch into the Soviet Union and they launch at us, we launch at them, game over.

Its a terrible thing to think about. I assume we would do the same thing though if in the same situation.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:25 PM   #26
pitt
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 474

I back Israel 100%.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:41 AM   #27
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
In case you hadn't noticed, the UN doesn't do anything. For all intents and purposes, they are a non entity. The UN should be disbanded... it is truly worthless.
I agree 100% - the UN has a reputation for being horribly indecisive.

It was more in hope than expectation that I made the comment about UN intervention - this is the type of situation it was brought into existence for.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
isreal does have a right to defend itself.
Yes Israel has the right to defend itself.

But these tactics are aimed at the civilian population, and unless you are one of these people who thinks every Muslim is a potential terrorist it is utterly wrong that they should be targetted.

The fact of the matter is that certain prominent members of the Israeli government have no intention of granting Palestine an equitable share of land for its people, and any excuse for killing and terrorising Palestines is a good one.

You think that 'sonic booming' is less or more likely to breed resentment amongst the law abiding population?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #29
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Yes Israel has the right to defend itself.

But these tactics are aimed at the civilian population, and unless you are one of these people who thinks every Muslim is a potential terrorist it is utterly wrong that they should be targetted.

The fact of the matter is that certain prominent members of the Israeli government have no intention of granting Palestine an equitable share of land for its people, and any excuse for killing and terrorising Palestines is a good one.

You think that 'sonic booming' is less or more likely to breed resentment amongst the law abiding population?

NM

I am still not clear how you can condemn Israel for making loud "noises" that "disturb and are aimed at the civilian population"...but still have not quantified these acts against the "suicide bombings" against the Israeli population. I can only assume that if Israel were to train their children that there is a special place in "heaven" for those who strap explosives to their bodies and blow themselves and INNOCENT WOMEN & CHILDREN into small bloody bits...that it would be a much better solution.

And just so I may be aware of how much you know of the history of the middle east...could you enlighten me as to "when" there was was an independent state called “Palestine” whose majority residents were Moslem “Palestinians”?

Isnt it true that until the defeat of the Ottoman (Turkish) Empire in World War I, there wasnt even a geopolitical entity called “Palestine,” and also that no Arab nation has ever set historical roots on this soil or made a national claim to the territory other than the Jews.

Between the time that the Jews were expulsed by the Romans in the year 70 A.D. and the defeat of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, Israel (Palestine) was occupied by fourteen conquerors over thirteen centuries, until in 1948 the Jews once again declared their independence. In fact, the whole concept of a Palastinian state was unknown before the 20th century
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:38 PM   #30
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt
I back Israel 100%.
I also agree Israel needs to defend itself. But to back them 100% would be counter to our own countries interest. Unless you support Isreali espionage in the US...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...501608_pf.html
http://www.washington-report.org/bac...96/9604014.htm