Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #41
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: Hines Ward didn't bring up Big Ben once during retirement PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I brought it up because the poster said we all have been in those situations, I can honestly say I have not. But if people want to split hairs I see no difference between Ben being ACCUSED of rape and Hines pleading himself out of a DUI conviction. Why is it Ben is considered guilty of these accusations when not even enough evidence could support an arrest and yet Hines gets a pass on a DUI which by the grace of the almighty did not turn into a Stallworth situation. I am just saying we are all human and make mistakes yet people here love to point out our QB's more readily than others.
Trust me buddy, if Hines was full of off the field shenanigans like Ben he'd be getting the finger pointing and criticism in this thread. History proves to me that Hines is a MUCH better PERSON than Ben will ever grow to be.

I've never met a single person that drinks that hasn't at least one time drove home with a questionable BAL. Also I've never met a sexually active person that has double or single rape accusations. Yes, he was never convicted of anything but neither was OJ. And we all know the truth behind that, Ray Lewis was never convicted of anything and every season I read multiple posts about how he's a murderer.

Bottom line is, Bens a bozo. Hines probably didn't mention Ben cause he didn't want to be associated with him in such a personal, emotional matter. Plain and simple, Ben didn't earn the respect of a respected man.

Now that Starx is probably gone, Ben ain't gonna have no one to hug and high five after a TD........ And thats cause he's a disliked douchebag.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #42
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,043 Times in 550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I'm am not at all surprised, lol.
Hi.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 AM   #43
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Hi.
Howdy!

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #44
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Also I've never met a sexually active person that has double or single rape accusations. Yes, he was never convicted of anything but neither was OJ. And we all know the truth behind that, Ray Lewis was never convicted of anything and every season I read multiple posts about how he's a murderer.
Roethlisberger was never arrested or criminally charged with anything either, unlike OJ or Ray Lewis. Kind of an important difference. I guess this means that Harrison is a douchebag, since he was actually arrested for assaulting his girlfriend and pled guilty to the charges.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:39 AM   #45
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Roethlisberger was never arrested or criminally charged with anything either, unlike OJ or Ray Lewis. Kind of an important difference. I guess this means that Harrison is a douchebag, since he was actually arrested for assaulting his girlfriend and pled guilty to the charges.
It's blatantly obvious he has a hard-on for anything negative with Ben. There's no winning this argument. Hopefully Ben got his period of stupidity over with and he won't have a Brett Favre moment and get busted sending out pictures of his extra belly button to young women. Brett Favre happens to be the greatest statistical QB of all time, and 40, lol. He still hasn't grown up.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:54 AM   #46
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
-----Sure, Harrison slapping his girlfriend in the face when he is a 250 pound man with a 500 pound bench press is a douchebag move.Did you think this was a valid comparison or that someone would say that this is not douchebaggery? Harrison confessed to police immediately. We know he did it is your only point. If Harrison had not confessed, you would have said she was just after his money.
-----Hell, Harrison saying the President should come visit the Steelers and not have the Steelers go to him was a douchebag move. Harrison is a crazy guy. I guess you can chalk that comment up to the audacity of hope. Btw Harrison is great. Love me some Deebo!
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #47
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
It's blatantly obvious he has a hard-on for anything negative with Ben. There's no winning this argument. Hopefully Ben got his period of stupidity over with and he won't have a Brett Favre moment and get busted sending out pictures of his extra belly button to young women. Brett Favre happens to be the greatest statistical QB of all time, and 40, lol. He still hasn't grown up.
-----Do me a favour and type "Ben wants Hines back" into google search. What comes up is "Ben wants Cotchery back." Cotchery is Ward's replacement as we all know. Ben and Hines don't get along and never have. If I had to pick a side it is a no brainer- Hines all the way. The fact that Ben lobbied to keep Arians (and was probably the only reason Arians stayed last year), and keep Cotchery (Ward's replacement) and did not lobby to keep Hines who he has played his entire career with speaks volumes.
-----Ben left a phone message to congratulate Hines Ward on his entire career. He apparently has never heard of calling back. It is a good thing Todd Haley found time to call Ben in between moving his entire family across the country and starting a new job or they still wouldn't have spoken. Ben Roethlisberger is a great quarterback with extremely limited phone skills.
-----Of course, the media stated without bias that Ben wanted Cotchery back and that Haley was first to call Ben- I formed my own interpretation of these events.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #48
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
-----Sure, Harrison slapping his girlfriend in the face when he is a 250 pound man with a 500 pound bench press is a douchebag move.Did you think this was a valid comparison or that someone would say that this is not douchebaggery? Harrison confessed to police immediately. We know he did it is your only point. If Harrison had not confessed, you would have said she was just after his money.
You have no idea what I'd say, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. The fact that his girlfriend had marks on her face, you know, physical evidence, indicates to me that Harrison was guilty as charged regardless whether he denied it or not. As far as the guilt of Roethlisberger, all we have is one woman who didn't say anything for a year and then filed a civil suit, never went to the police, and bragged to at least one coworker about sleeping with him, not to mention whose mental stability in general was highly questionable, and another who was donning a down to f*ck tee shirt, was too drunk to remember anything and who changed her story at least twice. Real damning evidence there.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #49
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
-----Do me a favour and type "Ben wants Hines back" into google search. What comes up is "Ben wants Cotchery back." Cotchery is Ward's replacement as we all know. Ben and Hines don't get along and never have. If I had to pick a side it is a no brainer- Hines all the way. The fact that Ben lobbied to keep Arians (and was probably the only reason Arians stayed last year), and keep Cotchery (Ward's replacement) and did not lobby to keep Hines who he has played his entire career with speaks volumes.
-----Ben left a phone message to congratulate Hines Ward on his entire career. He apparently has never heard of calling back. It is a good thing Todd Haley found time to call Ben in between moving his entire family across the country and starting a new job or they still wouldn't have spoken. Ben Roethlisberger is a great quarterback with extremely limited phone skills.
-----Of course, the media stated without bias that Ben wanted Cotchery back and that Haley was first to call Ben- I formed my own interpretation of these events.
First of all, you quoted a post that wasn't directed your way.

-Cotchery is 29 years old, I find it funny you believe him to be Ward's replacement. Prove to me that he is

-Are you really going to start an argument over Ben not calling back? How do you know he didn't, hell, for all we know they may have had dinner!

Dude, your making mountains out of molehills.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:52 AM   #50
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Quote:
You have no idea what I'd say, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. The fact that his girlfriend had marks on her face, you know, physical evidence, indicates to me that Harrison was guilty as charged regardless whether he denied it or not. As far as the guilt of Roethlisberger, all we have is one woman who didn't say anything for a year and then filed a civil suit, never went to the police, and bragged to at least one coworker about sleeping with him, not to mention whose mental stability in general was highly questionable, and another who was donning a down to f*ck tee shirt, was too drunk to remember anything and who changed her story at least twice. Real damning evidence there.
-----This comment needs to be removed asap. This all looks so god damn bad. The whole thread needs to be removed. This is a garbage thread. Imagine other teams looking at this garbage! OMG!