Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default My take on the draft

Round 1 - The more I read the more I start to like Hightower. With that said I believe our need to improve the OL is much greater. We have 3 stars at LB, do we really need a 4th? I know a 4th star would be great, but I think we could find a quality LB in the 2-4 round. If Poe is there we run to the podium, but he won't be, so with the 24th pick the Steelers should take the best OL on the board, no matter which position he plays...

RD 1 - OL

Round 2 - Steelers are always BPA when it comes to drafting and don't reach too often, at least by their own board, which is different from Kiper or who ever. With still needs at NT, LB, OL, and possible depth WR, RB, TE, CB, S & OLB. I believe the Steelers will look at NT, but the problem lies with will one be available when they pick? I have seen 2 guys graded out as 2nd round prospects and if any of the two are there, the Steelers should jump on him. If neither is available, then maybe the best LB or OL on the board. With that said, at least one of the NT guys slides down to us in the 2nd round.

RD 2 - NT

Round 3 - So far we have ignored the LB position and this is the round where we make a move, but only if the big board says so. If a player falls to us, no matter what position, we should take him to better our team. I think there will be quality LB's on the board here, someone who could get playing time this year. Steelers have found quality LB in later rounds, with Foote and Holmes coming to mind. With the 3rd round pick Steelers select the best LB on the board.

RD 3 - LB

Round 4 - I think in this round Steelers seriouly start looking QB. With needs still at all the positions above, I think Pittsburgh selects the best OL available.

RD 4 - OL

5th-7th round
In no particular order the Steelers select QB, LB(inside or out) and WR.

I think FB will be addressed with UDFA

This is just my opinion, feel free to add or subtract to my picks...

pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
pancake
Head Coach

Default Re: My take on the draft

1. Cordy Glenn OG
2. Hebron Fangupo NT
3. Travis Lewis LB
4. Brandon Brooks OL

Just a few guesses
Old 03-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
bac151rum
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 23791

I'm all for offensive line in the first round, but I don't think that we should reach. Kalil, Reiff, and DeCastro will definately be gone. Martin may fall, and Glenn may be there. If its one of these five, then go for it. I don't like Adams for us in the least, and any other O-Linemen we take would be a serious reach.
Everything hinges on that first round. There will be o-linemen comparable to anyone but those top 5 available at the Steelers pick in the second round.
And I've given up on getting mad about picks. Every year they don't take the guy I want when I want them, and we keep being one of the top teams in the league. So they obviously know things I don't know.
But if the first four rounds get two o-linemen, an ILB, and a NT, I will be happy.
bac151rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
pancake
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac151rum View Post
I'm all for offensive line in the first round, but I don't think that we should reach. Kalil, Reiff, and DeCastro will definately be gone. Martin may fall, and Glenn may be there. If its one of these five, then go for it. I don't like Adams for us in the least, and any other O-Linemen we take would be a serious reach.
Everything hinges on that first round. There will be o-linemen comparable to anyone but those top 5 available at the Steelers pick in the second round.
And I've given up on getting mad about picks. Every year they don't take the guy I want when I want them, and we keep being one of the top teams in the league. So they obviously know things I don't know.
But if the first four rounds get two o-linemen, an ILB, and a NT, I will be happy.
My wish list doesn't always come true, but I would be happy if it works out...