Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #11
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,312 Times in 1,831 Posts
Default Re: Jonathan Stewart to the Steelers?

i'd trade wallace for jonathan stewart and a second rd pick. stewart could be a ray rice clone in the right offense. he caught 47 passes last year.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
Rockonsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15574

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i'd trade wallace for jonathan stewart and a second rd pick. stewart could be a ray rice clone in the right offense. he caught 47 passes last year.
No way I'd do that. I want Mike Wallace and J Stewart in this offense together. I'd give up 2 picks in whatever combination(4th/5th round, this/next year draft) or maybe one 3rd round pick in this/next years draft. I'd trade for Stewart, no doubt about it, but for the right price.

And I don't think I want Mendenhall back. And I had huge hopes for the kid. Time to cut losses and move on. Somebody suggested an injury settlement. I like the sound of that.

Rockon
Rockonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Would not give up a 4, maybe a 5th pick. Don't need Stewart, rather spend it on an OLineman.

this guy has also been hurt on and off, dont need that mess to go with the countless injuries we get from players getting hurt in the buffett line
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #14
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Mike Wallace for Jonathan Stewart? That would sure win you the GM of the year award.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Steelerfreak58
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8080

I think we have three good solid RBs already in Redman, Dwyer and Clay from what I have seen of them they can do the job just fine.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
I think we have three good solid RBs already in Redman, Dwyer and Clay from what I have seen of them they can do the job just fine.
i haven't seen much of anything out of Dwyer or Clay. Dwyer had one nice run in garbage time.. Clay looks too slow to me. neither of them are capable of carrying the load if called upon imo.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #17
Rockonsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
Me thinks you're viewing this through very thick, black and gold glasses, my friend. Redman is solid, but what type of back he can be for 16 games, remains to be seen. As for Dwyer and Clay, neither is close to proven, and IMO neither strikes fear in any defenses as far as being real threats. And don't let Dwyers' gimme 78 yd. td run fool ya. He's not that kinda back. Anybody expecting to see more carries like that is in for a rude awakening. Hopefully Baron Batch can be the wildcard in that regard. But, coming off a serious knee injury, how much can we bank on that?

They need to bring another RB in the fold to compete for the starting spot in Mendenhall absence, and possibly even when he returns. Whether that's Stewart or a draft pick, or whatever, it needs to happen.

Rockon
Rockonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #18
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,482 Times in 3,552 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockonsteel View Post
Me thinks you're viewing this through very thick, black and gold glasses, my friend. Redman is solid, but what type of back he can be for 16 games, remains to be seen. As for Dwyer and Clay, neither is close to proven, and IMO neither strikes fear in any defenses as far as being real threats. And don't let Dwyers' gimme 78 yd. td run fool ya. He's not that kinda back. Anybody expecting to see more carries like that is in for a rude awakening. Hopefully Baron Batch can be the wildcard in that regard. But, coming off a serious knee injury, how much can we bank on that?

They need to bring another RB in the fold to compete for the starting spot in Mendenhall absence, and possibly even when he returns. Whether that's Stewart or a draft pick, or whatever, it needs to happen.

Rockon
we're stuck with what we have, we are only 8 mill under the cap and have to find a way to sign wallace and this year's draft picks still. we are not bringing in anybody unless they're signing for the minimum, which stewart will not.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
casteeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Yeehaw

I don't think Barry Sanders could gain yards behind the Steeler offensive line,Pouncy is the only bright spot. I would love to see Redman get 70% of the carries, I'm tired of watching Mendy dance behind the line that couldn't hold their block for 2 seconds
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,312 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
Mike Wallace for Jonathan Stewart? That would sure win you the GM of the year award.
and when wallace signs a 90- 100 million dollar contract WITH ANOTHER TEAM next year and we get absolutely nothing , will that get anyone a gm of the year award ?
my line of thinking is , we'd get a quality back who's averaged 4.8 yds over his 4 year career despite being on a crappy team. he's a good receiver out of the backfield. he shouldn't be looking for the big money truck to back up to him.
plus we'd an extra get the 40th pick of the draft. 3 picks in the top 56 would go a long way to filling in holes. AND it saves a pick on a RB.
people thought it was the end of the world when we lost burress...it wasn't
people thought it was the end of the world when we lost holmes...it wasn't
infact it was the 5th rd pick for holmes that landed us brown... the steelers traded the 5th from NY for holmes , to arizona , in exchange for mcfadden and their 6th rd pick which they used on brown.
had they kept holmes for one last year only to see him go elsewhere for more money , we wouldn't have brown.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote