Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464
Default Well then Kick Michael Irvin out.............

If Hines Ward is not a lock for the HOF then kick Mike Irvine out... for real guys look at their stats and overall at the everything.. Look at every damn thing across the board and tell me how in the hell any idiot could say Ward is not HOF WR...

Mike Irvin
750 Rec
11904 yards
65 TD's
3 SB

Playoff stats
87 rec
1315 yards
8 Tds

5 time probowl
3 SB champion
NO Superbowl MVP
and lets not forget he played all his games for the most part with HOF QB Troy Aikman

Extras... Great Team leader.. with a great will to win...

Also Extras Busted for Coke off the field which is not what a HOF player should be about

Hines Ward
1000 rec
12083 yards
85 TDs
2 SB and one Runner up

Playoff stats
88 Rec
1181 yards
10 TDs

4 Time Probowl
2 Time Superbowl champion
Superbowl MVP ( which I guess means we couldnt have won it without him )
and lets not forget he played many games in his time with guys like Kordell Stewart

Extras Great Team Leader. Great will to win

More extras the Best Blocking WR in the history of the game
Look at these stats and you tell me why in the world according to these stats Ward is not First ballot just like Irvin... Its plain and simple...numbers dont lie... look at whats in front of you and tell me what arguement you can come up with ????

I will at least say this.. if Irvin is First Ballot then Ward is at least a lock to get in sometime down the road.. but IMO if Irvin is HOF first Ballot with all his stats.. then I cant see why a guy like Ward who has better stats all the way through is not First Ballot

Irvin got one more SB... Ward got MVP and better numbers along with 250 more receptions and the title of best blocking WR the game ever saw... and again I point out Mike did it with Troy.. while Ward had to get it on a running team with many years of Kordell stewart and even guys like Kent Gram... lol give me a break man
Bottom line if Mike Irvin is HOF then Hines ward is a lock

you tell me looking above how you can say he is not... and dont give me this shit of how Irvin shouldnt be or whatever... It is what it is... Mike is HOF.. so why would Ward not be with better numbers all the way through???????????????
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Default Re: Well then Kick Michael Irvin out.............

Another thing I cant stand is people that keep bringing up Chris Carter or T.O or Moss... Guys this is the HOF... people Like Lynn Swann and Mike Irvin get in because they take their team to a new level and will them to victorys... They are team leaders who pick it up a notch in the Playoffs... In short they help win Superbowls...

Just like Hines Ward did

T.O spent his time ripping apart his teams on his way to its all about me me me... When T.O runs down the field and yells Im open Im open and he dont get the ball he quits and comes back to the huddle along wth Moss... When Hines Ward runs down the field and yells Im open Im open and he dont get the ball.. he then finds a SS and or ILB and hits him in the mouth as he springs his guy for a TD on the Way to another Superbowl Championship

Dont get me wrong I think Carter, Moss T.O are HOF guys off their Talent... but the reason guys like Irvin and Ward are HOF guys is because of what they do to help their team Win Superbowls... oh and by the way Hines has the stats to go along with everything else.. his stats are right up there with the big boys in a lot of categorys

Oh well I would love to see A Hines Hater.. or someone who really doesnt view him as HOF look at the numbers above and come up with a reason why he is not HOF compare to Irvin
Old 03-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067

That's a great argument. I have to agree with you completely, you can't put one in without the other.

Also, look at who Hines had throwing to him his first half of his career... That's just a testiment to his stats
Old 03-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6RingsAndCounting View Post
Also, look at who Hines had throwing to him his first half of his career... That's just a testiment to his stats
I always think of that as well. The very sub-par QB's that Hines has played with throughout his glorious career and for 6 seasons before Roethlisberger just goes to show the consistency and player Hines really was. He adjusted to schemes, offensive coordinators and a bunch of ill-talent at the QB position throughout some seasons, but yet, found a way to work around that and be the teams best possession receiver to go with a dominating and beheading style of blocking. Hines could of played with anyone and made them look good. An all round football player by definition. Glad I could watch his best years in the Black & Gold.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:30 AM   #5
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I always think of that as well. The very sub-par QB's that Hines has played with throughout his glorious career and for 6 seasons before Roethlisberger just goes to show the consistency and player Hines really was. He adjusted to schemes, offensive coordinators and a bunch of ill-talent at the QB position throughout some seasons, but yet, found a way to work around that and be the teams best possession receiver to go with a dominating and beheading style of blocking. Hines could of played with anyone and made them look good. An all round football player by definition. Glad I could watch his best years in the Black & Gold.
The old saying is true for Hines. The one that "I would take 11 of him on the field all the time." They say it a lot, but it is especially true for him, if he would have been 70 pounds thicker, he would have been the best linemen in the game.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #6
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6RingsAndCounting View Post
The old saying is true for Hines. The one that "I would take 11 of him on the field all the time." They say it a lot, but it is especially true for him, if he would have been 70 pounds thicker, he would have been the best linemen in the game.

Funny stuff... but very true
Old 03-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #7
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

He may need to wait for a few years. But he is going to get in. He may not be viewed as the best WR in the league. But winning two SBs, a SB MVP and being the best blocking WR will separate him from other WRs with similar stats.

I'm not worry about him chance.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Wait wait wait wait a minute! I totally agree that Hines is HOF, BUT when you say he's on a run first team and CokeHead Irvin had Troy, let's not forget they had an O-line from Heaven that saved their asses and Emmitt Smith! Without that O-line, none of those turds are in the HOF. That team was run first and that line was ridiculous...

Brought to you by Hines for Prez 2016!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
Pentheon
Team Captain

Member Number: 7606

Perfect argument, beats him in pretty much every category and always had a better QB throwing to him. Can't argue with this thread at all, I agree 100%
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,577 Posts

one important stat you guys are forgetting while trying to compare stats....

.....................games........................ .............................games started
ward..............217............................. .....................................190
irvin................159.......................... ........................................147

difference......58 games..........43 starts.
so thats damn near 3 3/4 seasons of playing ward has on irvin. naturally his stats should be higher ....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote