Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #21
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Pain in the brain?

I think the writer of this article just used the unfortunate accident to get up on a soap box and preach and talk about how he's a better person the Ben Roethlisberger just because he doesn't ride a motorcycle.

What Ben did was stupid and a mistake,yes.But this guy can't say he never did something stupid or made a mistake.Technically he wasn't legal to ride the bike or to not have the helmet on.But how many people drive a car with an invalid liscense and without a seatbelt?Is this guy going to chastize these people to?

Maybe people need to be chastized for not looking out for motorcycles before making a turn.If the woman that hit Ben would have actually been paying attention,we wouldn't even be talking about this.The truth is,accident-wise,Ben was not at fault so people need to stop blaming him for the accident.

Ben said the helmet was in his basement,well it might have been.

Ben said he may or may not ride again.That's not an excuse,that's the truth.He truly doesn't know.He did say however that if he does ever ride again,it will be WITH a helmet.

If this guy doesn't want the kids he doesn't have to have Ben as a role model,that's fine...maybe he prefers Ray Lewis,Jamal Lewis,Frostee Rucker,AJ Nicholson,Sean Taylor,or one of the other thug players in the NFL.I'd rather have my little girl looking up to Big Ben.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:27 PM   #22
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Why cant Ben ride a bike.....
Just because he plays football doesnt mean he should live in a bubble.
Hes 24 yrs old........rich and famous and really has no responsibilities outside of his job, which happens to be football.....
I dont think anyone reading this would want to change their life and avoid doing the hobbies they enjoy to do either by themselves or with family only because of their job.

The only thing Ben did wrong was not have a licence to ride.
Its stupid to even talk about the accident anymore.......Motorcycles are dangerous.but not illegal..Hes not going out and beating up his girlfriends.....and getting arrested for stupid childish behavior.......

I hope Ben is our QB until the day he retires and i dont think he should have to change the way he lives to do so....
Who said anything about putting the kid in a bubble?

I don't think the kid should put the bike down simply because he plays football, I think the kid should put the bike down because this franchise has a huge chunk of cash invested in him.

You don't think anybody reading this thread would want to change their life and avoid doing the hobbies they enjoy because of their job? Speak for yourself. If I were in Ben's situation and my boss came up to me and told me to put the bike away until your retired you damn well better believe I would put the bike down. For two reasons, I could end up smashing my face into a windshield and almost killing myself or becoming a vegetable and the other reason would be out of pure respect for my coach, team and the organization as a whole.

Nobody ever stated that it's against the law to ride a motorcycle, just that it's against the law to ride one minus a license. Ben riding the bike to begin with goes back to my comments pertaining to respecting the organization. At times it's good to put your own personal wants and needs on the back burner, wake up and look at the big picture.

You hope Ben is our QB until he retires? Don't we all?

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 07-18-2006 at 10:00 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #23
SteelerMurf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2064

I can tell Ben's personality has not changed from this accident. I like that for his football career cause I feared he would be a little timid.

The only people that will be able to convince him to not ride or ride without a helmet is his family...........take that back , he needs to find a girlfriend or a wife to tell him what to do. That will fix it for good.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:38 PM   #24
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerMurf
The only people that will be able to convince him to not ride or ride without a helmet is his family...........take that back , he needs to find a girlfriend or a wife to tell him what to do. That will fix it for good.
What he needs is a contract that states his butt is not premitted to touch a motorcyle seat until he's retired.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 AM   #25
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
What he needs is a contract that states his butt is not premitted to touch a motorcyle seat until he's retired.
and i wouldnt be surprised if he the steelers werent puttting sometime of claus together right now that specifies dangerous activitys. Whether it be riding motorcycles,jet skis or even skiing or snow boarding
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:41 AM   #26
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
I don't think the kid should put the bike down simply because he plays football, I think the kid should put the bike down because this franchise has a huge chunk of cash invested in him.
I couldn't have said it any better. The Rooneys have every right to want to protect their investment, as any other good business person or corporation would do.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:51 AM   #27
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2221

Quote:
Then he would probably get into something else...like bungee jumping
Old 07-19-2006, 08:55 AM   #28
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D
and i wouldnt be surprised if he the steelers werent puttting sometime of claus together right now that specifies dangerous activitys. Whether it be riding motorcycles,jet skis or even skiing or snow boarding
thats why i said this
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:09 AM   #29
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D
yep, it would have to be all inclusive or he'd find a loop hole.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #30
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

Well I am glad alot of you arent my boss.....
I still make my own decisions becuase life is way to short.....

So I suppose that every investment made by the Steelers since 1933 has been protected?
So I suppose they have never lost on any?
Comon folks.....The Steelers already got there original investment back with Ben
How many Items have been sold? How many Dreams have been filled?

YES..The Rooney's have every right to protect there Investment.
It's not in his contract, so let it go!
We all have an opinion, but would ya rather have Tommy back?

BUT, If you invest Millions in the stocks, can you protect your investment? NOT Completely.......
Sure is easy for many to say "Put it in" "He would Find a Loop" "It would have to be exclusive"
Remember just becuase you choose a living, NO MAN or WOMAN owns YOU....Slavery was abolished for good reason. FREEDOM OF CHOICE....

9 DAYS and it's Time to start working on REPEAT!

Last edited by nicesteel4life; 07-19-2006 at 09:20 AM.
nicesteel4life is offline   Reply With Quote