Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: Keep Wallace or Let him Walk for the draft pick?
Keep Him and Pay the money 17 51.52%
Hope someone pays him and give me the draft pick 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #601
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: The Official Mike Wallace Thread

Blah blah blah, let the greedy prick walk. If he wants to have that attitude about things I hope he gos to a dump team and he disappears from the limelight forever. Remember all the attention and big plays Randy Moss got when he played for the Raiders?

Me neither......

I hope he gets traded so we can get a better pick or multiple picks in future rounds or seasons.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #602
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Mike Wallace won’t show up for OTA’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
With Mike Wallace's off-season attention, new articles are written about him every day, much of them containing information with no real news, just recycled and re-worded news from the days before. Now, with no-news articles about Wallace comes articles with actual significance. We just decided to keep ALL Mike Wallace articles in one spot this off-season, because there'll be something new to post every day, and it makes no sense having nine topics on the same guy, all discussing the same thing: His off-season activity.

This is the third or fourth time you've had something sarcastic to say about this. It's very puzzling to me.
this is a little different. its stating he will not show for OTA;s. were not going to start combining every thread on certain players during the season now are we? i understand that alot deserved to be merged here but not when the topic is different. yes same player but different topic. io would hate to have to go back and merge every single thread over the years that talk about Ben Rothlisberger
Old 04-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #603
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

If Wallace wants to hold out then let him, I hope they don't cave to his demands. I love Mike and he is great with this offense but he is not bigger than the team, others have found this out (bye Santo and Plax).
Here's a thought, if he is not signed by say this draft then trade his rights to a WR needy team like Jax, miami or Tampa for thier second round and maybe a 5th round pick right before the draft. Let him go somewhere else and then let him realize what he has in the "burgh
Old 04-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #604
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
this is a little different. its stating he will not show for OTA;s. were not going to start combining every thread on certain players during the season now are we? i understand that alot deserved to be merged here but not when the topic is different. yes same player but different topic. io would hate to have to go back and merge every single thread over the years that talk about Ben Rothlisberger
This is merely an off-season thing when it comes to Wallace. There's new things coming up on him every day, and we decided to start merging threads into one to prevent an overload of threads on the same guy. We won't continue merging everything into one thread once the season get's going, as there'll obviously be a lot more to talk about then. I understand this article is more of significance than other's on Wallace, but it's really nothing we didn't see coming. Or at least something I and a lot of other people didn't see coming.

Pretty sure we'll cut out the merging once he inks his name, which I believe will be soon. It's the same thing with Arians. Their was a new thread every day on him needing to be fired, and eventually it was all merged and an "official" thread was created. Only difference here is there's not much of a chance that any major moves will be made with Wallace and the need to have an official thread on him will no longer be necessary.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #605
micraydim
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18601
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Steelers taking calculated risk with Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
i will throw a freakin party if carolina signs him
haha . I dont think he would go to Carolina .
Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #606
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
We just decided to keep ALL Mike Wallace articles in one spot this off-season, because there'll be something new to post every day, and it makes no sense having nine topics on the same guy, all discussing the same thing: His off-season activity.

This is the third or fourth time you've had something sarcastic to say about this. It's very puzzling to me.
Wow, I guess I absolutely HAVE to spell it out for you.

The thread I started was the first article that NFL.com posted regarding why teams were not immediately jumping on Wallace, and also compared his abilities to Antonio Brown, who is also set to become a hot commodity. Now you guys may have seen discussions like this transpiring in these forums well ahead of the fact......like maybe even a year ago......but there had never been an official article from the NFL outlining these very considerations.

You guys could even have gotten a little self-congratulatory in that thread, knowing full well that your community had been scooping major sports news organizations for quite some time now on the subject, but instead decided that it was pretty generic information by relegating into Mike Wallace's basement even though the article wasn't exclusively about him. To prove my point here are the only 2 replies that had a chance to come in before it was abrubtly moved:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
I think that Wallace and his agent thought there would be some kind of frenzy over him instead of crickets chirping. Must be frustrating.
He'll play here this year...leave the next.

And i agree...Brown will end up being a much hotter commodity and he seems like a much nicer guy to boot.
And, in response to that statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
I agree, I just wish they would sign him to a long term deal now instead of waiting. If you have a good player, do everything you can to keep them.

I think the only people that aren't starting to see Wallace for what he is is him and his agent. He is a good player, but IMO way, way, way overrated.
Notice that both poasters are talking about Brown here, in addition to Wallace, just like the NFL article......this is what the thread (and the article) was meant to do, not just get lumped in with his-highness Mike Wallace. If anything, the thread could have been merged with the "Brown vs Wallace" thread, but I still think it would've detracted from the significance of NFL.com acknowledging this subject for the first time. I think you guys are just too trigger happy to be "parents" about this Wallace thing, and might be inadvertently squashing good conversations on the matter.

And, in case you're still confused about my sarcasm, the 2 threads since then that've been merged into this one, and I've commented about being solo, had Wallace exclusively as it's subject matter, and was not merged as quickly. You started me down this path with your quick trigger finger, so prepare to hear about it every time you're not as fast about something more applicable.

PS.......moving redundant threads about identical news articles is fine with me, but if news organizations did the same thing you guys did with their headlines then they'd go out of business.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #607
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,417 Times in 2,369 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #608
rcoplien
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17275

I think he should sign and see how he is for another year. He should not be getting this greedy with being only a year away from being a free agent. They guy is one of the fastest in the NFL but as far as blocking like Hines Ward goes he is basically a feather on the field!!. He can't block well and when he does get hit he goes flying.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #609
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
same player but different topic. io would hate to have to go back and merge every single thread over the years that talk about Ben Rothlisberger
And strong with this one as well.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #610
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
This is merely an off-season thing when it comes to Wallace. There's new things coming up on him every day, and we decided to start merging threads into one to prevent an overload of threads on the same guy. We won't continue merging everything into one thread once the season get's going, as there'll obviously be a lot more to talk about then. I understand this article is more of significance than other's on Wallace, but it's really nothing we didn't see coming. Or at least something I and a lot of other people didn't see coming.

Pretty sure we'll cut out the merging once he inks his name, which I believe will be soon. It's the same thing with Arians. Their was a new thread every day on him needing to be fired, and eventually it was all merged and an "official" thread was created. Only difference here is there's not much of a chance that any major moves will be made with Wallace and the need to have an official thread on him will no longer be necessary.
As long as the story or topic is different then lets leave it alone from here on out. I understand that alot of people posted threads stating the same thing and it needed to be merged but some deserve there own thread to keep things separate. Were not about to start a separate thread on each player were we can only post about them there are we? Were slow in the offseason and a few more threads may liven this place up. I'm not trying to be a dick just stating my opinion
I think you do a hell of a job here and respect your opinion