Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed
Default Got to love the Harbaughs, lol

Got to love the Harboughs!

Sitting there saying how much Alex Smith is their man, lol. Smith pushing for a large contract, 49ers holding back. Blah blah... Lo and behold they bring in Manning, lol..
Just like that POS Flacco is Bro's man, without a long term deal no less, lol
(had to get crafty to add Flacco to this conversation lol)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...ek-sources-say.

Now this could play out bad for us. Because they would still have their 1st round pick and not have a valid long ball WR. Pushing Manning to 49ers would qualify the 49ers as having a great QB which is Wallaces criteria(unless someone throws a shitload of money of course). On top of a competing team.

At least it would be the NFC again, lol

Last edited by Curtain_of_Steel; 03-16-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Got to love the Harbaughs, lol

In one of my earlier posts I mentioned the 49ers as a dark horse for Peyton and possibly Wallace also. It just makes sense, you lose Smith and his salary, pick up Peyton and pay him, they are looking for another receiver so they give up their late 1st rounder and sign Wallace. They have cap room I believe, and with their defense, running game, a QB if healthy is top two or three and two young WR and a vet in Moss they could be the media Superbowl favorite next season.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,269 Times in 2,306 Posts

Non Steeler threads belong in the NFL section.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

NON STEELER THREAD?

Seriously? First off Wallce is mentioned, it becomes a Steeler thread due to the discussion that if Peyton went the 49ers Wallace becomes a distinct possiblity of the 49ers signing.

boohoo my post was moved.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,005 Times in 2,117 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I haven't been around for a while, so I can't say much. But I can say this. The thread title:

"Got to love the Harbaughs".

That's a good way to have your thread moved, because it specify's that the content of the post deals with either the Niners or Ravens. Let's not sling shit over it. The NFL forum is being viewed more than usual now by people, your thread will be seen.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

god, i hope Manning would decline that and go with Tennesse or Denver. The Harbaugh connection though is strong...thats what worries me.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

do they have enough money for both Manning and Wallace? Manning wants the same exact contract he signed in Indy last year.. and that contract was HUGE.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Because of illiteracy and quick trigger fingers, I'll try to add the word Steeler in the heading, lol

Manning should never get that contract. Not unless he is willing to line up in front of some top LB's and let them tee off on him to prive he can take a hit. No way that neck is going to hold out after 4 surgeries. No way.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,269 Times in 2,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Because of illiteracy and quick trigger fingers, I'll try to add the word Steeler in the heading, lol

Manning should never get that contract. Not unless he is willing to line up in front of some top LB's and let them tee off on him to prive he can take a hit. No way that neck is going to hold out after 4 surgeries. No way.
Your beginning to tread on thin ice.

Lets look at the title of the article you linked to "49ers in race for Peyton Manning".

Maybe I missed something but I don't see anything to do with the Steelers or Wallace at all in there. Being illiterate and all maybe you can point it out for me.

Quote:
Even before he worked out for the Denver Broncos on Friday, Peyton Manning threw passes for the San Francisco 49ers and underwent a physical exam earlier this week, according to league sources.

The Arizona Cardinals were informed they would be wise to proceed without Manning as a candidate to join the team and will now retain quarterback Kevin Kolb, paying him a $7 million roster bonus due after a Friday deadline of 4 p.m. ET.

That leaves three teams as finalists to sign Manning, including the Tennessee Titans.

Talks with the Miami Dolphins were described as "positive," but he informed them midweek they were not going to be among his finalists, sources said.

Now San Francisco is the sleeper team few were expecting.

Manning worked out for the 49ers on Tuesday night at Duke in Durham, N.C., with coach Jim Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Greg Roman witnessing a passing session that was described by a source as "very impressive" -- enough so that the 49ers sent a doctor to Durham to conduct a physical exam Wednesday.

Once Manning works out for the Titans, the process of football discussions, medical reviews related to his neck surgeries, physical workouts and parameters of a contract will be in place for the quarterback to make a decision on his next team.

There is no known deadline for Manning's decision, but the process has been exhaustive since he was released March 7 by the Colts. Before Friday's visit with Denver, it was Manning who insisted upon working out for the teams, endorsing the integrity of the process.

Manning first visited the Broncos March 9, followed by a visit to the Cardinals, but there were other unreported developments last weekend, such as the Seattle Seahawks parking a jet at an airport in the Denver area in a failed attempt to visit with the quarterback, according to sources.

Manning returned to Indianapolis after his Arizona trip to get an updated MRI on his neck. It was in Indianapolis where he visited with Dolphins coach Joe Philbin and offensive coordinator Mike Sherman. Sources also say Manning had a meeting with Dolphins owner Stephen Ross in Durham, where he has spent time working out at Duke.

The majority of teams that were provided with the latest medical data, including their own physical exams and extensive quality video of Manning's throwing sessions at Duke, had informed the quarterback that it was not necessary for him to physically work out for them.

While contract parameters have been discussed, extensive negotiations involving contract language also must be completed. Sources say that Manning will provide any team that signs him with appropriate financial protection in the event he suffers a setback related to his prior neck injuries.

Rock Cartwright, the former Raiders and Redskins running back and special teams standout who signed a one-year contract with the 49ers on Friday, still believes Alex Smith will be the 49ers' starting quarterback -- or at least he's speaking as if that's the case.

"I think Alex is a great guy. I think we've got a great quarterback in Alex," Cartwright said, according to The Associated Press. "Whoever is there, we'll be there to support him. Right now Alex is the guy."

The 49ers had been working to re-sign Smith, the No. 1 overall draft pick in 2005 who made a comeback in 2011 under first-year coach and former NFL QB Harbaugh, and Smith has acknowledged he was happy with the three-year offer.

Manning and Smith both are represented by agent Tom Condon and CAA Sports.

Neither Davis nor running back Frank Gore had been told by the 49ers they were pursuing Manning. Both have publicly supported Smith during his up-and-down seven-year tenure with the franchise.

When asked if Smith is still the man, Gore said, "I think he is."

The NFC West champion 49ers on Monday signed wide receiver Randy Moss after he spent a year out of football, hoping he will be the dynamic wideout and deep threat of his past to open up the field.

The addition of Cartwright, who played the past two seasons with the Oakland Raiders, should help fill a void left after Blake Costanzo signed a two-year contract with the Chicago Bears on Tuesday.

"Rock has been a standout special teams contributor, who has also shown versatility at the running back position," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said. "He has all of the intangibles that we look for in a 49er."

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN. Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Tread on thin ice? Its a crisp 70 degree's here. No ice

The Wallace comment was added by me, in regard to how a Manning signing in SF, could push for them to bring in a WR like Wallace.

Perhaps you need to light up chief. You have bigger issues with Spam etc littering this message board than quarranting threads about football.