Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
Sean95m
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18937
Default Re: Don't Be Too Concerned If We Don't Sign Wallace

If someone sign Wallace then we trade one of our 1st round picks and maybe a 2nd to move up and get a stud nose tackle that everyone says wont drop to us. Then use the other 1st rounder for o-line. If Ben has protection Stallworth could come out of retirement. WR's are a dime a dozen these days. Good nose tackles and O linemen aren't.
I remember when everyone freaked out when we traded that douchebag from Ohio State to the Jets, it turned out pretty well.
Sean95m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #12
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
And it continues. Brown is great, wallace sucks, lol We dont need Wallace he did nothing 2nd half, blah blah blah.

Sanders won't finish the season, mark my words. WARD is not the answer, Crotchery is not a Wallace replacement. They will not sign a top flight WR if Wallace leaves.
If Wallace leaves, you know this how??

Consider me one of those that LOVES Mike's ability to stretch the field, but wouldn't mind the Steelers bringing in a free agent and a 6'3" rookie from the 3rd round to replace him.

Brown, Cotchery, Free Agent, Rookie, Sanders.... with Big Ben throwing them the ball. I'm good with that.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #13
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

1) The Steelers offense will be weaken if Wallace leaves. I don't know how people can say otherwise with a straight face.

2) I'm not concerned if he did leave. The extra first round pick will give the Steelers flexibility in the draft.

3) I still think he stays.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #14
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
They will not upgrade the run game. They have eluded to the fact they will mostlikely go with what they have. they will not sign an impact Olineman. Therefore the run game won't be much better or it will be managable. The steelers are not a run first team. they are a pass first team. The league evolved to a pass first league. They will not buck the trend and run and run some more.

So where do you want to upgrade? The kicker?lol

The DB's played 20 plus yards back against Wallace and his deep routes in the 2nd half, picking up on the line than double teaming him late.
Why is it that people refuse to listen when the announcers pointed this out several times during the games.

Run game is marginal at best, and with the guys we have, although I like Redman, is unproven. Dwyer, unproven. Batch what did he do last year aside from tripping trying to race Sanders to the food line and they both got hurt, lol. Again, unproven. Same Oline, if not potentially weaker as Colon will be in a diff position and Gilbert a different position.
lol, nice logic there. since they won't sign an impact free agent OL they automatically wouldn't address it in the draft...womp wompppp

Chances are they will improve dramatically at both lines if they have an extra 1st rounder. Guards are deep this year, and if we were able to snatch Poe and a guard better than foster both lines will be set with young talent for years.

You are right that they will not address the RB situation, and I for one am perfectly fine with that. By addressing the O-line they are addressing the run game. We don't need to pound the rock 35 times a game like we have a rookie QB in there, we just need to be able to run it effectively.

As for being unproven, redman proved he is a capable NFL RB by being the starting tailback going into the 2012 season. You don't just get handed a gig like that if your coaches don't believe you can do it. All he did last year when he was starting was rip off runs and pound the ball effectively. That's all we need from him next year.

As for playing off Wallace, that is one way to shut him down...the other being physical with him after the catch. He was rattled last year at times, and didn't show the toughness you want from your #1 receiver. Why pay a receiver all this money when teams have blueprinted the way to shut him down? Sorry, not saying he sucks, but saying that his game is one-dimensional to the point he is not worth paying #1 receiver money.

If you don't think Brown is a better overall receiver then

[YOUTUBE]pWdd6_ZxX8c[/YOUTUBE]
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #15
harts
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7323

need wallace
who we gonna get to replace him?
Reggie Wayne = (no speed)
Randy Moss = (I play when I want to)
No rookie is gonna replace him

Wallace Stretches the field
Steelers have been known to only pay a player "so much"
But with the salary cap in place who cares what they pay him - everyone spends the same amount of money (just about)

Wallace is vital especially with the emphasis on this running game (he will demand double teams)
harts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #16
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 1,320 Times in 633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harts View Post
need wallace
who we gonna get to replace him?
Reggie Wayne = (no speed)
Randy Moss = (I play when I want to)
No rookie is gonna replace him

Wallace Stretches the field
Steelers have been known to only pay a player "so much"
But with the salary cap in place who cares what they pay him - everyone spends the same amount of money (just about)

Wallace is vital especially with the emphasis on this running game (he will demand double teams)
Only thing about Wallace that scares me is that if tears an ACL then he COULD lose his blazing speed and then it would be a waste of money and maybe a 1st round pick (Hope to God that never happens tho)....but maybe he can learn to be a better all around receiver
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #17
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
Mike Wallace may not sign with the Steelers. I don't think we will necessarily be worse offensively if we don't sign him.

I was lookin at his receiving stats today. He only had two touchdowns in the red zone. Most of his touchdowns were of the 40+ yard variety.
Brown only had 2 touchdowns period. Same with Heath Miller, Sanders, Ward and Cotchery.

Wallace had the same amount of TDs that all of our other receivers had combined. Pretty embarrassing.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #18
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,431 Posts

This Thread Title Capitalizes Every Word LOL

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #19
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
This Thread Title Capitalizes Every Word LOL
That's what I thought
Old 03-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #20
harts
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7323

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Only thing about Wallace that scares me is that if tears an ACL then he COULD lose his blazing speed and then it would be a waste of money and maybe a 1st round pick (Hope to God that never happens tho)....but maybe he can learn to be a better all around receiver
he still up and coming - so he can improve
I dont get the feeling he will ever be a Hines Ward type of receiver
He just doesnt look that rugged enough

Out an Ups
Deep Ins
Fly Patterns
Thats what we need him for
The over the middle and 5 yard slants save it for someone else

Yes he can tear an ACL as anyone but right now he is the best option
harts is offline   Reply With Quote