Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Lions/Calvin Johnson help Steelers

I have pretty much accepted the fact that Wallace is gone. First he and his agent know what his value is, and with other teams signing Wideouts to huge salaries you can expect them to what the same kind of deals. Next unless the Front Office pulls a rabbit out of the hat we have no cap space to sign any player to a huge deal.

While we may be able to hold him this year, (teams not willing to pay a huge salary AND give up a first round pick), and even franchise him the next year and even the next year, I believe it will cause animosity between Wallace and the FO. This could turn into a DeSean Jackson type of season. I am sorry but I see no way out of a sticky situation. If the Steeler FO pulls off a long term deal then they will have earned the title of miracle workers.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,474 Times in 605 Posts

Am I the only one not fretting about losing Wallace? We've lost many other great receivers that did other things well that Wallace simply can't do right now. Wallace is all speed and that type of wideout only lasts so long. AB is the man to pay IMHO. That dude shows up everywhere, not just 80 yards on the deep ball but is squeaky and silky as ever with YAC.

Keeping Wallace would be awesome for another season, but with these priced JACKED UP for WR's, no way they are worth more than any other position of need on the team. I think Brown and Wallace helps our case in finding another speedy WR in the draft in round 3 or 4 again. Sleeper WR's are out there. And to say Wallace is better than Megatron is a laugh. Megatron eats defense's as a hobby and is a physical and athletic mis-match. Match Wallace's speed, he's average.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #13
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Let other teams ruin their teams by paying these exorbitant salaries to WRs. The salary cap pretty much ensures that teams like Tampa Bay and Detroit cannot afford quality players at the other positions needed to function as a "TEAM". Wallace will only stay here this year if no other teams are out there willing to mortgage their future on one player. But paying a speed player huge dollars that real WRs like Johnson and Jackson make is just plain stupid. Wallace is useless in the red zone because of his smallish size. Johnson and Jackson are absolute beasts. Wallace does not belong in the same conversation with those kind of players.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote