Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

View Poll Results: Keep Wallace or Let him Walk for the draft pick?
Keep Him and Pay the money 17 51.52%
Hope someone pays him and give me the draft pick 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
Default Re: Steelers taking calculated risk with Wallace

The Patsies may rack up draft picks but their drafts suck. They seem to want to keep trading those picks during the draft but never do anything with them. They just pile up picks for the next year that they trade in the next draft. What they do seems ludicrous to me. Without Brady on that team they wouldn't come close to breaking .500 or sniffing the playoffs with the horrid drafts they keep coming up with.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
The Patsies may rack up draft picks but their drafts suck. They seem to want to keep trading those picks during the draft but never do anything with them. They just pile up picks for the next year that they trade in the next draft. What they do seems ludicrous to me. Without Brady on that team they wouldn't come close to breaking .500 or sniffing the playoffs with the horrid drafts they keep coming up with.
Honestly...How good do you think we are without BR 7? 8-8?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #13
SteelCity4Life
Starter

Member Number: 23950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
if we lose wallace i see either 2 things happening

cotch gets resigned to a multi-year deal

or

we draft a running back in rds 1-3, and emphasise more on a running game

best case scenario is we keep wallace and nobody else outbids us, but i don't think that'll be happening. i don't think the patriots will go after him though tbh. they have way too many holes on defense that need to be addressed. not to mention they already have welker, gronk, and hernandez. their offense really does not have a need for playmakers at wr. if anything the main thing that will make their offense downright scary is a good running back
That's exactly what I was thinking. Tom Brady to whomever receiver is all I see when it comes to big plays. I haven't even heard one big name of a RB from their team.

Yes, also, their defense is visibly suffering. Lol, lets not cry over it though!

Win, loss, or tie; Steeler faithful till I die!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #14
pancake
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
What if a team made an offer that was like for a 15 million roster bonus but only a per year rate of 1 million per year for 5 years. It would be a 5 year 20 million dollar deal (4 mil per) and the Steelers couldn't match it because of the huge roster bonus. A team would get Wallace for like 4 mil per year and Wallace would be stuck playing for that unless he can refuse to sign that. By refusing he must play for the steelers at around 3 mil.for one year, which would be ironic but bad in the long run as he would become an UFA the next year and we would lose him and not get anything but a compensatory pick in return. One of the negatives for Wallace is the offer from another team is non negotiable.

Patriots could be outbid by a team overpaying Wallace. San Francisco and even Chicago a more desperate team for a wideout could make crazy offers to Wallace. New England won't break the bank in regards to Wallace or anyone not named Brady.
Bonuses are prorated, so Steelers could easily match that offer.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #15
Set-Man
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Like whom? The only player I can think of recently that we "lost" who was actually a serious contributor was Holmes who has since turned into a clubhouse cancer with the Jets.
Who have we "lost" well,

Steve Courson, 50, was killed outside his Farmington, Pa., home in November while trying to remove a 44-foot tree from his property. The former guard was crushed while apparently trying to save his dog, after a gust of wind changed the direction of the falling tree. His black Labrador retriever was found alive, tangled in Courson's legs.

In March 2005, David Little was bench-pressing weights alone at his Miami home when the coroner determined he suffered a heart arrhythmia, causing the 46-year-old former linebacker to drop a 250-pound barbell on his chest. The bar rolled across his neck and suffocated him.

Terry Long, 45, an offensive guard whose eight-year career was derailed by a positive test for steroids, committed suicide in Pittsburgh in June 2005 by drinking antifreeze. Twice divorced, he had serious legal problems stemming from his failed food-processing business and had made two previous suicide attempts.

The youngest of the Steelers to die was 36-year-old Justin Strzelczyk, a tackle who had a series of run-ins with the law after he retired. He died after a 40-mile, high-speed chase on the New York Thruway in September 2004. Driving his Ford F-250 pickup at speeds in excess of 100 mph, Strzelczyk made obscene gestures and tossed beer bottles at the police following him. The chase came to a fiery end when, while on the wrong side of the road, he slammed into a tanker truck.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Steve Courson, 50, was killed outside his Farmington, Pa., home in November while trying to remove a 44-foot tree from his property. The former guard was crushed while apparently trying to save his dog, after a gust of wind changed the direction of the falling tree. His black Labrador retriever was found alive, tangled in Courson's legs.
Very sad and tragic. Just a little earlier in the year that he died, Steve came to my school and was a guest speaker. He was full of life and energy and proposed a strong message. He really seemed to enjoy life and had a knack at pubic speaking. He really connected with his audience and relayed his message nicely. If I remember correctly, it was about taking care of your body and not abusing steroids or any other type of drug, the life he had walked.

Was pretty weird to learn sometime later he died while being crushed by a tree while saving his dog. Sad story.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #17
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

I am unsure about Wallace, but with the Rooney saying Wallace was the number one priority and after Ward was released today, I dont see why everybody thinks we will lose him. Its the one player recently that the owner has spoke out about keeping, I am sure we at least have a solid shot at keeping him.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #18
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Bonuses are prorated, so Steelers could easily match that offer.
A Roster Bonus I believe is not pro-rated so that is why the Steelers would not be able to match it and that is what poses the most danger for the Steelers.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #19
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post

Pats qb position isn't hard at all. 8 seconds in the pocket to throw a ball 7 yards. As long as they have a Solid line they'll be successful with or without Brady. Cassel went 11-5 not playing a down since highschool.

Defenses just need to learn how to stop that dink and dunk shit. If they get a legit deep threat like Wallace to stretch the field, their offense will be unstoppable. It almost already is.

Even though I hate the pats with a passion I think they draft well. They'll keep letting those picks roll over until they have enough to trade up 3 times in one draft or own the whole thing all together. Then we'll have another 15 years of listening to how great these scumbags are.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #20
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Honestly...How good do you think we are without BR 7? 8-8?
We went 15-1 with a rookie Ben, and I think we are something like 6-2 or 7-2 or something without him since then. What were you thinking? Did you think the Steelers suck, but have a god-like QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Pats qb position isn't hard at all. 8 seconds in the pocket to throw a ball 7 yards. As long as they have a Solid line they'll be successful with or without Brady. Cassel went 11-5 not playing a down since highschool.

Defenses just need to learn how to stop that dink and dunk shit. If they get a legit deep threat like Wallace to stretch the field, their offense will be unstoppable. It almost already is.

Even though I hate the pats with a passion I think they draft well. They'll keep letting those picks roll over until they have enough to trade up 3 times in one draft or own the whole thing all together. Then we'll have another 15 years of listening to how great these scumbags are.
But they really don't draft that well at all, especially not the last five or six years. So far as I can tell, they are getting one starter and one decent backup out of every draft, which is what even the worst team in the league gets (if they want to save face, that is).