Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #31
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,081 Posts
Default Re: When is Ryan Clark going to shut up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Walk away nothing to see here. I said "KEEP WALKING".
Ric, I actually find this an interesting read with my morning coffee.
Now I am gonna go see what James Harrison is tweeting about on Bounty-gate.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #32
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #33
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
Yes, you wouldn't see this type of stuff under Cowher. Tomlin is more of a players coach, which is fine, but maybe he needs to reinforce what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. This goes past the Miami Dolphins, who cares about them, it goes to discipline and professionalism which we are supposed to be all about.

You're right. You would experience more lost home AFCCG's and favoritism toward's veterans like Bettis who shouldve left three seasons before he did.

Yeah, Bill Cowher really knew how to rein in Joey Porter. Porter never fought on the field or yapped it up about other teams to the media. Porter never tried to fight Ray lewis in the parking lot. Noooo Joey Porter was a saint compared to Ryan Clark. Cowher, the messiah of team discipline. Get that chit out of here.

jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #34
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
who the **** are you? when the hell are you going to shut up? so clark cant judge other football teams? why dont you focus on your work/school/family and quit judging football players? quit wasting time on the internet (just like you demand from ryan).

im sure theres a mop you need to push, a dr. seuss book you need to read, or parents calling that you need to answer.

get over it. all this "class" shit you talk is overrated myth and hyperbole anyways. i bet youre one of the steelerfans who think the steelers are above and beyond all other teams because of "class" and all 31 teams suck like thugs.
Lol, and I'm sure you can go back to your same old boring your not going anywhere life, but the Steelers are a passionate hobby of mine. I'm wasting my time on the internet because how? Its not like I was following the guy's twitter, I read this in a news story that is also in the USA today. It also looks like you spend a lot more of your time on these forums then I do, so if I'm wasting my life I don't know what you're doing man. Also I didn't know I'm the only one who perceived the Pittsburgh Steelers as a classy organization. Looks like years of media recognition, and the perception that the Steelers as one of the most outstanding classiest organizations in the NFL was all for not. Hell with your logic the Jets and Rex Ryan are just as classy as us! Also I'm a fan, so I can judge the players how I wish because thats what fans do. But Clark represents the Steelers. Your intelligence is laughable.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #35
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,050 Times in 1,789 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Your an idiot and not seeing my point at all. I could care less Clark said something about the Dolphins or Duke. All I am saying is that I do not like unnecessary press related to our football team. Let the Jets, Redskins, and Cowboys take care of all that but I see the Steelers being better than that. We are a model NFL franchise, and it should stay that way. With that being said the recent trend of players like Clark saying anything they want doesn't bode well for our organization. We have to change this trend for the sake of this organization. How did it look for us last year when Harrison made those comments about our football team to that magazine? Not good, unnecessary press usually doesn't go well for a football team and just causes distractions . So even with little things like this, we have to start setting a standard to just keep quiet and play football like we have done so well in the past. Maybe you just don't have the mental capacity to understand this. (Waits for you to respond with waaaahhhh)
Holy hell man, relax. Take a chill pill, eat some fiber crackers. Your overreacting to a degree that i'm unable to measure. We're not NEARLY as bad off with our players than some other teams out their, Jet's being one, and Clark was our best defensive player last year. What do you want to do? Spank them?? Trust me, we talked a hell of a lot more shit in the years we won the SuperBowl, and their wasn't any complaining then.

Also, lay off the personal attacks

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #36
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,198 Times in 3,492 Posts

your vagina is equally laughable. clark speaks the truth. grow a pair and accept it, and quit acting like such a sensitive sissy-la-la.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #37
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
You're right. You would experience more lost home AFCCG's and favoritism toward's veterans like Bettis who shouldve left three seasons before he did.

Yeah, Bill Cowher really knew how to rein in Joey Porter. Porter never fought on the field or yapped it up about other teams to the media. Porter never tried to fight Ray lewis in the parking lot. Noooo Joey Porter was a saint compared to Ryan Clark. Cowher, the messiah of team discipline. Get that chit out of here.

Don't even try to argue that Tomlin is more of a disciplinarian than Cowher, never said Cowher was perfect but he definitely had more control over his players than Tomlin did.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #38
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Lol, and I'm sure you can go back to your same old boring your not going anywhere life, but the Steelers are a passionate hobby of mine. I'm wasting my time on the internet because how? Its not like I was following the guy's twitter, I read this in a news story that is also in the USA today. It also looks like you spend a lot more of your time on these forums then I do, so if I'm wasting my life I don't know what you're doing man. Also I didn't know I'm the only one who perceived the Pittsburgh Steelers as a classy organization. Looks like years of media recognition, and the perception that the Steelers as one of the most outstanding classiest organizations in the NFL was all for not. Hell with your logic the Jets and Rex Ryan are just as classy as us! Also I'm a fan, so I can judge the players how I wish because thats what fans do. But Clark represents the Steelers. Your intelligence is laughable.
This story was in U.S.A. Today? Really??

People obviously are running out of things to talk about, and with your logic, Joey Porter should have had his ass-wiped with gold as a member of COWHER'S Steelers team.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #39
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Don't even try to argue that Tomlin is more of a disciplinarian than Cowher, never said Cowher was perfect but he definitely had more control over his players than Tomlin did.
I'm citing this. I'd like you to prove it, if at all possible. Ben Roethlisberger once said that he was happy with Tomlin in the sense that he doesn't "get yelled at all the time", or something to the nature. That doesn't mean there's a lack of discipline, that just means the coach has a cool head and doesn't need to make an ass of himself to get a point across to his players. I'm glad Tomlin doesn't spit and flex his chin on the sidelines every time someone screw's up.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #40
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

Quote:
You said "This wouldn't happen under Cowher" I begged to differ, and brought facts to the table. If Cowher wouldve stayed, Joey Porter wouldve gotten an extension and stayed too.

YOu said nothing about who was more of a disciplinarian.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote