Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Texas Steel
Water Boy

Member Number: 24001
Default My Mock

OK, here is my mock after much deliberation, and yes I have stolen some great ideas from posts on the website and others which I dont purport to be my own, ie. Justin Criner in the 5th, love him or McNutt.

This is my virgin post so go easy, but living in Dallas I spend a lot of time reading and listenig to podcasts to avoid hearing about Jerry World!

1st- Cordy Glenn, G/OT, Clemson - OL flexibility and road grader nastiness makes this an easy choice if he is still on the board, can start at LG or RG this year and provide insurance should Colon go down again at RT

2nd- Alameda Ta’amu NT (Washington) – Flying under the radar, but a perfect fit for what the Steelers expect out of a NT, starts behind McClendon to open the season but will be in the mix or even start by week 8 depending on Hampton’s status

3rd- Mychal Kendricks, ILB, Nevada - The Steelers don’t normally place a 1st round value on a ILB and they won’t this year, his skill set is a perfect fit, will play behind Foote and Sylvester next year but could compete for a starting job in 2013

4th- Isiah Pead, RB, University of Cincinnati – With Mendy starting the season on the PUP most likely the Steelers really need some depth at RB, his punt return abilities will also allow the Steelers to move Antonio Brown out of that role to limit injury. With nothing proven behind Redman I wouldn’t be surprised to see them spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on a RB. Dwyer and Clay have little game experience and while Baron Batch had a great camp last year, well it was training camp a year ago and a surgery ago

5th- Justin Criner, WR, AZ – Red Target anyone? Even if Wallace stays we only have 3 WR under contact, they may even draft 2

6th- Derek Wolfe, DE, Cincinnati – Another player who may not drop this far, but the Steelers have shown interest, they will need some depth at DE with the retirement of Smith

7th- Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan St. – A raw talent that the Steelers have shown interest in, Mundy and Allen don’t hold a lot of promise for the future, may have a shot of making the roster if he is a capable backup and can shine on special teams

7th- Case Keenum, QB, Houston – Leftwich may follow Red Zone Arians to Indy, taking a flyer here but could be a solid #2 QB quickly, a year or 2 behind Batch will help the learning curve

7th- George Bryan, TE, NC State – Need some camp bodies with Saunders starting the season on a 4 game suspension, will Haley utilize the TE more? If so I wouldn’t be surprised to even see the Steelers trade back in round 1 and pick up Fleener late 1st or early 2nd round

7th - Randy Bullock - K - Texas A&M - Sean ”Po Sweezy”, enough said
Texas Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Texas Steel
Water Boy

Default Re: My Mock

Sorry, meant to put this in the war room, rookie mistake
Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
devin7558
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23989

kendricks and juron criner are both probable 2nd rd talents, wolfe is a 4th rd guy most likely and trenton robinson is a 4th/5th rd guy as well so i think they are all long gone by the time you have them mocked to us here
devin7558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Unfortunately I too think your about a round or two late on almost all the picks except the last 3 guys. Ta'amu could very well be there in the 2nd but hearing some negatives about him as well. This is not a great draft year for depth at ILB and NT.

I think the Steelers will also need another O lineman in there somewhere and I think they are going to take a CB instead of a safety this year.

If your first 7 picks were in fact what will happen it wouldn't be bad at all.

WalterFootball.com has a pretty decent 5 round mock right now for the Steelers.

Donta' Hightower ILB
Amini Silatolu G
Robert Turbin RB
Nicolas Jean Baptiste NT
Jeff Fuller WR (might like someone else better here though)
Kingmagyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Texas Steel
Water Boy

Good points, its like grocery shopping, you dont want to put anything good back on the shelf. I may need to slide some of these guys up a round or 2 and maybe add in a OT
Old 04-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

yeah i agree probably like a round late on most of these guys ... but i really hope your right about the ILB thing ... i don't want to see ILB in the first ... our lines on both side or more important ... most important hole on the team is to keep Ben healthy
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote