Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Keep Wallace or Let him Walk for the draft pick?
Keep Him and Pay the money 17 51.52%
Hope someone pays him and give me the draft pick 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #31
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
Default Re: Pats can afford Wallace and a lot more.

Makes me hate the Cheatriots even more
Old 03-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #32
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464

the report is wrong and the article is wishfull thinking... every site I have went to has pats around 20 mil or so under the cap but that was before the welker deal... so at this point they are 10 or so and like everyone else need to sign draft picks.. not to mention someone might want to spend some money on Def..lol they were only 32nd in the league and the main reason they lost the superbowl... The guy behind the article is full and clear a major pats fan on bleacher report
Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #33
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,585 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraydim View Post
it's likely .
i don't think it's gonna happen. even though they made the super bowl they have way too many holes to think WR. If they were smart, they would either spend that money making their defense at least decent, or complete their offense with a good running back, instead of adding a wr. their passing game is already lethal, adding a WR would still make them 1 dimensional. Now if their offense had a real running back, they would just be crazy good. For those who say the pats don't have a big play threat, they do. I believe hernandez and gronk are what you call big play threats, you don't have to run a 4.3 to be put in that category. You just have to have the tools to beat the people covering you, and both of those men are mismatches against most, if not all, NFL linebackers and safeties.

chicago is probably the most likely candidate, they're lacking at WR. matt forte can't do it all by himself
Old 03-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #34
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

If the Pats are smart, they will go for Mario Williams instead of Wallace.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #35
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

Welker getting top 5 money, the two TEs eventually, i find it hard seeing the Pats paying almost 30 mil just on 4 recievers at some point, unless they plan on letting welker or hernandez go in the future.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #36
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,765 Times in 2,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Steelers get a 1st rounder worst case. Steelers are 11 for 11 in the first round the last 11 picks, so, if it happens, so be it. No top receivers should get more then 7 million a year, less Jerry Rice or Randy Moss in their primes. Especially now. Receivers are a luxury not a necessity.
wallace is approaching his prime. no other wr has had a more productive first 3 years in the league than wallace (other than rice and moss).

anyone following the pats know they change their offensive philosophy every 2-4 years (right when their opponents have drafted and thinkthey are ready to stop them).

if the pats gets wallace they wont have to shell out top money for 2 tight ends and can trade 1 for 2 first rounders to some schmuck team like the raiders...

thats how they operate.

or the pats can go out and waste a bunch of money on an adalius thomas type player (their big money free agent signings of defensive players have typically been about as disappointing as their booty of draft picks).
Old 03-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #37
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464

pats are not going after wallace... its just not gonna happen... they are 32nd in D.. Their O is not the problem... Scoring points is not the problem... Its all about the D and they know it
Old 03-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #38
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Blah blah blah. They aren't giving up a 1st rounder. Not how they do things. They do the exact opposite every year. The stock draft picks. Wallace is ours this year and we lose him or Brown next. Sucks but true.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #39
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

If you're worried about losing Wallace, they have you where they want you. The FO isn't worried, they could've cut more ppl and franchised him. They did'nt and I trust that. Especially when they have the ... to cut the old farts who meant alot.

And quit tryingto take away from A. Browns ability. You don't get 1000 because the other guy is getting a double team. In that case Pettigrew would have 1000yds for Detroit. Who's getting the double team out of Cruz and Nicks. Both are good WR's. That double team BS is straight from a blog and its HYPE.

Do yourself a favor and go get NFL Replay and tell me if Brown doesn't make the catches that Wallace drops...
Double team or not.

Bye Mike Wallace, I appreciate your efforts with the Steelers. My team will be fine with the 1st round compensation. The Steelers FO thinks that they'll be fine without him, and so do I. Mikle Tomlin is a better evaluator of WR's than Cowher. Sweed was an injured BUST
Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #40
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
Blah blah blah. They aren't giving up a 1st rounder. Not how they do things. They do the exact opposite every year. The stock draft picks. Wallace is ours this year and we lose him or Brown next. Sucks but true.
I've been saying that all year. No one is giving yup a huge contract AND a 1st rounder.
Closed Thread