Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 03-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,141 Times in 1,015 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Mock Draft 3/30/12

1. Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
2. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
3. Brandon Washington, G, Miami
4. Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
5. Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan State
6. Coty Sensabaugh, CB, Clemson
7. Edwin Baker, RB, Michigan State
7. Matt Conrath, DE, Virginia
7. Chad Diehl, FB, Clemson
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
devin7558
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23989
Default Re: Mock Draft 3/30/12

likes: luke kuechly, alameda taamu, coty sensabaugh, chad diehl
dislikes: brandon washington, trenton robinson
indifferent: mitchell schwartz

the more i think about the players in this particular draft (coupled with the fact that we talk so much about our team "needs" that its easy to lose sight of the bigger picture) it has occured to me that the needs are across the board everywhere. whether its depth or a potential starter we could use: WR,RB,TE,QB,OL, DL/NT, LB's,CB, FS....to me the steelers should just take the BPA every round and plug it in as depth. just compete for ALL the starters at NEED positions in camp.

sorry for the rant
devin7558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Kuechly was mocked as low as 32 on one draft but boy I don't know I think he is gone as high as 12 to Seattle. If we are after Kuechly's type then Hightower would not be the alternative. Guys like Mychal Kendricks or even Zach Brown may be instead.

If Ta'amu is there at the end of the 2nd we have to wonder if we got lucky or is there a reason for that. I was amazed we got Limas Sweed in the 2nd one year.

If we got Kuechly and Ta'amu I would be pretty happy though. Like jump out of the recliner and spill my Nachos Bell Grande happy. But I probably would be as happy if we say got T Jonathan Martin and Ta'amu.

And as much as I'd like a Fullback the team seems to be sticking with that H-back type with the signing of Will Johnson and the retaining of David Johnson and Jamie McCoy although Chad Diehl is of H-back size but no where near as good a pass catcher. (had no rec last year) Emil Igwenagu in the 7th might be a better option and more of a H-back if we even still need to draft one.

One thing for sure this year is going to be a hard draft to mock because they could go in so many different directions and even get players out of position to play other positions. Zack Brown OLB could be picked as a ILB for instance. Stuff like that.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23936

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin7558 View Post
likes: luke kuechly, alameda taamu, coty sensabaugh, chad diehl
dislikes: brandon washington, trenton robinson
indifferent: mitchell schwartz

the more i think about the players in this particular draft (coupled with the fact that we talk so much about our team "needs" that its easy to lose sight of the bigger picture) it has occured to me that the needs are across the board everywhere. whether its depth or a potential starter we could use: WR,RB,TE,QB,OL, DL/NT, LB's,CB, FS....to me the steelers should just take the BPA every round and plug it in as depth. just compete for ALL the starters at NEED positions in camp.

sorry for the rant
Brandon Washington is the most physically gifted guard prospect in the draft. He needs to work on technique a bit but he is easily worthy of a third even second round pick and I would love to have him on the team. I really like the way this mock plays out. It fills all needs with great players and adds good depth.
Dalarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

i think there 3 players they wouldn't hesitate taking if they feel ... poe, luke, and martin are them guys ...

i like the idea of taking 2 OL ... personally i'd go OL second and chapman in the 3rd

not to sure about 5-7 ...i know they like Robison but he's to small to guard these bigger TE and WR the league i really hope they pass on him... and look at brandon hardin at the S position
please give me LB marcus dowtin in the 6th ... i think our CB are ok and can get somebody in the 7th
i don't really like taking a FB i know alot of ppl want to go back to "ground and pound" ... i just don't think you pay ben elite QB money to "ground and pound" , you got to give ben weapons if your going to pay him that much money
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,871 Times in 936 Posts

I dont think that Schwartz will last to the 4th, but if he does, then I like him. Reminds me of Jon Runyan...not athletic, but a big solid RT that should hold down that spot for a decade. Apparantly Schwartz was one of the most intelligent players at the combine.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I dont think that Schwartz will last to the 4th, but if he does, then I like him. Reminds me of Jon Runyan...not athletic, but a big solid RT that should hold down that spot for a decade. Apparantly Schwartz was one of the most intelligent players at the combine.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Don't know too much about Coty Sensabaugh but a guy I like for the Steelers maybe in the 5th is

Keith Tandy WVU CB.

Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
My Mood: Crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
1. Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
2. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
3. Brandon Washington, G, Miami
4. Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
5. Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan State
6. Coty Sensabaugh, CB, Clemson
7. Edwin Baker, RB, Michigan State
7. Matt Conrath, DE, Virginia
7. Chad Diehl, FB, Clemson
Nice draft but I have it.
  1. RD1-Johnathon Martin-OT-Stanford
  2. RD-2 Brandon Brooks-OG-Miami (OH)
  3. RD3-Josh Chapman-NT-Alabama
  4. RD4-Vontez Burfict-LB-Arizona State
  5. RD5-Derek Wolfe-DE-Cincinatti
  6. RD6-Chris Rainey-WR/RB-Flordia
  7. RD7a-Justin Bethel-CB-Presbyterian College
  8. RD7b-Art Forst-OG/OT-Rutgers
  9. RD7c-Chad Diehl-FB-Clemson
  10. RD7d-Danny Hrapmann-K-Southern Miss
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
My Mood: Crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujirama24 View Post
Nice draft but I have it.
  1. RD1-Johnathon Martin-OT-Stanford
  2. RD-2 Brandon Brooks-OG-Miami (OH)
  3. RD3-Josh Chapman-NT-Alabama
  4. RD4-Vontez Burfict-LB-Arizona State
  5. RD5-Derek Wolfe-DE-Cincinatti
  6. RD6-Chris Rainey-WR/RB-Flordia
  7. RD7a-Justin Bethel-CB-Presbyterian College
  8. RD7b-Art Forst-OG/OT-Rutgers
  9. RD7c-Chad Diehl-FB-Clemson
  10. RD7d-Danny Hrapmann-K-Southern Miss
Here's a little about my Mock. Martin is a big OT that can start a RT and if Gilbert doesn't do very well next year at LT martin could switch postions in 2013. Brooks attacks the person in front of him decent footwork. Chapman could have been a 1st round guy but has had Knee injuries. Burfict was considered a top 15 pick until his implode during the offseason. He didn't run well at the combine and it is said he didn't interview very well either. Wolfe is a guy I really like, I watched him alot doing his career and was very impressed. We could do much worse. Rainer could start out on special teams taking antonio browns spot. He could play slot reciever down the road. Bethel is an underrated small college corner. He has decent speed and plays the run very well. FROST is a project type guy who should be a swing man on the offensive line. Chad Diehl is a great lead blocker. HRAPMANN had a good career with good medium range kicks, has kick field goals over 50 and has had multiple touch backs on kickoffs.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote