Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #21
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default Re: Hines Ward didn't bring up Big Ben once during retirement PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPsteelers View Post
But he did bring up Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart. From ED B
Good. It's well understood Ben's a douche-bag.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerindc View Post
I don't think Hines has ever been accused twice of sexual assault. If you bring up the DUI, I betcha everyone one of us could've had the same thing happen to us at one time or another.

Also, Hines had already been in the league before Ben, so Ben doesn't get all the credit for 1000 rec. or the 12,000yards.

A douche is the last thing you could call Hines.
Sorry you would lose that bet. I for one an a temperate man and even if I did drink I would not drive, especially if I had the money Hines had to afford either a cab or limo or driver.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #23
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,306 Times in 1,021 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Ben the person is a douche-bag
but Ben the player i wouldn't want to trade him for anybody
And Hines did thank his TEAMMATES
Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #24
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

The most obvious friction between the two came after Roethlisberger's "big receiver comments" right before they drafted Sweed. So I guess that is 08? I always suspected there was tension there.
The whole "Hines couldn't do it without Ben" thing is wrong. The best qb in Superbowl XL for the Steelers was ARE. He threw the only td pass. Ben had 123 yards and 2 ints. The Steelers did win that game without Ben. Try to keep some perspective here. Is Roethlisberger vastly superior to Stewart and Maddox? Absolutely. Did Roethlisberger put his team in a position to have a chance to win Superbowls? Definitely. Was Roethlisberger a factor in winning Superbowl XL? Not a chance. Nobody remembers second place... unless it's Mike Holmgren.
Hines Ward did everything he could to make his team better and that is all you can ask of an invdividual football player. He has no control over who his qb is.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #25
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

One could say being caught while under the influence is attempted murder when behind the wheel. Also one would say, he was a dumb F for doing it. But was he convicted of it? Nope! Did he plead out than tweeted out? Yup because he is a dumb F. What was Hines thinking when he got behind the wheel? "Im hines ward I can drink and drive"? What is the difference than what Ben did or didn't do.

Was Ben convicted or PLEADEd to a lessor charge? Now that I seen. Is Ben doing Community service? Don't think so.

Was Hines drinking? Yup, eyes glossed over, probably with a big old smile, right up till the cop said walk the line bitch, I dont care who you are as I'm a ravens fan, lol

How about Hines is a drunk? If Ben is a douchebag for bopping 2 girls, than Hines is a drunk and probably drinks a drives everyday? Right? Story can go each way.

Did Ben bop 2 gals? Probably.. Proof he raped them? Zero. In fact one said he didn't rape her, and the other texted out she hoped to be making a mini burger.

Dam, social media sucks, lol.

But Bens a douchebag right? Gulty of being elevated to God stature for his success here, which went to his head and problems occurred.

Bring back Bubby, lol.. I want Maddox, Get Kordell out of the back seat... Are you kidding me?What did either of those 3 do here? Nothing. Superbowls count, and only 2 QBS have delivered, despite having good teams under the other QBs.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #26
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Lloyd,

So hines got pissed becuase Ben inadvertantly and not dirextly called him short?lol Has Hines ever stood in front of a full lenght mirror and his head was cut off? lol He is shorter than a tall WR. Fact.

So now its all Hines, did someone have to pass him the ball at all during any of his games? Talk about god like stture... But I guess thats why he feels like he can drink and drive.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #27
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Sorry you would lose that bet. I for one an a temperate man and even if I did drink I would not drive, especially if I had the money Hines had to afford either a cab or limo or driver.
-----Is there any one here who could not afford a cab home? Hines made a bad choice. Hopefully he can learn from his mistake. It has nothing to do with money. I am not sure why you would bring that up. Sure, you have never made a bad choice so it is hard for you to understand Hine's error, but there are those of us who have.
-----To me drinking and driving is more about control. Ie not relying on someone else to get you home, and believing you are in control of your body and not subject to the adverse effects of alcohol. Of course you could end up taking someone's life or your own but nobody allows that possibility to enter into their mind. Being wealthy and in control of his life in a major way probably contributed to Hine's drinking and driving. Hope this helps you understand what it is about. (Also Ward had a passenger who had only had two drinks but chose not to let him drive ie. control.)
Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #28
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

So it was ok Hines was drinking and driving? Because thats basically what you just said.

People are berating Ben, calling him a douchebag etc, because they "heard" he did this, "heard he treated people like that"...

Its a 2 way street isn't it? Or hines geta a free pass, because he smiles when he drops a key pass across the middle?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #29
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Lloyd,

So hines got pissed becuase Ben inadvertantly and not dirextly called him short?lol Has Hines ever stood in front of a full lenght mirror and his head was cut off? lol He is shorter than a tall WR. Fact.

So now its all Hines, did someone have to pass him the ball at all during any of his games? Talk about god like stture... But I guess thats why he feels like he can drink and drive.
Would it then be ok if Hines had said he wants a different qb, maybe a pocket passer that can quickly make decisions and get the ball out on time? Or would that undermine the leadership on the team?

Ben's stats in his 3 superbowls combined- 642 yards 3 tds 5 ints.
Qbs of other teams in 3 superbowls combined- 954 yards 7 tds 2 ints.
And please keep in mind the other qbs were playing against one of the best defenses in the history of the NFL. Ben has never outperformed the other team's quarterback in the superbowl. Somehow he is credited by many people with being the sole reason for Pittsburgh's success. I will admit it is hard for me to understand. I don't put people on a pedestal.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #30
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
So it was ok Hines was drinking and driving? Because thats basically what you just said.

People are berating Ben, calling him a douchebag etc, because they "heard" he did this, "heard he treated people like that"...

Its a 2 way street isn't it? Or hines geta a free pass, because he smiles when he drops a key pass across the middle?
-----I never said it was ok for Hines Ward to drink and drive. In fact I said that drinking and driving puts the lives of the driver and the public at risk. I am trying to make the point that Hines being wealthy makes him more likely to drink and drive not less likely. Also the poster who made it seem that rich people drinking and driving is a more egregious offense than poor people drinking and driving is engaging in moral relativism. Drinking and driving is always wrong. If you can afford gas, insurance, a vehicle and its associated upkeep, not to mention nights out on the town paying for overpriced alcohol, you can afford to take a cab.
-----Oher than that I will keep my opinions about off-field behaviour to myself because they are ascerbic rather than constructive. My issue with Ben is how is on-field performance is grossly overrated.